The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Violet

It was right before Walking With Strangers was released. I was looking at random Youtube videos and in one of them a demo of Kill the Lights was playing. I was in love and immediately searched for other videos of TBM songs.
The next day I ordered Violet and soon after...Walking with Strangers.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:02 AM
Unfamiliar

Send a message via AIM to DomminRose Send a message via MSN to DomminRose Send a message via Yahoo to DomminRose Send a message via Skype™ to DomminRose

Hmm...let's see... I found TBM through Dommin last year...I know that's kinda strange, since Dommin is a smaller band but I checked them out when I found out Dommin's frontman, Kris, was a big fan and that they were going to tour together. I fell in love with TBM instantly. I guess you could say I'm somewhat of a fresh fan, but the love keeps growing!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Violet

My first touch with TBM was from some random youtube video, Red Stars being the song.
Got me then semi-interested and I went looking for more, first for Walking With Strangers album which got me hooked instantly.

After few weeks of listening to it I went for their other albums liking every new song I heard more and more.
This was around september-october last year and I haven't really listened to anything else since then
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Black

Smile

I was kinda late to the party. I was driving blood specimens around Maine as a Medical Courier in the Fall of 2009. I had Pandora on my phone cranking through the car stereo. I had created a Pandora station for "music like Evanescence". The first TBM song I heard was, "Kill the Lights". I was blown away.

Most of the other bands on that Pandora channel were European Symphonic Metal Bands with female vocalists. And I really enjoyed a lot of what I was hearing. But TBM was completely different and I loved it immediately. I bought, "Walking with Strangers", and popped it on my headphones as I raked the leaves.

Again, I was just completely blown away. Every damn song on the album was outstanding! From that point on I was a confirmed fan. I've never had the chance to see the band live, but I really hope to!

Btw, it's good to be here. I'm glad I found a bunch of folks as wild about TBM as I am.

Go Cat
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Unfamiliar

I was it was the day of my 14th birthday so I wanted to download a song that had the sentance "Happy Birthday" in it so I could use it on loop on iTunes and make it visible on my PM on MSN, so I searched around youtube and came across a custom made videoclip of "Happy Birthday"

The moment I heared the song, I got chills running up and down my spine. Was the first time ever I felt that kind of ''emotion'' through a song.

I immediately downloaded all of their songs I could find.

Best birthday gift I gave to my self.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to FlawedCoil82 Send a message via Yahoo to FlawedCoil82

I am pretty sure that I saw The Birthday Massacre mentioned on a Lacuna Coil forum and then I checked them out and liked their sound.
Within Temptation, Flaw, Lacuna Coil, Tool, The Panic Division, Katatonia, Lunatica, The Birthday Massacre, A Perfect Circle, Silverchair ('94-'01), Autumn, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Metallica, Type O Negative, Evanescence, Pallbearer, Source, Evergrey
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
I remember visiting some random person's MySpace and hearing this incredibly beautiful music playing in the background. I just had to know who the artist was and hear more of their music. I could not tell much from looking at the music playlist so I sent him a message. He responded enthusiastically, telling me about The Birthday Massacre and how I could hear more of their music and find out more about them . The song I first heard is the instrumental that currently plays in the background at Nothing and Nowhere. This was in January 2007 and I have been a fan ever since.
On MySpace (), browsing their songs. It was when the band had songs from Violet at the time. I wanted to further listen to them and learn more about them. I was hooked ever since.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Black

My older brother introduced me to them in 2008. He heard the song 'Remember Me' on Pandora radio and thought it was pretty decent. He played it for me, in which I agreed, however it wasn't until hearing the song 'Looking Glass' where I knew I had found a new musical love. Cliche? Maybe, but that song along with the rest of the 'Walking With Strangers' album had me completely sold upon first listen. From that point forward I have since purchased their entire catalogue of music, as well as both DVDs, and haven't looked back. This band has the "it" factor in every sense and I am thrilled they just keep going.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:30 PM
In the Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndube View Post
the 'Walking With Strangers' album had me completely sold upon first listen. From that point forward I have since purchased their entire catalogue of music, as well as both DVDs, and haven't looked back. This band has the "it" factor in every sense and I am thrilled they just keep going.
Agreed! Well put.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Violet

I heard about the band one year ago from a friend. Maybe I heard of them before but did not checked their music... Still discovering at this moment. Hihope to see them perform live
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

Send a message via Yahoo to Crazykits Send a message via Skype™ to Crazykits

It was on my birthday on my first date with my boyfriend this passed January. He was playing Pins and Needles. Had a found memory of that night.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Unfamiliar

From a girl called Wolfjpf2 (She makes RuneScape videos....And closed her account for now.) And she had Two Hearts featured.... I fell in love ever since.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Black

Send a message via Skype™ to Imagine a Whisper
Default illusionary

I cannot to this day clearly remember where I first heard them, but I remember the first song I ever heard by them was horror show I was about 12 years old then. As soon as I heard the song I spent the next day searching the lyrics, once I found the them it was love at first listen
Old 09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Sleepwalking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine a Whisper View Post
I cannot to this day clearly remember where I first heard them, but I remember the first song I ever heard by them was horror show I was about 12 years old then. As soon as I heard the song I spent the next day searching the lyrics, once I found the them it was love at first listen
HELLO NEW PERSON.
Three Gods. One true Faith.
By the Three, my rights and duties.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Unfamiliar

Default how I first heard of The Birthday Massacre

Hello everybody I'm a new member. I wanted to share my story of how I came across the music of The Birthday Massacre. Would like to hear your stories as well. It was maybe 5 to 6 years ago in a small city in Canada friends of mine both guys and gals decided to have a few drinks at the local strip club. Classy I know but it was buddy's birthday. The feature of the evening, a very very beautiful woman took to the stage. Her performance started with some very good music. I was one of the lucky few to get an autographed poster. She came to talk to me after the show and I asked her what the names of the some of the music she danced to. She was kind enough to write them down for me which read: "Happy Birthday - The Birthday Massacre". Hooked after that.

Last edited by xk84; 10-23-2011 at 07:12 PM.