The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Walking with Strangers

Exclamation Walking With Strangers 10th Anniversary Edition

So in the latest Pledge update (10th December 2016) Terry mentioned that in September of 2017 an 'anniversary' edition of Walking With Strangers will be made available and there will be a 'flash' campaign to fund it. It will include 'some incredible merch and mixes etc.'

What do you want to be included on the anniversary edition? Do you think other anniversary editions will be made even though some albums have passed their 10th anniversary mark? What merch do you want to see?

Me personally, I'm hoping they offer a two disc edition with instrumentals on the second disc. I get the feeling we'll also see some demos from that era as well. Maybe some remixes created by other bands?

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 12-10-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to FlawedCoil82 Send a message via Yahoo to FlawedCoil82

If it gets released as a CD then my main hope is that "Shiver" would somehow be included as a bonus track. Right now LOOKING GLASS EP is the only CD I don't have because I don't want it just for one song. However, it is a great tune and I think it deserves to be included with the other WWS songs. If there are other unreleased songs from those sessions then I hope they will be included as well.
Within Temptation, Flaw, Lacuna Coil, Tool, The Panic Division, Katatonia, Lunatica, The Birthday Massacre, A Perfect Circle, Silverchair ('94-'01), Autumn, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Metallica, Type O Negative, Evanescence, Pallbearer, Source, Evergrey
Old 05-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Red Stars

id love to hear bonus tracks. otherwise it would just seem like a re-issue.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Violet

I hope it's not just a remastered version, or a second CD with a bunch of remixes. I've never liked any of the remixes, and there often isn't a whole lot of difference when a band remasters an album (not including the recent Imagica remaster, which was VERY well done). Unreleased tracks (if there even are any) and maybe some covers would be absolutely perfect. Instrumentals & demos would be pretty good too.

Maybe sneak Velvet onto it.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to FlawedCoil82 Send a message via Yahoo to FlawedCoil82

Interesting, I had never heard of "Velvet" before. Maybe TBM should release a CD one day of demo songs that they know will never be finished or included on official albums.
Within Temptation, Flaw, Lacuna Coil, Tool, The Panic Division, Katatonia, Lunatica, The Birthday Massacre, A Perfect Circle, Silverchair ('94-'01), Autumn, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Metallica, Type O Negative, Evanescence, Pallbearer, Source, Evergrey
Old 05-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelebourne View Post
Maybe sneak Velvet onto it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Interesting, I had never heard of "Velvet" before. Maybe TBM should release a CD one day of demo songs that they know will never be finished or included on official albums.
Velvet (along with Make Believe) was never recorded, only played live a couple times during their early shows. Lyrics exist for both songs and the two demos that are supposedly for Velvet and Make Believe are actually demos of two different songs.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
Lyrics exist for both songs and the two demos that are supposedly for Velvet and Make Believe are actually demos of two different songs.
I think it was said that the clip of "Velvet" was really a demo of "Blue," and "Make Believe" was "The Dream" or "Play Dead." I forget now.

I do have these images, though I cannot recall from whence they came.

Back on topic... I will admit that WWS is my least favorite TBM album. It has some great songs, but overall I like about half of it. Having said that, I would love to hear some bonuses from this time period. They did release a few demo versions on the Pledgemusic campaign for Superstition. I could see them putting those out along with a few more on a bonus CD.

About Looking Glass, it also has "Nowhere" and "I Think We're Alone Now" I do like the remix of "Weekend."
Old 06-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Sleepwalking

Walking with Strangers was released right around when I first got in to TBM so it will always hold a special place in my heart! I do hope they release some 10 yr anniversary items, although i'm not sure what i'd like to see. something beyond a re-master for sure. whatever it may be, i look forward to it!
Old 06-13-2017, 01:04 AM
Zombie Kitty

^ same here!

The witch is inside of me
Her poison will wash away the memory
Old 06-13-2017, 09:38 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAutum View Post
Walking with Strangers was released right around when I first got in to TBM so it will always hold a special place in my heart! I do hope they release some 10 yr anniversary items, although i'm not sure what i'd like to see. something beyond a re-master for sure. whatever it may be, i look forward to it!
A Looking Glass Pop! Vinyl?

What was the first song you heard by TBM? Mine was Goodnight. :'D

Old 06-13-2017, 10:54 AM
Sleepwalking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
A Looking Glass Pop! Vinyl?

What was the first song you heard by TBM? Mine was Goodnight. :'D
ahhhh pop! vinyl! I only have a few but maaannn i would buy those so fast! my first TBM song was blue, but i LOVED Looking Glass, can't tell you how many times i watched that video! I hope if they do some anniversary items they do some physical objects, like you mentioned some pop vinyls or maybe some items having to do with the music video imagery? I must admit i occasionally search ebay to see if anyone will ever sell one of the masks from the Looking Glass video
Old 06-14-2017, 12:02 AM
Oh My Cod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysAutum View Post
ahhhh pop! vinyl! I only have a few but maaannn i would buy those so fast! my first TBM song was blue, but i LOVED Looking Glass, can't tell you how many times i watched that video! I hope if they do some anniversary items they do some physical objects, like you mentioned some pop vinyls or maybe some items having to do with the music video imagery? I must admit i occasionally search ebay to see if anyone will ever sell one of the masks from the Looking Glass video
I want one of those doll masks SO BAD! In this TBM group on Facebook, someone suggested how they could mass produce replicas of that mask that would be so amazing, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Can't wait to see what they will be releasing :D
Old 06-14-2017, 05:17 AM
Zombie Kitty

^ I'd buy it too!

Old 07-07-2017, 02:02 AM
Zombie Kitty

Can not wait for September!!!!! We're getting very close! And my long-lusted-after scrapbook is going to be shipped out this month! Yays! =^.^=

Old 07-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Oh My Cod!

Can't wait omg scrapbook too this year has been amazing! Especially because of TBM :3

Tags
anniversary, magical, pledge, walking with strangers, wws