The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Violet

Thanks for posting those great pics Smudgefish....I thought the Manning Bar show kicked ass, how fantastic to see tbm live after so many years of waiting
Old 11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Unfamiliar

What an awesome show we had at Perth!

Had no idea how many people would turn up and we got an alright number (say 50 people) and towards the end the crowd was really going off!

Got the setlist off the stage:

Intro
Red Stars
Goodnight
Falling Down
Unfamiliar
Play Dead
Holiday
Weekend
Shiver
To Die For
Remember Me
Video Kid
Violet
Looking Glass
Horror Show
Kill The Lights
I Think We're Alone Now
Walking With Strangers
---------------------------
Blue
Happy Birthday
Old 11-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Violet

Ahhhhh.... you are so lucky!! They played 'To Die For'!!! I've yet to see them play it live but it must have been so great!
www.femmetal.net
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Unfamiliar

Wow, amazing setlist. I hope they keep it when I see them next week!

This is who I am
Escapist, paradise seeker
Farewell, now time to fly
Out of sight, out of time, away from all lies.

MonsterGame-click!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Violet

That looks to be the same set we had in Brisbane.

Are there any other posters here from Brisbane?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Video Kid

Send a message via MSN to MissFalcore Send a message via Yahoo to MissFalcore Send a message via Skype™ to MissFalcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ahhhhh.... you are so lucky!! They played 'To Die For'!!! I've yet to see them play it live but it must have been so great!
^AGREED!! this setlist was soo cool...they played all my favorites!! you australian guys were sooo lucky!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Unfamiliar

The perth show was actually the best gig I've ever been to! I've never seen so much energy on stage it was incredible! I was standing right against the stage in front of O-en, and Rainbow. I could have actually played O-en's keyboard from where I was haha.
I was one of those people who was told it started at 7pm not 9pm too so after wandering around I went back outside and some guys walked past and said hey, and I said hey back before realising that oh my god it was them! So I then walked right outside where Chibi and rainbow were standing having a chat. So cool.
The best bit was at the signing thing at Red Stripe clothing yesterday. I thought it started at 3, but it actually finished at 3. I was walking up there and there were people outside and I thought it was the queue to see them so I lined up behind some people while lost in my own little world thinking about what I'd say to them, when all of a sudden, one of the people I'd lined up behind turned around and put out his hand and said "Hey how's it going man? thanks for coming down" and yes, i had actually "lined-up" behind TBM haha. So of all the places for a photo with them, I ended up getting one at the train station lol. They are some of the coolest, down=to-earth, friendly and fun people you could hope to meet too. Best day ever!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Unfamiliar

Thats such an awesome story! Hell lucky as well hey.

It was an incredible gig. I was really unsure about the turn out in Perth because i didnt know how popular they were. So i too arrived at like 7:30ish and i heard "Looking Glass" being played. So i totally shat my pants and quickly went inside, walked straight through and there was only me, and two other guys there that looked like they worked for the place - no security or anything. So i was like daym how embarrassing for TBM only playing for 3 people - i felt sorry for them. So after avery song i cheered and stuff. Then this random came down (whom i presume was the band manager) and was like - you know its soundcheck right. And i was like "Errr ok."

Ha ha.

I was really close to the front of the stage as well. But more in the center maybe two or three people back.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Video Kid

Send a message via AIM to Hip Like Badass Send a message via MSN to Hip Like Badass
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
Thats such an awesome story! Hell lucky as well hey.

It was an incredible gig. I was really unsure about the turn out in Perth because i didnt know how popular they were. So i too arrived at like 7:30ish and i heard "Looking Glass" being played. So i totally shat my pants and quickly went inside, walked straight through and there was only me, and two other guys there that looked like they worked for the place - no security or anything. So i was like daym how embarrassing for TBM only playing for 3 people - i felt sorry for them. So after avery song i cheered and stuff. Then this random came down (whom i presume was the band manager) and was like - you know its soundcheck right. And i was like "Errr ok."
Ha ha.

I was really close to the front of the stage as well. But more in the center maybe two or three people back.
XD Aww!
That'd be kind of cool to see the soundcheck.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Red Stars

[QUOTE=Azazel;36512]So i too arrived at like 7:30ish and i heard "Looking Glass" being played. So i totally shat my pants and quickly went inside, walked straight through and there was only me, and two other guys there that looked like they worked for the place - no security or anything.

That's interesting, because I know people in their 30's who were denied entry due to a lack of ID - I myself modelled at that same club once at a fashion show 5 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS 19 and still was denied entry due to a lack of photo ID, which I lost when I got mugged the other day I understand the bouncers have a job to do (I myself have similar procedures at my work) but part of it involves discretion, especially when I've been to that place at least a couple dozen times, and am there with my younger brother who had ID and I had about 5 forms of non-photo ID. They cut me off when I tried to explain it, and I woulda been happy to beg/bribe or wait for the rest of the crowd to go in so I could plead my case, but the head bouncer who I believe runs the club was a real prick about it (the other bouncer was at least very polite) - it's not the denial so much as the manner in which it was done.

Sorry about the rant but said individual has PO'ed a LOT of paying customers and did not exercise proper discretion in not allowing people obviously well into their 30's in. I lost $55 and missed my fave band through no fault of theirs or mine. I think the band deserves to know this as a lot of ppl got ripped off big time. I guess he loses out in the long run - I'm moving to Canada next year and I'll get to see TBM gigs pretty regularly while many will boycott his club.

At least you guys had a great time, that sounds like an awesome setlist.

Last edited by V-B-N; 11-27-2008 at 03:25 PM.