The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Whatever happens to be on your mind...

Old 12-21-2010, 07:02 PM
No.

^ AM or PM?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Total Clarity

PM. I also just noticed I gave I typed the wrong time. Fixing that.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Sleepwalking

Send a message via MSN to jaded

Drama is a bunch of bullshit.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM
No.

To whoever made my bank's website:

Do you have any fucking idea about how hard it is to find the opening hours? You haven't even got directions as to how to do so!

Fuck's sake, people, it's not hard to just tell us where to go!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Video Kid

job posting: "for job details message xxx@xxx.ca"
my email: "i would like to know about the job details"
re-email: "thank you for applying! Do you have a resume to share with us?" + repitition of superficial facts that were in the job posting already....

really?! ... Don't you think I would have included a resume had I been applying?

No more girl next door, actions with no remorse. ~ Ayria

^ Part of the zero bullshit tolerance policy.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Broken

Today, I talked to my mom and my sister at dinner. Apparently, over the past few months they've noticed an evil look on my face, "like that evil doll that tries to kill you". They think I'm Satan because I refuse to get confirmed (on a side note, today my mom told me she'd give me money if I did). My mom and sister told me that I look like I'm plotting to kill them. They said they figured the house was already rigged with explosives, and my mom asked me if I was planning on stabbing her, strangling her, or burning her alive. I thought it was kind of funny, and that they were joking that that they thought I would do this, and I laughed a bit. Then they told me they were serious. I don't think my behavior is all that far from a normal person's. Talks with my mom can be fun, sometimes. I wonder what would happen if I ran downstairs with one of my sewing needles and threatened to poke my mom with it... *laughs hysterically*
P.S. No, I am not the one who tried to smash through the door with a sledgehammer to the room in which my frightened daughter was hiding. Here are some smiley friends->
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Video Kid

^ i'm really sorry to hear that. maybe you should have a clarifying talk. like a really long and totally open one. i know you have your secrets at that age, but seriously, there's probably nothing they didn't go through too and sometimes putting things out on the table is better than living with suspicions.

rant:

"The maximum allowable number of students are currently using MUGSI. Each student has a 45 minute time limit. Please try again later."

how about get a server that can fucking deal with how ever many students want to use their online services?!

"Grade reports and personal undergraduate timetables are available via the MUGSI Gateway page under the "Student Applications" list."

no, they're not: "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."... so how are people supposed to figure out when and where to show up for class tomorrow? huh?!

No more girl next door, actions with no remorse. ~ Ayria

^ Part of the zero bullshit tolerance policy.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Red Stars

Send a message via MSN to DollxParts

Yeah, be open with them. hen they won't be so suspicious and will just see that you're a regular teenager. Are your family really religious by any chance? One of my friends got anointed with holy water by her very religious uncle because he noticed she had black nail polish on...

"We put her down in a shallow grave/She wears a dress like a body bag every day."
Old 01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
No.

Can someone please tell me that murder is wrong and I shouldn't beat the shit out of my sister even though she is a greedy, lazy, stealing, manipulative, blame-shifting, careless piece of shit?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Broken

^ Try not to kill anyone, dear.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Broken

Me: Mom, do you know what ephemera means? It's in my book.
Mom: I know what a femur is.
Me: Cool, me too. But do you know what ephemera means? It's spelled E-P-H-E-M-E-R-A.
Mom: Oh, Femoral? It's a vein that goes through your thighbone.
Me: Ephemera, not femoral. Well, never mind. I'll go look it up.
Mom: Wait, are you just doing this to make me look stupid?
Me: Of course not... *sigh*

If you don't know the answer, just say so instead of avoiding the question. As a side note:

ephemera-
1: something of no lasting significance - usually used in plural
2: ephemera plural : paper items (as posters, broadsides, and tickets) that were originally meant to be discarded after use but have since become collectibles
Old 01-22-2011, 03:54 AM
No.

*throws axe into wall* JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

OK, calmed down a little.

IS IT TOO HARD TO ASK PARENTS TO ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEIR KIDS ARE DOING?????????

Apparently not.

To explain: I like going to my local park. It has an awesome flying fox. On weekends, it gets busy. Really busy.

Like, fifteen kids plus me crammed onto one tiny platform.

No hope of lining them up for longer than a minute. No hope of keeping them all orderly. And because I was the oldest one there, everyone decided that I'm the boss. The other adult on the platform- oh, no help there.

FUCKING HELL, PEOPLE.

There are SO MANY FUCKING WAYS kids can get hurt on that flying fox. The only way to get up apart from climbing is to go up the ramp. And little kids run up and down that ramp without looking where they're going. So other people run into them. People about to fly off almost hit them. People bringing the seat back walk into them. AND NOBODY BESIDES ME LOOKS OUT FOR THEM.

I swear to God, I was the only one there worried about others. I had to keep telling them, stand back, look out for others, be careful. Kids have fucking three-second memories, I swear. And absolutely no sense of self-preservation.

