The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Prologue

Prologue Welcome! If you are new to the band or this board, post your introductions here!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
I wanted to say thanks for accepting me into this forum. My intention is to learn more about TBM and watch for new live performances. Let me say that after seeing them on Dec 6th at the Mod Club (they were exhausted from the tour) I am looking forward to another opportunity. TBM is an incredible group and I want to hear more of their amazing work. Having been introduced to them by my 19 year old daughter and coming to realize the talent they have I haven't been able to stop listening to them. The live appearance topped it off and I am hungry for more.
From one new member to another, welcome aboard! You're the first person that I've ran into on this board that I know that was also at that epic Toronto show. I joined the forum immediately after seeing them live as well.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
From one new member to another, welcome aboard! You're the first person that I've ran into on this board that I know that was also at that epic Toronto show. I joined the forum immediately after seeing them live as well.
I just read your prologue statement and can understand what you are saying about this band. Amazing to say the least. You are not very old, as others have mentioned and I have to say that I remember when the Beatles came out. I was 11 years old in 1963 and was slow to catch on to their music but when I did it was something that changed my life. Over the years I have enjoyed all kinds of different music and bands including but not limited to Harry Chapin (in concert), the Animals (coming to Rama soon), Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc etc. I can't remember being so enthused about a band as I am with TBM. My wife and daughter say "crazy" for TBM. If I could change my name to CrazyGlen1 I would. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing them again...Live. I was not able to see The Beatles when they came to Toronto but I sure got to see The Birthday Massacre.

By the way if you are the 6'3" guy who stepped on my toe during the concert...I understand as I was dancing to the music too.

Last edited by Glen1; 12-18-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Red Stars

Well, I can still clearly remember my 1st concert on April 20, 1973 (Alice Cooper, Flo and Eddie, Quicksilver Messenger Service)

I also "can't remember being so enthused about a band as I am with TBM".

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Ender; 12-19-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM
King of the Fjords

Send a message via Skype™ to eltoroguaco

^ ENVY YOUUUUU!!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Black

Thanks, Ender! You just made me feel young. In '73, I was only 8 years old! Lol. My first concert was Cheap Trick, probably 1979.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Red

Send a message via Skype™ to stardustfanfare

Welcome!! I'm jealous that you live where they are based, it makes it easier to catch a show because you know they'll play in Toronto every time. I must get up there for a TBM show sometime, when money allows of course. I live in the States but I'm close enough that I could drive, it would be killer to see them play at home!

♥ When we were strangers...I was walking in my sleep ♥
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Sugar And Filth

Hey there Glen!!! I feel bad, I've not been active on the board in a while and thete are so many lovely newcomers to say hi to!! Hope you have a great time here and happy holidays!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 PM
It Came From Detroit

Welcome to the prison. Please enter the room to your left for your delousing shower.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Demi-Human

Live and die, live and die ľ as if in a dream
I just want to sleep