The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:28 PM
Red

I'm loving Under Your Spell, definitely a different sound from them - someone said 'more sophisticated' which I'd agree with. Also it sounds like they dramatically lowered the vocal line since the 'Disintegrate' demo.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:41 PM
Walking with Strangers

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr!mson View Post
I'm loving Under Your Spell, definitely a different sound from them - someone said 'more sophisticated' which I'd agree with. Also it sounds like they dramatically lowered the vocal line since the 'Disintegrate' demo.
I don't know what you mean by 'vocal line' - the demo was just an instrumental...seriously though, I'm no musician, so I've no clue what all that musical lingo means.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 03-31-2017, 08:06 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
I don't know what you mean by 'vocal line' - the demo was just an instrumental...seriously though, I'm no musician, so I've no clue what all that musical lingo means.
Now that we're talking about it I realise I might be remembering it wrong, but I think the demo video had a synth line that Rainbow said was a vocal idea?
Old 03-31-2017, 09:29 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Now that we're talking about it I realise I might be remembering it wrong, but I think the demo video had a synth line that Rainbow said was a vocal idea?
Yeah, I remember that.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:34 PM
Red

I love this song! This was one of my favorites, and I'm glad they chose to release it early! As time goes on I have a harder time remembering the songs. I can't believe it's already almost a month now. I know there's heavier-sounding ones (like Falling Down or Broken kind of heavy) in there. And the "snakeman" is in a few Under Your Spell was one of the somewhat laid-back songs.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:55 AM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I love this song! This was one of my favorites, and I'm glad they chose to release it early! As time goes on I have a harder time remembering the songs. I can't believe it's already almost a month now. I know there's heavier-sounding ones (like Falling Down or Broken kind of heavy) in there. And the "snakeman" is in a few Under Your Spell was one of the somewhat laid-back songs.
I feel like it would be hell on earth to listen to them twice and then not be able to hear them again for months! Can you remember if there were more laid back songs on the album? Anything along the lines of 'Forever' that's more synth focused without many guitars?

Or anything as upbeat as Oceania which is one of my favs It would be nice if they finished on an upbeat note, it seems like the majority will be quite sad songs.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:30 AM
Red

I was at the listening sessions. Yes, there's a really beautiful slow song just before the last one, and the ending track is upbeat sounding.

Overall, I thought the album sounded more upbeat than Superstition and certainly Hide & Seek. Seemed a much more substantial sounding album versus those last two albums, and reminds me of Walking with Strangers. Chibi is really great and I like the mixing of the album that keeps her voice clear. Yeah, I think this could definitely be one of their best.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Violet

Send a message via Skype™ to Satu

Under Your Spell sounds amazing, I love it! Been listening to it and Counterpane a lot (I think Counterpane will be stuck in my head forever)
Old 04-01-2017, 11:55 PM
Violet

I really love under your spell, it's probably​ one of my new favorite songs. It sounds different and I like that Chibi sings a little lower in this song. Im not usually into songs about relationships (which it seems the new album is going to have that kind of theme), but I think this is going to be the exception! I also love the album artwork, with that pretty lilac color and the skeletons. It's so beautiful

Signature by Plague Kitty
Old 04-02-2017, 04:16 AM
Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolflux View Post
I was at the listening sessions. Yes, there's a really beautiful slow song just before the last one, and the ending track is upbeat sounding.

Overall, I thought the album sounded more upbeat than Superstition and certainly Hide & Seek. Seemed a much more substantial sounding album versus those last two albums, and reminds me of Walking with Strangers. Chibi is really great and I like the mixing of the album that keeps her voice clear. Yeah, I think this could definitely be one of their best.
WWS is by far my most favorite album by them so if this comes anywhere near to that I would be ecstatic. So far the Counterpane and Under your Spell do have some of that feel a bit. I want that old "The Cure" guitar and synth sound again lol. Either way they're awesome. Can't wait for the album!
Old 04-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolettWolf View Post
I really love under your spell, it's probably​ one of my new favorite songs. It sounds different and I like that Chibi sings a little lower in this song. Im not usually into songs about relationships (which it seems the new album is going to have that kind of theme), but I think this is going to be the exception!
Same here!

Yes it is torture to wait so long for the album! They told us it would be three months for the album to come out, from the Thursday before the listening sessions.

I do remember one song toward the middle or end of the album had bridge solos, one for guitar and one for keyboard, and maybe drums? Definitely the first two
Old 05-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Red

So, call this wishful thinking, but I got a feeling they'll make the album available to pledgers soon.

The latest update said they'd be sending out pledge items soon. It sounded like that would include the unsigned CDs. It wouldn't make sense for people to receive the new album while other pledgers had to wait. Also Terry mentioned he'd be uploading """something""" soon as a peace offering... and if I remember, Superstition was released on Pledgemusic well before the release date...

Should I let myself get excited?

Last edited by cr!mson; 05-02-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:41 AM
Persephone

Location: Where I go hauntingly, within the depths of a darkened forest

Quote:
So, call this wishful thinking, but I got a feeling they'll make the album available to pledgers soon.

The latest update said they'd be sending out pledge items soon. It sounded like that would include the unsigned CDs. It wouldn't make sense for people to receive the new album while other pledgers had to wait. Also Terry mentioned he'd be uploading """something""" soon as a peace offering... and if I remember, Superstition was released on Pledgemusic well before the release date...

It's quite possible.......

The waning moon sets to rest
Withering a night sky to a zombie grey light
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Old 05-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Oh My Cod!

Quote:

Should I let myself get excited?
Omg I didn't even think of this! Totally makes sense and I hope that is indeed his peace offering :D Gonna be great whatever it may be!
Old 05-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera Doll View Post
Omg I didn't even think of this! Totally makes sense and I hope that is indeed his peace offering :D Gonna be great whatever it may be!
I was under the impression that the 'something' would be just one more song...I thought Superstition was released only a dew days before 'general' release, in which case I wouldn't say that was 'well before release date'...