The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > DoomGem

Conversation Between DoomGem and The Silent Genius
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
  1. The Silent Genius
    10-29-2012 05:52 PM
    The Silent Genius
    There's no hard feelings...we all have our moments...
  2. DoomGem
    10-28-2012 10:32 PM
    DoomGem
    I'd like to apologize for being kind of a snide dick to you last night. Not sure what my deal was. I was really loaded and something must've triggered my bad side.

For the record, I've always liked you, and I still remember when we talked to each other around the time my job hit rock bottom. You're a good dude :) So again, sorry. The odds of that happening again are super slim. Promise. And if it does happen, you can feel free to punch me in the face xD

PS: Wish you'd talk more!
  3. The Silent Genius
    09-09-2012 12:19 AM
    The Silent Genius
  4. The Silent Genius
    03-11-2012 11:40 PM
    The Silent Genius
    not rude at all. we all have lives and priorities. just keep your head high and always do what you feel is the right thing.
  5. DoomGem
    03-11-2012 09:56 PM
    DoomGem
    I feel it was kinda rude of me not to get back to you, but I really wanted to take my time with what I wanted to write and I have so many things to do online with so little time to do 'em all. That, and I like to keep my job separated from the VP. I know, I know...I brought it up But USUALLY, this place is my safe escape and I just wanna enjoy myself here. Although in a way, this place has kinda become work too. I hate that. But anyway...in short, I wanted to say thanks for the insight. It was good stuff.

I understand the "company way" vs. "my way" thing and I guess I'm still so used to it being privately owned when things were a lot more laid back and loose, that I haven't really realized how professional and strict it's become after the owner switch. It's actually quite staggering when I step back and take the time to think about it. It's been such a slooowwwww gradual change o.o
  6. The Silent Genius
    03-04-2012 04:02 AM
    The Silent Genius
    Also, when a new boss shows up, they feel the need to make an example out of somebody, to prove who is in charge. Maybe that is what you're going through as well. I experienced this a couple years back. It was like I had a big red target on my back, but luckily I prevailed, because he ended up getting fired.
  7. The Silent Genius
    03-04-2012 04:01 AM
    The Silent Genius
    So, take that into perspective when it comes to your new boss, she is responsible for everything to be right, and priority one is customer satisfaction, which is impossible. And the public is not patient. They want perfection, and they want it fast, so you have to find a comfortable medium. So, when you do things your way, and not the "company" way, she is held responsible if something goes wrong, or if her superiors find out.

Try to get her one on one, and voice your feelings of everything to her just like you did to me. Unless you truely believe it's a lost, then you will know for sure that it's time to move on.
  8. The Silent Genius
    03-04-2012 03:59 AM
    The Silent Genius
    Anytime, I'm always up to listen and advise. I spent a decade of my life in that field, and the best thing I ever did was leave it. I'm very quiet myself most of the time, kind of a "speak when spoken to" kind of person. I prefer to think and focus on what I'm doing, or am about to do. I now work in manufacturing and I can go all week without speaking a word to anyone, and nobody cares.

But, in your situation, it boils down to whether or not you're happy there. It was ok for me at first, but then once I became GM, it went downhill. It's like being responsible for everything that happens, and powerless to do anything about it. I had already fired one assistant manager. His replacement was even worse, and that's when reality hit. It's me. I'm never going to be happy here. So I made the move.
  9. DoomGem
    03-03-2012 09:45 PM
    DoomGem
    ...And I figure people would like their food to be prepared nicely and wouldn't mind waiting a few seconds more, you know? So I take the time to do it. I know when I have to be fast, like when we're really busy...and I am...but when we're really slow, why rush so fast? Why not take the time to make the food as good as possible? I see some of the slop that other people put together and it's like they're a little kid in art class. It's like, "Seriously? You realize someone paid for that, right?". But with all that being said, that just might've been rock bottom where we were at as a collective whole. It is starting to feel like things are on the upswing...I guess we'll see. Again, thanks for the message. If anything, it felt good to get that out of my system xD
  10. DoomGem
    03-03-2012 09:42 PM
    DoomGem
    ...Otherwise, I have two options: Fight her and eventually get fired because I can't stand her OR give in to her ways and do things the way they're "supposed to be done" while selling out in the process. I don't think I have the ability to sell out...even if my life depended on it. Anyway, other than communication, I apparently need to work on my speed, as well. I guess I'm "slow", but the difference between that and how fast I'm supposed to be is just a few seconds. It also doesn't help when I'm the only one in charge of making the food when there's supposed to be two and then she judges my performance as if I were two people. She's abusive in a passive-aggressive way and it SUCKS...