The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Unfamiliar

I love theSTART, and so when they toured with TBM I thought I'd better check them out...the first track I heard was Happy Birthday, on the back of hearing that I bought the whole album off itunes (couldn't wait for it to be delievered!) then I ordered Walking with Strangers, and I must have listened to a TBM track at least every day since I heard of them.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Black

I first heard of them back in 2005. I was on someone's Myspace and they had "Blue" on their profile. I really loved that song... soon I had that song on my profile for awhile and then I decided that I really wanted to hear some more stuff from the band. So, I looked them up and I absolutely loved their music! "Video Kid" was the second song I heard from them. =]

Last edited by HorrorShowUnderTheStairs; 03-04-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Violet

Wow, some of those stories are really interesting. Some of you have discovered TBM in really strange places heh. Mine is so boring, a friend of mine who lives in toronto sent me their stuff in '05 and it was love at first sound

Normally I don't bother much, she tends to send me and recommend a LOT of bands, but with a name like "the birthday massacre", you tend to be intruiged. hehehe...
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Violet

I found out about the band last summer when I was looking at different Imixes on Itunes. I downloaded Holiday and I have been hooked since then. I don't know if I would have heard of TBM otherwise. The Hot Topic near me does not carry any of their merch. Or at least has not in recent months.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Unfamiliar

Smile

Listening to "pandora.com" radio for 4 hours, suddenly I heard something I've never heard before...

TBM are like nothing I've heard before. I listened to more tracks and liked everyone, so I bought both albums, and like every track off both of them, which is pretty rare for me. I haven't liked a band so much since 1995 ! which is a long time ago!

I wish we had bands like this in the UK, instead of the constant onslaught of manufactured c*** bands, that both suck and blow at the same time.

I need to move to Canada. :-)
Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to Deviancy

I think it was 2002 or 2003, I was browsing through some songs i snaked off of a friend.. and 'To Die For' was one of them. I then hit this store called 'Storming the Base' and they had the Nothing and Nowhere album.. so I ordered a few ...

Further proof that mp3 technology was a gift from the god(s)...
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Unfamiliar

i first heard TBM on an industrial compilation called "Fxxk the Mainstream", which i think came out last year. the song was Violet and i instantly loved it
Old 03-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to DogsAreWar

I actually found TBM about 3 years ago (maybe more, maybe less) through a banner ad promoting "Nothing and Nowhere". The only reason I even checked it out was because I liked the artwork. I went to the website, listened to the music, and fell in love with it.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Violet

Around 2002 or 2003 I was asking for band recomendations and someone suggested The Birthday Massacre. I was intrigued by the name (partially because it sounded like The Birthday Party, who I love) and so I decided to check them out.
I downloaded their Imagica demos and instantly fell in love. I believe the first song I heard was Happy Birthday, then The Neverending Story, which remain two of my favorite songs.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Violet

i first heard them in 2004 on the neo goth cd then i saw their my space and loved them ever since
Cause the truth is such a bore
With the threat of dawn approaching
And our interest quickly fading
We will stumble home together
As we did the night before

Layout site with tbm layouts made by me
http://sexybandits.proboards78.com/index.cgi

my space
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=3135666
Old 03-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Red

I think I first heard them over a year ago, a friend of a friend told me about the band. She invited me to the BM concert somewhere in Tampa, but since I hadn't heard them yet I declined (argh!). I looked them up and immediately loved what I heard. And proceeded to kick myself for not going with that girl to the concert. But it's alright, I got to see TBM last year, and again this year...!
Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to Chad Peter

Wow. Scratching Post. Almost forgot about them.

Sometime in 2002. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I do remember my friend Jon telling me about both Scratching Post and TBM. Downloaded their stuff back when it was on mp3.com for free. Instantly loved it.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to holymolyravioli

Winter 2004. I had heard of the band because my friend liked them, and I just thought, "Man, what a killer name (no pun intended)." So, I went on nothingandnowhere.com and fell in love instantly, because, let's face it, that website is the shit.

Joined the messageboard after that, became a fan. :3

myspace
last.fm
Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Video Kid

Send a message via AIM to Hip Like Badass Send a message via MSN to Hip Like Badass

I'd been meaning to listen to them for a while, because I really liked their remix of Straight to Video, but didn't get around to it until a few months ago when I typed in their name to Pandora. Now they're one of my favorie bands. ^^
Old 03-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Violet

It was a long while ago that I first heard of TBM. I discovered them through the band Celldweller. I read they played a show together, so I decided to check out TBM and I fell in love!