The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGem View Post
...which is why I still haven't opened up Imaginary Monsters. I'm just not ready for something new yet. Saving it for later. Still full. That's how good it is.
You still haven't opened it? Are you saying you haven't listened to the greatness that is Forever, Burn Away, Left Behind, and the remixes? Well JEEZ LOUISE! Get on that! Forever is one of TBM's best songs they have ever written, and I stand by that statement firmly.

But, if that's your choice I completed respect it. I'm to the point where I have regained my patience for waiting for the official release date for an album, which is basically unheard of nowadays. I would say pop it in, because the three original songs are phenomenal!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:13 PM
In the Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndube View Post
You still haven't opened it? Are you saying you haven't listened to the greatness that is Forever, Burn Away, Left Behind, and the remixes?
Nope And I have another one too, which will (theoretically) remain sealed forever.

Quote:
Well JEEZ LOUISE! Get on that!
I can't, man. Not yet. It's a spiritual thing

Quote:
Forever is one of TBM's best songs they have ever written, and I stand by that statement firmly. I would say pop it in, because the three original songs are phenomenal!!!
I don't doubt it!

EDIT:
Sorry, I guess I meant to say "Yup", not "Nope". Got a little crossed up. I'm sure some people knew what I meant, but I think I technically answered the questions wrong.

To clarify, I HAVEN'T opened it and I still HAVEN'T listened to the songs yet...other than snippets here and there while in the process of downloading tons of live footage off of YouTube

Last edited by DoomGem; 06-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Violet

Im not sure if I'm excited or ready for a letdown. Really I think they got better on each of the first 3 albums and then Pins and Needles just upped things to an entirely new level. Then they drop Burn away and Forever which are even more amazing.

How much better can they really get already being so awesome? I'm afraid that at some point I'll be disappointed if that makes any sense
Old 06-23-2012, 10:58 PM
In the Mood

^ It does. No worries
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Black

I can understand that point of view for some artists, but not for TBM. They have been consistent since day one and have only improved over time. I trust Rainbow's vision, as I believe he is the driving force behind the band, and I also trust the rest of the band, as they wouldn't want to be a part of something they don't stand behind 100%. Some artists feel the need to change their sound, style, and identity with each album, but TBM have only been growing and expanding upon who they are and who they have been since day one. My only anticipation for the new album is excitement. I don't think it's fair to already draw comparisons to their back catalogue either. As far as I'm concerned they can keep doing what they're best at; being themselves, because everything else is trivial.

EDIT: Did Chibi remove the post about the new album being finished on her Facebook account? I just checked it and it wasn't there. Side note: if I'm being a paranoid weirdo please let me know. I have a tendency to allow my mind to drift in that direction at times...

Last edited by ndube; 06-25-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
In the Mood

Quote:
Side note: if I'm being a paranoid weirdo please let me know. I have a tendency to allow my mind to drift in that direction at times...
You're not. The thought of it didn't even cross my mind until you brought it up

I love reading everything you write. EVERYTHING.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Sugar And Filth

Quote:
I can understand that point of view for some artists, but not for TBM. They have been consistent since day one and have only improved over time. I trust Rainbow's vision, as I believe he is the driving force behind the band, and I also trust the rest of the band, as they wouldn't want to be a part of something they don't stand behind 100%. Some artists feel the need to change their sound, style, and identity with each album, but TBM have only been growing and expanding upon who they are and who they have been since day one. My only anticipation for the new album is excitement. I don't think it's fair to already draw comparisons to their back catalogue either. As far as I'm concerned they can keep doing what they're best at; being themselves, because everything else is trivial.

ok, basically you just summed up everything I feel about this coming album FAR more eloquently than I ever could!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Blue

Amen. They are true to themselves and therefore they constantly improve, thats why they are my favorite Band :-)

Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Violet

Ever since I started listening to TBM (about 7 years ago) there has not been a single band/song that has even come close to how good these are. They are on another level of sound. My standards have become really high since I have been introduced to TBM, I hate everything on the radio, everything on TV...its come to the stage now where I can only enjoy TBM songs. Now when I heard the new album is due for release a rush of excitement went though my body. Nothing hardly ever excites me as much as TBM songs...especially new ones too.

Long story short - TBM rock!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Black

Thanks for the kind words, peeps. I'm happy to be here as a member of this intimate, tightly knit e-family (yup, it's as cheesy as it sounds) of TBM fans.

As far as I'm concerned all of you rock.

EDIT: I needed to quote this from Elvenmunky's post:

Quote:
They are on another level of sound.
So true. It's all about the layering, the tones, the choice of notes and chord arrangements, the harmonies, the blending of aggressive and soft dynamics and textures, and of course, Chibi's ethereal vocals.

I'll say it; they're a perfect band.

Last edited by ndube; 06-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:01 AM
La'Shante 'Bow VII

According to Kevvy's latest TBM related post on Twitter: "Just finished the last @TBMassacre mix! Waka fuckin waka.", means the album is done.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Demi-Human

VP RELEASE PARTY, BITCHES!! >D

Live and die, live and die ľ as if in a dream
I just want to sleep
Old 06-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Sugar And Filth

^^^^^ High five to THAT!!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Midnight

Way too exciting!

deviantARTlast.fm