The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Prologue

Prologue Welcome! If you are new to the band or this board, post your introductions here!

Old 03-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Unfamiliar

Cool Lifemachine says Hi!

Hey there fellow TBM lovers!

I'm a TBM fan from Haarlem, the Netherlands (a deer's jump away from Amsterdam). I got introduced to the sound of TBM through a Silent Hill forum in 2004. Someone mentioned TBM there and reckoned that Silent Hill fans might enjoy their music - and I did! I also fell in love with the layout of the website and the gorgeous purples and silhouettes. If you're unfamiliar with the Silent Hill horror game franchise, I highly recommend parts 2 and 3 - old school gameplay and relatively 'old-fashioned' graphics, but wonderful, haunting atmospheres and some really scary moments...

I've never seen TBM live but I'd really love to, so here's to hoping they'll perform in the Netherlands again!

Favorite songs would be Calling, Divide, The Dream, Rain, Shiver, Promise Me and Pins and Needles.

As for me: I'm a video artist and illustrator and lover of animals, nature and urban decay. The music of TBM has been an important source of inspiration for my webcomic Weaker Sides and features in several of it's chapters. I'll post a link and some pics later on in the Art section. If you want to check out my general portfolio, feel free to visit http://www.periferal.nl

Happy to make your acquintance, and share my love for TBM with other fans across the globe!
Peace,

Falco / lifemachine
Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Oh My Cod!

Welcome here, Falco!!! I'm a fan of Silent Hill but I have yet to play one of the games. Did enjoy the movies.

I checked out your work and I find it so unique, I really admire it. Gave you a like on facebook

Hope to see you around!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Oh My Cod!

Send a message via Skype™ to Clear Vision

Hiii Lifemachine, welcome to the forums. Great to read about the silent hill forums and how they got you into TBM. Your artwork is amazing. really beautiful. Nice to have you around, it's rare to see someone from our country to be fan of them.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Red

Cool, another new guy.

Welcome Falco!
Old 03-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Unfamiliar

Hey there!

Thanks for the warm welcome and the compliments! Glad to see you like my work. :-)

And do start to play Silent Hill! Part 2 and 3 are said to be the creepiest and most surreal. Another huge game rec would be The Evil Within. Are you guys fanatic gamers?
Old 03-31-2015, 04:14 PM
Nyyaaaaa~~!

Send a message via Yahoo to Crazykits Send a message via Skype™ to Crazykits

CrazyKits says Hi!
------------------------
Welcome Lifemachine! hope you enjoy your stay, I had a whole lot of fun playing Silent hill with my friends back in the day. Glad it made you seek out TBM. Will check out your web comic :D

Your Art Is awesome!!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Red

Hiya Lifemachine. I'm new to the forum too. Calling is deffo one of TBM's best songs ever!! Love it!!