The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Unfamiliar

Default Not another "come here!!!" thread!?

Yeah, so I live in nova scotia (halifax to be specific). Many large bands have come through here (Billy Talent, Rolling Stones, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne etc etc etc) and a LARGE fanbase for each has shown up every time.

I think it would be totally awesome if The Birthday Massacre could come to Halifax. It wouldn't even have to be a large venue show. We have a local music club called the Pavilion ( The Pavilion ) that has seen some local talent, and LOADS of big names (Silverstein for example).

TBM has a dedicated fanbase here, and I know that any show they held here would be sold out in seconds. It's been said before that Halifax is the most supportive of visiting bands, and we already have a substantial number of fans who would be lining up to see one of their shows (me included of course)

If this message could somehow get to their booking agent or something, that would be totally awesome.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Video Kid

oh this thread is a nice idea...

good possibility to suggest venues i guess.

so my suggestion for your next time in europe: heidelberg. you've played there before (in 2006, with the love crave) so guess the venue is still adequat.

if you're actually interested in suggestion i'll give some more, i've been able to discover some nice places and venues in the past few years, all over germany (more or less)

No more girl next door, actions with no remorse. ~ Ayria

^ Part of the zero bullshit tolerance policy.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Red

Send a message via MSN to bunniccula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
Yeah, so I live in nova scotia (halifax to be specific). Many large bands have come through here (Billy Talent, Rolling Stones, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne etc etc etc) and a LARGE fanbase for each has shown up every time.

I think it would be totally awesome if The Birthday Massacre could come to Halifax. It wouldn't even have to be a large venue show. We have a local music club called the Pavilion ( The Pavilion ) that has seen some local talent, and LOADS of big names (Silverstein for example).

TBM has a dedicated fanbase here, and I know that any show they held here would be sold out in seconds. It's been said before that Halifax is the most supportive of visiting bands, and we already have a substantial number of fans who would be lining up to see one of their shows (me included of course)

If this message could somehow get to their booking agent or something, that would be totally awesome.
I very much agree with this! I live on PEI, just a few hours from Halifax, and if TBM came that close, the fans from PEI would all go as well! Also, other areas in the Maritimes would surely go! It would be sold out in no time!

I've also heard from one of TBM that the reason they haven't yet come this way is that they did not think the demand/fanbase was existing... so we just need to prove this some way...
There is thunder in our hearts, baby.
So much hate for the ones we love?
Tell me, we both matter, don't we?

If I only could, be running up that hill.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Violet

I personally would love them to play at a couple of venues.

The Buttermarket - Shrewsbury http://www.buttermarket.com/

Little Civic/Civic Hall/ Wulfrun Hall - Wolverhampton

Academy/Academy 2/ Bar Academy - Birmingham.

These would be perfect because they're just the right size for artists to play. And plus their near to me lol
Old 04-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Video Kid

Send a message via MSN to MissFalcore Send a message via Yahoo to MissFalcore Send a message via Skype™ to MissFalcore

well...i would be very happy to see TBM in Krefeld again...or even better in Cologne, Germany
Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Video Kid

hmm, wouldn't like to spend the night at cologne main station...they charge 1.20€for using the toilet. 1.20 for peeing! no idea what's wrong with them...

Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Black

It would be nice if more bands came to Dayton,more often. I'd definitely like to see The Birthday Massacre make it's way here. At least they are going to Columbus at a venue called Newport Hall..makes me want to tell them there is a similar sized venue in Cincinnati called Bogarts. I think they would be a good fit there too,and it's a little closer to Dayton than Columbus.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Video Kid

Send a message via MSN to MissFalcore Send a message via Yahoo to MissFalcore Send a message via Skype™ to MissFalcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell's Angi View Post
hmm, wouldn't like to spend the night at cologne main station...they charge 1.20€for using the toilet. 1.20 for peeing! no idea what's wrong with them...
yes...thats mad....but its very close for me....
Old 04-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Video Kid

that's an advantage for sure. i like close venues.
that's why i hope they'll come either to heidelberg again or maybe mannheim.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadstar37 View Post
I personally would love them to play at a couple of venues.

The Buttermarket - Shrewsbury http://www.buttermarket.com/

Little Civic/Civic Hall/ Wulfrun Hall - Wolverhampton

Academy/Academy 2/ Bar Academy - Birmingham.

These would be perfect because they're just the right size for artists to play. And plus their near to me lol
I second the Birmingham Academy/Academy 2, I went to a gig at the B'ham Academy a few years ago and it was a really nice venue not to big/small and enough room to get close enough to the stage without being squashed.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Violet

"venue in Cincinnati called Bogarts. I think they would be a good fit there too,and it's a little closer to Dayton than Columbus."

I used to live in Middletown (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) and Dayton to Cinci isn't really THAT far of a drive. It's probably like, an hour? depending on traffic and stuff. I've never been to Bogarts though, we lived there when I was like 8 hahaha. my cousin always talks about it though.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegacula View Post
"venue in Cincinnati called Bogarts. I think they would be a good fit there too,and it's a little closer to Dayton than Columbus."

I used to live in Middletown (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) and Dayton to Cinci isn't really THAT far of a drive. It's probably like, an hour? depending on traffic and stuff. I've never been to Bogarts though, we lived there when I was like 8 hahaha. my cousin always talks about it though.

Yep..that's why I'd be quite contented if TBM came to Cincy. Still..I'd like to see more bands hit my town,Dayton,instead of always having to drive somewhere else almost anytime I wanna see a band from out of town play. Not many bands come here...ever. But I'd drive to Cincy,very easily,time and money permitting to see tbm play...
Old 04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Black

Wait a minute! I just found out they ARE going to Cincinnati! YAY..I will most likely be there

Old 04-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Walking with Strangers

Send a message via MSN to Aanor

It could be really great that they come back to Paris at La Loco. All the french fans could come!!