The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Prologue

Prologue Welcome! If you are new to the band or this board, post your introductions here!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to D.A. WILHJELMZ

lol, I'm glad you're here, too.
Takes half the battle out of introductions.

I finally decided to start promoting them as fully as I do with MSI, thanks to Chibi.
I figured the best place would be to start here.

It's a shame they don't have as large a fanbase in North America as they do in Europe.
I wanna change that, forreal.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Black

Send a message via AIM to the disenfranchised

I'd like to change that too. I don't know if I'll ever be able to promote a band the way I do with the BRAT Marketing bands, but I can certainly try.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Mother of Unicorns

Send a message via Skype™ to xrayqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the disenfranchised View Post
I run a Mindless Self Indulgence forum, man, a huge one at that, and think TBM surpassed MSI.

HI DAVID! OUR GOOD FRIEND MEEP IS HERE TOO.
haha that's amazing

Old 06-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Mother of Unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A. WILHJELMZ View Post
lol, I'm glad you're here, too.
Takes half the battle out of introductions.

I finally decided to start promoting them as fully as I do with MSI, thanks to Chibi.
I figured the best place would be to start here.

It's a shame they don't have as large a fanbase in North America as they do in Europe.
I wanna change that, forreal.
I actually think as a German that they have a bigger audience of listeners in North America...Or prolly more 'obsessed' ones...They tour Germany A LOT,fact,but I think that also because we have a really huge Gothic scene here and the magazines like Zillo promote TBM a lot. But yet,I think that MSI brought new people to TBM music so...yeah

Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Violet

Our culture is too watered down for it, I believe.
There are plenty of kids I know that would love them, but their heads are stuck too far up AFI and HIM's ass.

I don't think many people know how to handle them, really.
They don't sing about the typical angst that teenagers love.

Birthday Massacre has everything that kids these days are expected to love, high energy, very visual shows. They're musically and lyrically gripping, and for all of the shallow fans, cute band members.

I think the only thing is to listen to TBM to their fullest extent, as with MSI, you have to be intelligent and willing to think.
Most kids don't want to do that, or don't know how.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayqueen View Post
haha that's amazing
You should join. Some of us are kind of smartassy, but otherwise we're a fun group that actually value discussion about the band and really try to be a positive board.

www.mindless-self-indulgence.com/forums

I think a major part with TBM in the US is that we don't really have a gothic scene anymore. Sure, we have a Hot Topic crowd, but beyond that and some kids that are convinced that dressing in a black outfit they probably bought all together for $80 makes them unique, we've got nothing that could be really perceived as goth. I've never been into that shit, but it's unfortunate in this case because I honestly wish they had a larger fanbase here. Plus, it would be phenomenal to not have to drive out nine hours to see this band.

Otherwise, I think David's correct. They require a smart crowd. Kids don't like to be smart, and so nobody really gets it.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Mother of Unicorns

yeah there is a crapload of little naive teenagers that dont think,they just go with the stream.it's really dangerous but well...who can help?
here in germany it isnt really different,we have a lot of emos and hip hopers (which are probably the same just listening to another genre) i dont want to say that ALL of the guys that listen to such music are silly but well...unfortunately most are...
it's sad to see kiddies in tv that drink alcohol because it is kinda cool...and yesterday i've seen in tv a bunch of dudes going to a concert of a hip hop band that insult women EXTREMLY and all the guys did say was '' well it's cool'' and also the girls agreed and just said ''well i know i'm not like that but i like the music''.i was really like ''Wtf'' it was ridiculous...
you're absolutely right by saying that peopl dont like to think...and other people dont want others to think.it would destroy a nation consisting out of A LOT OF MORONS
i think i am going to join you hehe

Old 06-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Black

It takes a nation of crackers to smell my crack. That is all.

But no really, I agree. I don't think I'm ever really a part of a scene, but it amazes me that so many of the groups I'm in, as far as band goes, are so expansive and accepting. Who would've thought I'd find so much comfort in the cabaret crowd of the Dresden Dolls, or even the gothic crowd that exists here. It's just cool to see this kind of thing and enjoy it. I really like this community, just like I enjoy Mindless', the Dolls' and others.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Violet

Quote:

I think a major part with TBM in the US is that we don't really have a gothic scene anymore. Sure, we have a Hot Topic crowd, but beyond that and some kids that are convinced that dressing in a black outfit they probably bought all together for $80 makes them unique, we've got nothing that could be really perceived as goth. I've never been into that shit, but it's unfortunate in this case because I honestly wish they had a larger fanbase here. Plus, it would be phenomenal to not have to drive out nine hours to see this band.

Otherwise, I think David's correct. They require a smart crowd. Kids don't like to be smart, and so nobody really gets it.
lol
In so many words, that's what I was trying to say.
Just didn't want to be crass.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Mother of Unicorns

Quote:
It takes a nation of crackers to smell my crack. That is all.

But no really, I agree. I don't think I'm ever really a part of a scene, but it amazes me that so many of the groups I'm in, as far as band goes, are so expansive and accepting. Who would've thought I'd find so much comfort in the cabaret crowd of the Dresden Dolls, or even the gothic crowd that exists here. It's just cool to see this kind of thing and enjoy it. I really like this community, just like I enjoy Mindless', the Dolls' and others.
100% agreed.Just should add that there are goths as well that think you're a poser just because you'ren ot wearing clothes bought from shops like xtrax. but yet,there are lots of goths that accept you like you are and i think it's more often in that scene than in another.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Video Kid

Send a message via AIM to Shirax Send a message via MSN to Shirax Send a message via Yahoo to Shirax Send a message via Skype™ to Shirax

Welcome!!