The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > More Music

More Music Discuss artists and bands, old and new.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Midnight

Baroness - Yellow & Green

Baroness have never been my cup of tea, so I was surprised when I found myself enjoying this album, at least partially. Shying away from crunching metal riffs and odd song structures, Baroness have instead opted for a lighter, more straight-forward sound. That's not to say they've lost their edge; this album packs a punch, but in smaller douses. The first side, Yellow, has some great rocking songs like "Take My Bones Away" and "March to the Sea", and a gentle tune in "Twinkler."

Trouble rears its head on the second side, Green. I'm not sure why, but overall, this side lacks the power of the first. Few tracks are memorable here, save the sombre instrumentals "Stretchmarker" and "If I Forget Thee, Lowcountry". I don't mind this new direction, but it definitely needs some work.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Demi-Human

Emilie Autumn - Fight Like A Girl

So... she finally did it.
She finally released her new album after four fucking years of nonstop yapping. Congrats!
Problem is: It sucks.
Please, disregard what I said about Opheliac being bad. Because compared to this pretentious pile of shit, Opheliac was a pile of shit. But at least it was enjoyable.
First off, I had to listen to the title song "Fight Like A Girl". Why do I feel like her "fighting" involves Stooge slapping? Anyway, long-ass intro. I was almost put to sleep by how long it took for the song to pick up. And it didn't pick up at all.It was flat and boring. The screaming... OH CTHULHU, THE SCREAMING. I had to skip it.

"Gaslight" was boring as well. I recognize the term from a 1930's psych horror film. But from what I heard, it was something totally different.
Overall, I stopped listening after "Time for Tea" and looked at her new "look" evokes images of RuPaul's Glamazon.

Whoever said she was "original"?
All in all, it appears to me that EA's downward spiral has begun. Hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Live and die, live and die – as if in a dream
I just want to sleep
Old 08-11-2012, 04:10 PM
No.

Album: Goldfrapp- Black Cherry

A part of Goldfrapp's appeal is that every album changes genres dramatically, ensuring that A, no two albums are alike, and B, there will be something for everyone (well, hopefully). The change from Felt Mountain to Black Cherry is startling in that it's less a gentle arc around a corner than a wrench of the wheel that has tires squealing and rubber burning. Felt Mountain was psychedelic electro-synth that would make David Lynch say 'Wow, that's pretty incomprehensible and fucked up' while Black Cherry is magical electro-pop that appeals to the mainstream while simultaneously ignoring it.

Black Cherry is, in my opinion, Goldfrapp's best album. Almost every song has been polished to perfection (in my humble opinion) and each stands out. Songs like 'Strict Machine' and 'Slippage' ooze raw sex appeal while 'Black Cherry' is a heartbreaking tear jerker; 'Forever' and 'Hairy Trees' are dreamy and beautiful while 'Crystalline Green' and 'Tiptoe' are entrancing. The entire album is magical.

That being said, it isn't perfect. 'Deep Honey' is the one song on the album I don't like- it has a weird tune that seems oddly out of place, and it doesn't go anywhere. It sounds like a holdover from Felt Mountain that would have been much better there. Not to mention, some of the lyrics are just weird. But it's a brilliant album, and it's not dragged down by the problems.

In short: Damn amazing, but not perfect.

Darky's rating: 13/15

Darky recommends: 'Crystalline Green', 'Strict Machine', 'Hairy Trees', 'Forever', 'Black Cherry'

Darky doesn't recommend: 'Deep Honey'

Worth a look: Oh God yes.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Oh My Cod!

Send a message via Skype™ to Clear Vision

The Offspring - Days Go By

Normally I don’t like history lessons, but this new chapter of “the offspring” made me happy. The offspring was that band that got me into music by their combination of fun song’s (pretty fly) and serious songs (the kids aren’t alright). Their newest album isn’t their biggest step forward, but the best review on their past. It feels like seeing every side of the band I love, also the jokingly less attractive side

The future is now (5/5) - ”this cities made of diamonds and tomorrow glass will grow”
The album starts off with an heavy & punky song about the modern age, the technology and a dark shift in communication. Small things like the extra hit on the snare with the lyrics “who’s knock-knocking at your door” and the vibrato effect before the guitar solo symbolising a glitch/malfunction in the technology is clever thought of. While the song sounded modern, the solo seem to grab back to the early offspring (smash and pre) with the use of the Arabic scale (if that’s the right one). Al through a strong song to start the album.

Secrets from the underground (5/5) - ”this is not an anthem or a thread in someone’s name, but a promise that tomorrow will rock and burn if things don’t change”
I don’t like the title of the song, but think it is great, catchy but still has tons of energy. It’s about standing up against the modern problems, think about occupy, wikileaks and the economic crisis. A standard punk theme, but that’s what you get with a punk band. Especially the chorus is catchy, an instand hook and probably a great sing-along live with a pumped up crowd. A modern punksong, fitting with today’s issues.

