The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Whatever happens to be on your mind...

Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Sugar And Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyKitty View Post
I hate it when people act insecure about themselves when they clearly are gorgeous or skinny. I mean really?

DO NOT call yourself fat around me when you're a size 6 or whatever one digit size you are.

I'm not asking you to be an egotistical fuck but don't downgrade yourself in front of me, when I've dealt with weight issues, and insecurity [for good damned reason too] ALL OF MY LIFE; when I'VE BEEN THE ODD ONE OUT.

GTFO!

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!! OMFG THIS!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Total Clarity

Not the most serious thing in the world, but Christian music pisses me off. Not saying that a lot of Christian bands aren't talented, I love several christian rock/metal albums, but I wish they started writing lyrics that aren't just about how awesome Jesus is. I'd get just as annoyed if there was a band that just sang about how there isn't a God.

I wouldn't mind if they write a few songs about their beliefs, but c'mon. Several albums that are all about Christianity? Fuck that. It gets old and repetitive, plus it's way harder to get into a band when I don't agree with any of the lyrics.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Ghost blood

It took my friend a minor in possession (of alcohol), a DUI (which she spent the night in jail for), and a felony possession of cocaine with intent to deal to come to her senses and realize the crowd she is hanging out with are bad people. But all the same, she has her own brain and I wish she wasn't such a follower. She was such a good girl and a great friend before she got into all the stupid shit she is doing now. I miss my friend.
I've got the strangest feeling/this isn't our first time around
Old 04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Total Clarity

I always say that my parents aren't strict enough, but this just takes the damn cake. My brother stole at least $50 from my parents, and you know what they're doing? FUCKING NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Are you shitting me? Why? Because they can't prove that he took it. I didn't take it, my parents didn't steal their own money, so that leaves 1 person. I feel like my parents are idiots.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Sleepwalking

Send a message via MSN to jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysnomia View Post
I always say that my parents aren't strict enough, but this just takes the damn cake. My brother stole at least $50 from my parents, and you know what they're doing? FUCKING NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Are you shitting me? Why? Because they can't prove that he took it. I didn't take it, my parents didn't steal their own money, so that leaves 1 person. I feel like my parents are idiots.
I really hate to say this, but it really seems as if your parents are, indeed, somewhere on the moron scale. Your brother sounds as if he's been and is being raised with little to no boundaries nor repercussions. Honestly, that frightens me.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Total Clarity

I was about to type a response saying about how stupid I find my parents to be, but the moment I hit "Reply", my Dad came into my room, gave me my allowance and told me that he caught my brother in the act of stealing money. I will stay out of this now, but God, I hope things change around here now.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Sleepwalking

Send a message via MSN to jaded

Quote:
I was about to type a response saying about how stupid I find my parents to be, but the moment I hit "Reply", my Dad came into my room, gave me my allowance and told me that he caught my brother in the act of stealing money. I will stay out of this now, but God, I hope things change around here now.
Well, you know - it's the little things. I know it seems like they're idiots (and I know the jury is still out on it) but sometimes we (the parents) are at a loss as to what to do about the monster we're creating. Trust me. It's a very difficult thing to be fair and balanced 100% of the time, especially if A) you DON'T have irrefutable proof and B) it's an act which you can't BELIEVE could be committed by someone you gave birth to and raised.

My children are 8 & 10 and the last few years is when the lying and stealing have started. I'm raising them better than that, for sure. But there are other factors involved. Right now, the lying is obvious and the thefts are pretty stupid (make up, pennies, etc). One can only hope they knock that shit off someday. If they don't, I honestly can't say how I'd deal with it. There comes a point when you just close your eyes, stick your hands in your pockets, and PRAY they don't murder and dismember someone and shove them in a tree trunk.

BTW - I was friends with Matt Hoffman in high school. I vomited.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 AM
No.

I go shopping for stuff I really need. Do I get it? NO! Why? Because it's fucking Good Friday. I don't give a fuck about your fucking religion. I don't subscribe to your bullshit and I need my stuff! What about everyone else who doesn't buy into it, huh? What are we meant to do?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Total Clarity

Ugh, I'm quite sure you all are sick of seeing me rant about the exact same thing, but this is the only place I can, if I try to express it to my parents I'm told it's none of my business.

I used to hate my brother, but now I see him differently. He isn't just someone I don't like anymore. Now, he's just a worthless, poor excuse for a human being in my eyes and I doubt I will ever have respect for him. I've also straight up said this to my parents, so why don't THEY understand?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Sugar And Filth

^^^^ *hugs*

UGH.... OK, so I get a text today from my REALLY ANNOYING housemate saying "sorry for short notice, but I'm back tomorrow and is it ok if my parents stay over?"

now, normally that wouldn't bother me, but the fact is they take over THE WHOLE HOUSE. They make everyone else here feel very awkward because they all huddle up together on the sofas and watch films etc, while all snuggled up together. Like, she'll sit with her head on her dad's lap while he plays with her hair!!!!!!! FINE IF YOU'RE 6, NOT FINE WHEN YOU'RE 21! It's CREEPY!!

