The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Mother of Unicorns

Send a message via Skype™ to xrayqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny_Rabbit_King View Post
Last night's show at the Firestone Club was amazing! TBM really put on an awesome show. MSI was good too, but I was too busy trying to avoid being knocked down by all of the moshers and staying with my friends to really enjoy them as much as I did TBM. Combichrist was good too, but I missed half of their show because some stupid drunk a** trucker slammed into the back of our car on the way there and fled off. we ended up having to call the cops and pull over into a gas station to give the cops a description of the guy, and we ended up getting there a little late.

After the show I met Rainbow, who was really nice and signed my Walking with Strangers CD. I also met Chibi. She was also really nice and took a picture with me, She also signed my WWS CD and the Looking Glass CD I had just bought a few minutes before.

Here's the pictures my friend took of me with Chibi. (I look terrible in these pics though, lol.)

I didn't get any with Rainbow though as my friend with the camera wasn't around at the time. I also met Jimmy Urine and Steve, Righ? from Mindless Self Indulgence and got them to sign my if CD.

Very adorable you and her!=)

Old 05-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Violet

Aww I love your pic with Chibi, it came out great I'm sorry about your car though, that really blows, especially since the drunk a-hole left!!!

I'm glad they got plenty of Florida love from us. Maybe they'll be back by the end of the year. If they play any weekend shows up north I would definitely go to them.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Red

Well the St. Pete show was great! Though I got there late, and missed out on Combichrist (and being up front instead of all the way at the back). I should have taken the day off from work! I didn't get any pics as I didn't bring my camera... and I was too far away anyway. MSI were pretty crazy, they put on a great show. That was funny about the Santa guy. I figured he must have been someone's chaperone

Beli8, great pics! Thanks for sharing them. Bunny Rabbit King, that's cool that you got to meet Chibi! I don't think she came out to the merch table after playing in St. Pete. Rainbow was there though, and I think one of the other guys (sorry, I can't remember, especially since I was so tired by the time the concert was over). I talked with Rainbow and bought a purple bunny shirt (finally, yay). I hope I didn't scare him with my red eyes and fangs
Old 05-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Violet

Gah, that happened to me last August when I went to the show at the State Theater. I was there mainly for thestart and I got there in the middle of their opening song - I was pretty upset because I didn't get to watch from the very front.

I'm sad the Florida shows are over, even though I only got to go to one. It was just exciting to know they were in this craphole of a state for a few days lol.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Violet

I was at the St. Pete show. I was the one with the bunny ears and bloody white dress.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Violet

Send a message via Yahoo to xXxRaInBoWxXx

woot!!!!
i loved the show in St.pete.
i wanted to take pics with the band members but i kinda didnt want to seem like every other fan who all they want is pics with them and attention.... so instead i had a convo with rainbow after the show and got my skirt signed.
i'll upload pics and send the link to them thursday when i get the chance.... i have quite a few

my friend and i were almost right in the front.
i was the one who had the orange striped shirt, green mini skirt and purple falls

beli8 i LOVE the pics u took of rainbow.......... RAINBOW!!!!!!.....* faints*

Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Violet

Send a message via MSN to Starcrossed

I saw them in Orlando on Friday. I was originally going to see MSI with a group of my friends, but after TBM came on, I was totally and utterly stunned. They were just absolutely incredible!

I had found them on iTunes a long time ago and wanted to buy their albums, but I was totally broke and ended up not doing so. Then, about a year later, I found out they were opening for MSI. So I was pretty excited to get to see them.

And now I'm hooked. <3

I ended up buying a shirt and Walking With Strangers, which I've pretty much had on repeat; I didn't even get any MSI merch. I found O.E. and Rainbow after the show; they were ultra nice and just so genuine. I got a picture with O.E. on my phone, but I didn't think to get one with Rainbow as well (I was pretty much dead after MSI when I talked to them... the pit was outrageous! x.x). While they were setting up their gear, though, I did snap two rather low quality pictures of Owen. I tried getting shots while they were performing, but my phone was being really annoying.

I was actually planning on seeing the show in St. Pete since I live closer to there, but I ended up going to Radiohead on Tuesday night. Since the St. Pete show was the next day (I think), I ended up going to see the Orlando show. Plus the Orlando show was on Friday, so I didn't have to worry about waking up for school the next day! xD
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to holymolyravioli

What a great story! ^ I'm glad you found TBM.

Great pictures and reviews, everyone. I'm so excited to see them in two weeks. :D

myspace
last.fm
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Violet

Send a message via MSN to Starcrossed

Thank you! :D

Yeah, I feel really lucky to have not only seen them perform, but to have met two of them. And it's rather funny how things like that work out... I wanted to find out more about them, didn't have a chance to, saw them perform, and now I'm frighteningly obsessed with their music for having actually listened to it for such a short time.

But I'm very happy about it.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to ruby porcelina

Kind of late on the action, but oh well.

I was at the St. Pete show (if you saw a dork wearing a shirt with famous Communists partying, that was me). I wish their set could have been longer, but it was still amazing. I wish I could have stayed for more MSI, but I had work at 8 am the next morning.

I was supposed to be at the Orlando show as well, but leave it to me to catch strep throat. I'm making up for it, though, by going to the show in Grand Rapids, MI on June 20th while on vacation.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Black

Aww the pictures are all so great! Thank you for posting and sharing about the shows!! :D

Old 05-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Violet

Yeah, thanks everyone for sharing their experiences!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Unfamiliar

Send a message via AIM to Sands_0f_time

fun shows. I was at all of the FL shows. different venues from the last tour. I liked st pete being outside and all. Some of those shows got really hot, especially when your wearing a suit jacket. I'll be going to the chicago shows as well. Any other floridians flying to chicago for that show?