The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Walking with Strangers

Thumbs up Get TBM on the radio

So I was made aware of the following website: http://www.cpr.org/ by a Robert Weber on Facebook.

From the OpenAir section of their website:
Quote:
CPR’s OpenAir takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.

Since launching in 2011, hundreds of bands, many of which have local ties, have visited the CPR Performance Studio to record their music and share insight with CPR's OpenAir hosts, giving listeners exclusive access to a wide range of music with a Colorado focus.
There's a section for the artists themselves to submit their work, but there's a section for requesting songs to be played: http://www.cpr.org/openair/make-request

They have a Specialty Show called RetroFit:
Quote:
RetroFit is a weekly hour long program that explores music from the past and how it relates to today's musical landscape focusing on a theme each week, Saturdays at 5pm & Sundays at noon.
Quote:
A major reason I think that CPR will love them is because one of their major focuses is showing how music connects between eras
they have a show "retro-fit" that draws parallels between old songs and new ones
I went and requested they play Red Stars and linked them to the Bandcamp pages for Superstition and Imagica. I think it'd help the band to get them on the radio.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 02-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Violet

I don't think they need to go on the radio. They're doing fine without it, and anyway going on the radio would make them more mainstream and that's not good!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Red Stars

I agree. TBM is doing fine without airplay. I'd also hate for TBM to go mainstream. Hollywood will control them and control the content of their lyrics just to make it "radio friendly". Its another thing to think about..especially if its american radio stations..they only play recycled lyrics..the oh baby baby, i hate my life i hate my life content. nothing original. I think TBM would be more of a fit for some underground radio play like goth/industrial stations stuff like that where its more open to playing original shit.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Violet

I really hope they don't go mainstream. They would have to change so much, and they could lose their edge. And seeing them in small concert clubs adds to the intimacy, which I love. Plus, they love meeting with their fans at their shows. If they had to start playing larger shows, they would lose that ability. I think that being able to personally interact with their fans would give any band strength.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Red Stars

i agree id miss that interaction so much so im with you. sadly they dont live a decent wealthy life just off their music. i say wealthy instead of luxurious because they arent the type of people to upload images of nice cars and fancy things on facebook. they are real hard working people just like us that make due.

Tags
airplay, cpr, radio