The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Red

Thanks! Although this is TBM show #4 for me, I love going to them. I've considered traveling a little when they're on tour, as others do. Getting the most out of the experience, by visiting a new place and seeing TBM live, for as long as they're putting on shows
Old 06-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Oh My Cod!

Going to see TBM live tonight for the first time!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Violet

My first post on here but my wife and I are long time fans. We had a blast and didn't meet a single unpleasant person. It was nice meeting you, Rogue, sorry for not being the guy you met at the Listening Party

Already hyped for the next album or 20 year world tour!

As for the openers, Sumo Cyco wasn't really my taste but put on a really great high energy performance. Army of the Universe was good and their latest album is VERY good. Check it out on Spotify or buy it at the show and they'll sign it for you :D

Last edited by FadedReality; 06-16-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: table breaking
Old 06-17-2017, 11:36 PM
Red

Thumbs up

Hey, it was great meeting you & talking at the show! Because there were two listen sessions, and someone made a private group for all of us on FB, I've only seen half of the faces in person. I thought yours was one of the faces I've seen in the group from the other session. I'm sorry I ran off after the show. I was wanting to see what bar some of the band was going to. Turned out it was pretty crowded and I didn't really talk to any of them there. I just hope they didn't think I was bugging them

Chimera, I hope you love the show! It is quite an experience!

Last edited by Rogue; 06-17-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Hey, it was great meeting you & talking at the show! Because there were two listen sessions, and someone made a private group for all of us on FB, I've only seen half of the faces in person. I thought yours was one of the faces I've seen in the group from the other session. I'm sorry I ran off after the show. I was wanting to see what bar some of the band was going to. Turned out it was pretty crowded and I didn't really talk to any of them there. I just hope they didn't think I was bugging them

Chimera, I hope you love the show! It is quite an experience!
No worries! If we had met them before and felt comfortable doing that, we probably would have followed! I thought I saw you the next night in Orlando and was going to come say hi but I wasn't sure it was you until I saw your FB linked in your profile here.

Maybe next listening session we actually will be in the same room
Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Oh My Cod!

Here's a Army of the Universe interview by our pal The Noise Beneath The Snow
https://noisebeneaththesnow.com/2017...s-may-22-2017/

I really liked Army of the Universe's performance! Especially with that unicorn float hahaha so funny! Enjoyed Sumo Cyco a lot too! Both bands did amazing and were very entertaining :D got themselves a new fan
Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Violet

I forgot to mention in my post:

If you're like me you were standing front and center at your show, didn't have earplugs, and the sound board guy was running everything max volume. For me this made the opening bands super distorted and hard to understand.

If you're also like me and are really bad about looking up opening bands before a show (and sometimes after), you might not know that both bands' latest efforts are really good.

Army of the Universe especially, for me. They have a fun gimmick on the album where after 1999 when the new Millennium hit, we went to Hell and this is all "The Aftershow" in Hell. Here's one of my favorites from the album.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Red Stars

the bassist from sumo cyco told me to fuck off but wasnt sure if it was directed at me or just the situation from when i asked "so what are you guys doing after the tour?" i guess that made him uncomfortable. then i realized i think he was just a fill in and felt he wasnt welcomed into the band after that. shrugs?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Violet

Huh, that's weird. Maybe he meant he was going to fuck off and just had a weird sense of humor? He was friendly to me but did excuse himself pretty quickly to go talk to a woman flagging him down.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedReality View Post
No worries! If we had met them before and felt comfortable doing that, we probably would have followed! I thought I saw you the next night in Orlando and was going to come say hi but I wasn't sure it was you until I saw your FB linked in your profile here.

Maybe next listening session we actually will be in the same room
Sounds good! I'm hoping they do another Pledge and listen session in the future. Despite getting a little sick on my trip up there, it was a lot of fun! I hadn't gone to the Orlando show, although I thought about it since it's about 2 hours away.

Not sure if the guy from Sumo was irritated, he probably meant they were going to unwind somewhere. I think most of the three bands' members ended up at the bar near Orpheum. At one point I was talking to someone sitting next to me, and so was looking outside. I saw Sumo Cyco walk by, or maybe they came into the bar, I'm not sure. There were already a lot of people, both from the show and not, in the bar before members from TBM, SC, and AotU got in.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:25 AM
Red

Love this one by my friend John Blood, Atlanta show. Yes, shorter focal length rules!!