The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Artist's Corner

Artist's Corner Share your artwork, poetry or anything artistic.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

Send a message via Yahoo to Crazykits Send a message via Skype™ to Crazykits
Default TBM~To Die For~Musical~Fanbase

~Iza work in Progress~

I can't believe it, but I am actually going to try it. I used to write scripts and was part of plays/musicals back in high school. I also did some performing here in Florida. So this is a test for myself and to see if I can really stick to this. I also wanted to see if this could possibly work. Taking ideas from musicals such as Across the Universe and Mama Mia! Where they Incorporated music from a famouse band and turned their songs into a musical. My ideas are all sprawled out in my mind and need to get written down. Its driving me mad. I must do this. I have a lot of time at work to do this, so no excuses on not having any time.

Once I am finished with the Script, I'll post it on here and then maybe give a copy to tbm? Not sure yet but lol we'll see..

What I want from you..

Yes I do need some aide here fellow Vpers..

I want to know what each song of TBM's means to you. You don't have to list all of them, just one, a few or a couple song of theirs. This will help with ideas since each song can be interpreted differently.

Thanks much!

-Updates-
Operation TBM Musical is a go!

5/22/2012
Rough draft of a scene finished,
Teaser, Scene of Blue;
UPDATE URL: http://crazykittenpunch4you.blog.com...sacre-musical/

5/23/2012
Main Character Bio
Rough Draft
http://crazykittenpunch4you.blog.com/

6/18/2012
Rough draft of scene Violet/opening act finished
http://crazykittenpunch4you.blog.com...g-act-scene-1/

6/30/2012
Intro to Act I Scene II complete
http://crazykittenpunch4you.blog.com...cene-ii-intro/

7-8-2012
Act I Scene II complete
http://crazykittenpunch4you.blog.com...-i-scene-ii-2/

8-7-2012
ACT I Scene III
Partially Complete
http://crazykittenpunch4you.blog.com...t-i-scene-iii/
Currently working on sub scene now.

Last edited by Crazykits; 08-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 AM
No.

If you need any help with the script, give me a nudge. Actually, give me a nudge anyway, this sounds fucking awesome.

As for songs...

To Die For: Potentially-failing relationship where girl reminds boy that he's awesome, but there's only so much she'll put up with, so he'd better get with the program.
Under the Stairs: revenge song against a tormenter/abuser where the victim gets revenge by faking their death and then fucking up the abuser.
The Dream: girl decides 'fuck the world' and goes to achieve her dream.
Nevermind: drunken dub-con, baby, yeah.
Kill the Lights: compares fairy tales to real life and concludes that it's bullshit, but we need imagination/stories to stop ourselves from committing suicide.
Two Hearts: Slowly degenerating abusive relationship.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Oh My Cod!

Send a message via Skype™ to Clear Vision

the idea, Seems like a good excuse to go through all songs today. Will update it once I get the time for it. It really seems like an interesting idea and I want to help with it.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

^ thank you cv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Spiral View Post
If you need any help with the script, give me a nudge. Actually, give me a nudge anyway, this sounds fucking awesome.
Thank yoou Darky!! Any sort of help/input would be much appreciated! and thanks for providing your song meanings.
So this weekend I am working on putting together the story summary and character bios. I might need help with naming characters. I know easy task, but for some reason I always have trouble giving names to characters in my stories. Right now the story isn't fully in order in my head. I have random scenes popping up whenever I am listening to/ thinking about a TBM song.lol. but ill go ahead and write down the scenes and think about the order later.test

Last edited by Crazykits; 08-21-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:26 AM
No.

^ I'd love to help with naming the characters, but methinks I should see the bios first because then it'd be.... easier. Sort of.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

^ yeah no problemo, I'll send you a copy of the bios.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Violet

Personally, the dream reflects a man that has took advantage of a girl (I dont know how to express it, am I right?), a man who used a girl, he made her fall in love with him and then he leave her. He has been mad and he breaks her heart. He has been experimentng his abbilities to curse an innocent girl and he has fucked her life. It is a powerfull song, a song to sing with anger.

"You are not the first to dream this little girl, you know it's never happened once in this world, it never crossed my mind that one so young could hope to find a power greater then my own"
Old 05-20-2012, 04:15 PM
MCMLXXXIV

bod is quite the character

Your unfriendly neighbourhood Spider-bod

Old 05-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Red

Lover's End: A story about a girl and a boy. The boy breaks her heart by cheating on her with another girl. The girl crys and sings about how scared she is before she snaps and kills the other girl. The girl then knocks out the boy and locks him in a cellar. The boy wakes up, slowly dying from losing air down there, the last words he hears is his ex chanting "1, 2, 3, 4, underneath the celler floor, 5, 6, 7, 8, lover will suffocate"
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Oh My Cod!

Send a message via Skype™ to Clear Vision

I'll do some other songs later on, but here's my first batch of songs and what they mean to me. Hope it helps you write the script and stuff.

Kill the lights: a movie star plays all these colourful characters in the movies she’s made. She seems like a cheerful and interesting person in front of the camera, but in real life she’s just a boring and depressed person only live there life to the fullest in the spotlight.

Looking glass: about an emotional and physical abusive relation where the boy is taking control over the girl and trying to set her to his standards. She almost loses her own identity in this. She finally decides to get away and let him behind in grief.

Remember me: a broken home situation, where the family seems to be in conflict with each other. It was great before, but turned out bad. Honesty and openness aren’t possible anymore at home, so this person tries to escape the situation. Hoping one day the problem will fix itself.

Red stars: IMO about fake talent and plagiarism as a way to get attention.

Play dead: about feeling different then the ordinary stereotypes of boys/girls and feeling you don’t fit in somewhere. Observation shows every trick men play and the way women behave to act to the standards. The spell will make them all play dead and somehow feel more comfortable of people in general.

The dream: still my favourite song of them . For me it’s about having hard to reach (unrealistic) dreams, but still trying to go for it. People always mocked you for it and didn’t believe you’d ever achieve it. As you grow older and lost contact with these people, you’re one of the few people whose effort has paid off and you fulfilled your dreams.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Black

I absolutely love this idea! :D I'd love to help in any possible way, even be in a performance of it haha, it sounds amazing.

A few songs...
Unfamiliar: Remembering a painful memory and trying to escape it but it takes over. Maybe feeling lost and everything seems different and strange and not quite the same as it used to be.
Red Stars: When someone works hard on something but someone else takes it away and gets credit for it.
Always: A bad breakup, a pretty depressing one. It sounds like it was mutual and for the best but sad.
Remember Me: I personally interpret this in a few different ways, one being about someone who's unhappy and wants to run away or leave and start over. Maybe going after what they want despite what others think. But they're torn between leaving and staying for fear they'll fail or be forgotten.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:36 AM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

Thank you to those who have posted up what some of the songs mean to them. I may or may not use all of them. I have a feeling that some songs will be intertwining with one another in a few scenes.

And yes, Bod you are quite a character...

Lol I keep thinking if I am crazy for wanting to do this..
Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

Update! Rough Draft of Scene of Blue has been added to first post!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazykits View Post
Update! Rough Draft of Scene of Blue has been added to first post!
I read it, you described everything so well! Looking forward to the next part.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

Thank you Donnaj