The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Whatever happens to be on your mind...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
5a-5a's Avatar
5a-5a 5a-5a is offline
Red
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purple Box Land
Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to 5a-5a Send a message via Yahoo to 5a-5a
Question Do we all have to be stupid....

to get any kind of recongnition in this world? Do we all have to be like MSI?
__________________
Broke the sissy boys tiny toy heart in two...
oh..oh..oh oh uh oh...

Video~



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Protagon's Avatar
Protagon Protagon is offline
Black
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 545
Default

You realize they're not actual morons, right?
Kind of how Alice Cooper isn't actually a satanist who impales babies in his spare time. It's called shock-rock, and all it is, is putting on an amazing show.

Complex ideas aren't going to jump out of the mainstream and throw themselves at you, but they and the geniuses that created them are absolutely there.
So my vote is nay. On every account.
__________________

And it's gone with the figure of white with a silver Game Boy in
his palm; and like a sharp, sudden jolt of forbid lighting, he
brought light upon this world.
GOGOGO GOGOGO GGGGGO.
Tweets for you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2008, 06:31 PM
5a-5a's Avatar
5a-5a 5a-5a is offline
Red
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purple Box Land
Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to 5a-5a Send a message via Yahoo to 5a-5a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagon View Post
You realize they're not actual morons, right?
Kind of how Alice Cooper isn't actually a satanist who impales babies in his spare time. It's called shock-rock, and all it is, is putting on an amazing show.

I know that. Thinking it over now though, it all falls on what people prefer really.
__________________
Broke the sissy boys tiny toy heart in two...
oh..oh..oh oh uh oh...

Video~



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Protagon's Avatar
Protagon Protagon is offline
Black
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 545
Default

Then why use them as your prime example of stupidity?

Just to clarify: What kind of 'success' are you referring to? I assumed you meant commercial, but did you mean artistic instead?
__________________

And it's gone with the figure of white with a silver Game Boy in
his palm; and like a sharp, sudden jolt of forbid lighting, he
brought light upon this world.
GOGOGO GOGOGO GGGGGO.
Tweets for you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2008, 12:08 AM
5a-5a's Avatar
5a-5a 5a-5a is offline
Red
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purple Box Land
Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to 5a-5a Send a message via Yahoo to 5a-5a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagon View Post
Then why use them as your prime example of stupidity?

Just to clarify: What kind of 'success' are you referring to? I assumed you meant commercial, but did you mean artistic instead?

Anything, really. I only mentioned it because I've seen people pay more attention to something that amuses them rather than the actually quality of something.

But like I said, it all comes right down to preference dosent it?
__________________
Broke the sissy boys tiny toy heart in two...
oh..oh..oh oh uh oh...

Video~



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Protagon's Avatar
Protagon Protagon is offline
Black
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 545
Default

I'd probably disagree. There are so many preferences out there that there's almost no such thing. Particularly be preferences are such vague concepts and are so often found to be wrong.

More than anything, commercial success comes down to marketability, connections (whether in the industry or for the viewer), and --optimistically speaking-- uniqueness.
__________________

And it's gone with the figure of white with a silver Game Boy in
his palm; and like a sharp, sudden jolt of forbid lighting, he
brought light upon this world.
GOGOGO GOGOGO GGGGGO.
Tweets for you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:07 AM
xrayqueen's Avatar
xrayqueen xrayqueen is offline
Mother of Unicorns
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brick Shithouse,Germany
Posts: 7,400
Send a message via Skype™ to xrayqueen
Default

MSI is a VERY talented band. There's no other band out there who creates music like they do.And I don't think they're stupid.They're aware of what they're doing... at least a few songs of MSI even have good lyrics like ''You'll rebel to anything''
__________________
You can hide in the night while I'm waiting here, all alone


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Hell's Angi's Avatar
Hell's Angi Hell's Angi is offline
Video Kid
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,035
Default

i've always wondered if smart people can listen to msi, as i consider myself at least average in the smartness-corner and i can't listen to them at all without wanting to crash my head to the wall...
__________________

No more girl next door, actions with no remorse. ~ Ayria


^ Part of the zero bullshit tolerance policy.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
5a-5a's Avatar
5a-5a 5a-5a is offline
Red
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purple Box Land
Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to 5a-5a Send a message via Yahoo to 5a-5a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagon View Post
I'd probably disagree. There are so many preferences out there that there's almost no such thing. Particularly be preferences are such vague concepts and are so often found to be wrong.

More than anything, commercial success comes down to marketability, connections (whether in the industry or for the viewer), and --optimistically speaking-- uniqueness.

Ah I see. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
__________________
Broke the sissy boys tiny toy heart in two...
oh..oh..oh oh uh oh...

Video~



Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2008, 02:35 PM
5a-5a's Avatar
5a-5a 5a-5a is offline
Red
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purple Box Land
Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to 5a-5a Send a message via Yahoo to 5a-5a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayqueen View Post
MSI is a VERY talented band. There's no other band out there who creates music like they do.And I don't think they're stupid.They're aware of what they're doing... at least a few songs of MSI even have good lyrics like ''You'll rebel to anything''

I agree, I do find them very unique and I like their music. They're obviously aware of what they're doing, yeah
__________________
Broke the sissy boys tiny toy heart in two...
oh..oh..oh oh uh oh...

Video~



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Armybert Armybert is offline
Violet
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 22
Default

MSI kicks ass, they are very talented, they have the right to write songs about dicks and stuff instead of talking about lost love and following every other artists structures and rules

they sound pretty fresh to my ears, no matter what song i play they always cheer me up
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Corpsy!'s Avatar
Corpsy! Corpsy! is offline
Sexy black guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AriZona
Posts: 8,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayqueen View Post
MSI is a VERY talented band. There's no other band out there who creates music like they do.And I don't think they're stupid.They're aware of what they're doing... at least a few songs of MSI even have good lyrics like ''You'll rebel to anything''
I completely agree. Im pretty sure they're not idiots.
And, you're correct: there's no other band out there, that at least I can think of, that sounds anywhere near MSI
__________________
.:let go:.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
5a-5a's Avatar
5a-5a 5a-5a is offline
Red
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Purple Box Land
Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to 5a-5a Send a message via Yahoo to 5a-5a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armybert View Post
MSI kicks ass, they are very talented, they have the right to write songs about dicks and stuff instead of talking about lost love and following every other artists structures and rules

they sound pretty fresh to my ears, no matter what song i play they always cheer me up
I know Cocain and Toupees had me laughing everytime I heard it.
__________________
Broke the sissy boys tiny toy heart in two...
oh..oh..oh oh uh oh...

Video~



Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-08-2008, 06:09 PM
shockpopjay's Avatar
shockpopjay shockpopjay is offline
Violet
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 26
Default

msi are great communicators.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Something from Somewhere's Avatar
Something from Somewhere Something from Somewhere is offline
Blue
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Newburgh, IN, USA
Posts: 263
Send a message via AIM to Something from Somewhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell's Angi View Post
i've always wondered if smart people can listen to msi, as i consider myself at least average in the smartness-corner and i can't listen to them at all without wanting to crash my head to the wall...
I took a legitimate IQ test in the fifth grade. Mine was 141. MSI is my second favorite band.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.