Plus they're all so sanctimonious!! I just don't think I can bear it! Plus, they wanna take some stuff out of the cupboard in my room, which basically means I can't even leave the house for some peace because they'll just let themselves into my room if I'm not around to chaperone!!! And they'll silently judge all the mess in my room, and they'll just give me that look.....

UGGGHHHH!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 AM
No.

Quote:
Ugh, I'm quite sure you all are sick of seeing me rant about the exact same thing, but this is the only place I can, if I try to express it to my parents I'm told it's none of my business.

I used to hate my brother, but now I see him differently. He isn't just someone I don't like anymore. Now, he's just a worthless, poor excuse for a human being in my eyes and I doubt I will ever have respect for him. I've also straight up said this to my parents, so why don't THEY understand?
Because they subscribe to the 'family= automatic love' line of thought?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 AM
No.

There's this ad on the radio for Walk Your Children To School Day, or whatever the fuck it's called. The voiceover tells us to walk, or bike, or use public transport. At the end, she says, 'If you *must* use a car, park further away from school than usual, and walk the rest'.

Yeah, you know what? Fuck you! I went to primary school in a suburb where you parked wherever the hell you could. My mother sure as hell didn't have the time to take public transport, and she didn't get off work when we finished school. Cars are easier and take less time, bitch! Stop preaching and think!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
No.

To my science teachers: Fuck you! Question 15 was a history essay, not a fucking science question! How do you expect us to get it right if you keep making up history questions?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Total Clarity

*WARNING* *WARNING* THIS IS THE SAME BULLSHIT I RANT ABOUT EVERY TIME. *WARNING* *WARNING*

Since my brother stole money from my parents, my parents said he owes them double the money he stole and all money he makes goes to paying off his debt and he can't play video games or have his computer back until until he has given all the money back. I think I've mentioned that once. However, my brother constantly used his computer anyway (we had to keep it since he has to do school on it, according to my parents) so my parents would increase the consequences but he'd still find a way to use his computer anyway. My mother (understandably) got frustrated that no matter how much she punished him, he never learned but the way she's dealing with it now, I strongly disagree with.

Now, she has removed all punishments. As far as I know, he doesn't have to pay my parents back, he gets his computer back and the only catch is if he wants to go somewhere, he has to drive. Please forgive me as I'm not a parent, but this just sounds like a fucking terrible idea to me. If I was in charge here, I'd know exactly what I'd do but I'm not. Right now I just want to charge into my parents' room and tell them how terrible this idea is and tell them what I think they should do, but alas, I cannot as it's not my place.

And despite all this, the one thing that angers me the most is that my brother is acting so nice to all of us. Disgustingly nice, and forgive me for sounding like a pessimist, but I know that his niceness is not genuine. After all these years, I've learned that my brother is only nice to me when I'm pissed off at him or he wants something from me. For example, these past weeks, he's been allowed to watch TV shows or movies as long as someone was watching with him, so whenever mom and dad were at work, my brother would suck up to me until I watched with him. Perhaps his kindness is genuine now, but I highly doubt it, and the way he's acting like he cares about every single thing I do just makes me sick.

This next part is going to sound extremely selfish, but it's something I feel like I need to say. I've worked too hard to deserve this. Throughout my brother's teenage years, he's been nothing but a brat, so I decided when I first turned 13 that I'm going to better than that and show that I'm not my brother. I've caused problems, but it's worked for the most part yet I still feel like my parents just spoon feed my brother. Within the exact same days, my brother broke the rules, and got all his privileges back, while I stood in a hot room, playing rudiments on a wooden plank for hours until my hands blistered. Why did I do this? Because I know what I want to do with my life, I have a passion and I've worked my ass off to try and make sure it becomes what I do. Meanwhile, my brother sits at home, breaks the rules, cheats on his school work and is just babied by my parents.

I need some tea and rest. Everyone in my house is asleep, and I'm going to tell my parents these things in the morning. I just can't act like I'm not angry, no matter how ridiculous it may sound to them.

~Dysnomia

PS: Thank god for loud and angry music.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Broken

^ How long until your brother moves out? You really don't deserve to have to deal with him, I think.

Also, I found this...
Quote:
*WARNING* *WARNING* THIS IS THE SAME BULLSHIT I RANT ABOUT EVERY TIME. *WARNING* *WARNING*
...to be quite amusing. I myself don't find anything to be wrong with it.