And the loving, careful parents? Sitting down in groups, standing silently by the side of the equipment, talking in pairs away from everyone else. FUCKING HELL. Your TINY, FRAGILE, EASILY BREAKABLE KIDS ARE ON THAT VOLATILE EQUIPMENT, FUCKWITS. YOU ARE LEAVING THEIR CARE TO A PISSED-OFF, RAPIDLY ANNOYED TEENAGER WHO IS FREE TO LEAVE WHENEVER SHE WANTS. GET. A. FUCKING. BRAIN.

And above all, TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN! Because I'm not there all the time, and I'm not responsible for what your little brats do! I'm not their nurse! I'm not their fucking nanny! YOU ARE. YOU'RE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM. ACT LIKE IT. And don't believe for a second that you can leave them alone and they'll be fine! IT'S A HUGE PARK FULL OF OTHER PEOPLE, NEXT TO A FUCKING RIVER! They could DROWN, they could RUN OFF, they could FALL OFF THE FOX AND BREAK SOMETHING, they could be KIDNAPPED, they could go on other equipment and FALL OFF, the list goes on! WATCH. YOUR. FUCKING. KIDS!

Oh, and kids: STOP MAKING ME DO THINGS FOR YOU. I don't have to pull you back. I can just leave you there. I'm doing it out of my own kindness.
YOU FUCKERS. I SAW A KID WHO COULDN'T HAVE BEEN OLDER THAN FOUR GET KNOCKED OVER AND THE KID WHO KNOCKED HIM OVER RAN OVER HIM. NOBODY HELPED HIM APART FROM ME AND THE KID NEXT TO HIM.
You fuckers just stood there and watched. Even the parents. Thank God he wasn't hurt. You disgust me. All of you. A little girl who couldn't have been four either showed more compassion and human decency than all of you, and you should have been right there next to me. Not one of you moved off that fucking platform- and none of the ones going back even stopped for a second! Fucking hell, what happened to teaching your kids to help others?

Apologies to Trae and everyone else with younger siblings or kids of their own, but fuck, this pissed me off.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to blast my mind out with Angelspit.

Last edited by Dark_Spiral; 01-22-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Sleepwalking

Send a message via MSN to jaded

Ahahahaha no apologies needed :-D I'm with you on that. It's not fair, and far too many parents pull that shit.

I'm the first to admit that my children will hate me for it, but I'm a "helicopter" parent. I find it hard to let go sometimes, but AGE APPROPRIATELY - I do. My kids are now a month away from 8 and 2 months away from 10, so they're getting older and a little more able to do more things in life without my immediate hovering. That terrifies me, but I digress.

This is both an admission and a rant: I hate children. There, I feel better. Now let me clarify: I had no plans in life to have children, I have always hated children. Then I became a mother. I LOVE my children. That's not even the right word, because it doesn't fully explain the feelings I have for them. They're my biggest fear coupled with my most treasured memories. After having been a parent for a few years, I realized - and it's exactly as you've said - I don't HATE children, I HATE their parents. I hate lazy parenting, and it comes in all forms. I refuse to spend one second around children that are out of control or have foul mouths and are generally little asshats because their parents have allowed them to become that way. Not to compare children to dogs, but it's the same theory - I don't HATE dogs, I hate most dog owners.

And btw - children really aren't that fragile physically - until about 6 or 7, their bones are still bendy :D

{{{darky}}} As a parent, thanks for looking out for the littles - especially since it's not something you should have had to do
Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 PM
No.

^ You know what was worse? The majority of those kids were around 5/6/7, maybe eight. There were a couple of older ones who were maybe 12, but none of them were going to lift a finger to help. No, leave it to the frazzled older kid.

Even worse was that several parents were watching, but none of them so much as said 'Hey, maybe you should step back' to their kids. Nope, just left it to me. The only time they said anything was to tell me that it was their kid's turn.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Total Clarity

Fuck You. Fuck You. FUCK YOU.

I've put up with your shit almost everyday for my entire time, and I am just done. I've had it.

Your double standards amaze me. You apparently have the right to make fun of everything I like, yet if I can't say a goddamn thing that you don't agree with. You can tell me that my favorite sucks (even though you've never seen), you can tell me that a movie I hate is good, and I'm wrong disliking it (EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT), you can tell me bands I like are bad because of science and you tell that when I'm playing certain games wrong, when I'm just trying to enjoy myself but if I so much as make a stupid joke about Battlestar Gallactica is for nerds or some shit, I've gone too far. I'm being offensive.

Fuck you.

If I don't want to wait 10 minutes for you to finish picking out a box of candy, I'm an asshole. If I don't drop something you did 2 minutes ago, I'm an asshole. If I don't let you be in my room after you just spent 10 minutes doing NOTHING but being a douche to me, I'm an asshole. If I say "Fuck", I'm an asshole since apparently you haven't sworn for 24 hours so that makes you the most mature person ever (even though you flipped me off a total of 6 times the next day, yes I counted it.)

FUCK YOU.

This honestly feels amazing just to type out. This is all I have to say for now.