Days Go By (4/5) – ”all your anger, all your hurt doesn’t matter in the end. Those days go by and we all start again”
Days go by is an example why the offspring is more diverse as a punk band. The song reminds me of the cult, has an optimistic message of how life goes by, even in sad times. You’ll get another chance tomorrow to make up for what you left. I love how creative they were in this song, that has changed a lot during the last few years. They can do more than just repeat the power-chords. These songs isn’t why I listen to “the offspring”, but these are the songs that keep listening fun. You always know you have some experiments around on each album.

Turning Into You (3/5) – I’ve been drowning in a sea of trying to please you. It’s all I ever be, it’s all I ever knew”
It starts out with an unusual drum for punk, but soon is noticeable that this is more and straight forward approach, grabbing more back with this (and the next) song. The lyrics deal with having to for fill someone’s ideals and expectations and feeling like your forced to be someone. Could be about expectations parents might have and feeling like you’re becoming like them. Nothing outstanding, also nothing wrong with the song.

Hurting As One (4/5) – “Our past lies dressed in white, we’re all just dragged to the fight. Broken in two, hurting as one.”
Hurting as one sounds like an older songs and has similarities with “something to believe in” from smash (1994). It shows about how both sides can be victim in a conflict. It could be about a relation, but it seems to be more logic to be about a conflict about two countries and how the civilians are victims of the conflict. It’s a strong punk song and a theme that fits. Again nothing really outstanding.

Cruising California (Bumpin’ In My Trunk) (2/5) – “I know you hear that bass bumpin’ in my trunk. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!” A song that should not be considered to be too serious. They’re mocking mainstream music and the situation around their hometown. It’s a happy and summer friendly single and a nice addition on the album to keep the punk elite away. It’s funny as a jokesong, it creates diversity on the album. Probably need some alcohol to overcome the shame of the song and enjoy it. In short: Boom, boom, boom, rap, auto-tune, Kate Parry-ish, summer and a summer happiness. Not something to enjoy every time I’ll listen to the album.

All I Have Left Is You (4/5) – “I’ll be the one. Spin me around. Lifting you up and holding me down”
What’s a modern rock band without a ballad? It seems to be much improved from the ballads on the last album, which seem over-dramatic for a band like “the offspring “ and didn’t sound to sincere. This is more relaxing, a good build up. It’s one of the better ballads they’ve done. It’s about not giving up in a relation and know you can trust on each other. Ballads aren’t really my cup of tea for “the offspring”, but can enjoy one on an album.

OC Guns (3/5) - “One shot gonna make it all right. OC guns gonna come out tonight.”
After 2 non-punk song’s it’s time for the 3rd. It’s a bit reggae/mariachi orientated and is a nice song overall. It’s well done actually, but the placement in the album just makes it hurt the album flow. After Cruising California, the Ballad, now another experimental song, dealing with the issues of gang wars and violence. It might seem like another joke song, but the topic is treated serious and the style covers with the topic. It’s a nice and relaxing song, but just on the wrong place on the album. The song just flows by, no real outstanding riffs, bit boring, but some credit can be given to Greg for the bass, taking an important place in the song.

Dirty Magic (3/5) – “Go on and pull the shades, razor blades, you’re so tragic. Go on I hate you so, but love you more. I’m so elastic.“
Dirty Magic is a remake of the song from “Ignition” (1992). It still has the grunge vibe it had, but the quality is improved, though I really enjoy the old version more. The reason for the remake is that they want newer fans (from Pretty Fly) also to know this song. They didn’t get enough energy when they played this live, so they rerecorded the song for this album. I’m fine with it as long as it will mean that they will play this more often live.

I Wanna Have A Secret Family (With You) (4/5) – “dancing on the table, married but he’s able holding up his dollars pointing as he hollers”
A catchy and funny song to keep away from all the seriousness on the album, something light. It’s about a guy with a family, going to strip/danceclub the “pink pony”, has a favourite dancer and wanna start a secret second family with her. It comes with an old school rock and roll feeling and is fun to listen to and rock and roll solo’s are just hot. Easy and catchy and lovely addition to a good album.

Dividing By Zero (5/5) – “it’s closing in on you, it’s closing in on you, run from the fire raining down on you.”
Together with “secrets from the underground” my favourite song on the album. Fast paced punk, straight edged and takes you back to some of the highlights of their past. Catchy chorus, some wah-wah effects in the pre-verse, the Arabic scaled solo. The song covers the downfall of our way of living and greed and our efforts to keep things stable are without results. The song is definitely a highlight on the album and flows into the next song.

Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell (5/5) – “I know that the world is gonna end, so dance around the flame that we once believed in……”
It continues with the same lyrical theme as previous song. Coming to accept our self-destruction and if we are going down, we better might make the best of it and celebrate it. A perfect and catchy song to end the album with “Dance fucker dance, let the motherfucker burn”, a quick reminder to the track “you’re gonna go far, kid” from the last album (which was overrated if you’d ask me). Can’t wait to hear this song live with everybody singing along.

Pro’s
Strait edge punk attitude back at songs
Wide variety in styles keeps it interesting
Show’s a part of the history of the offspring

Con’s
Lyrically not the strongest and a bit predictable
The non-punk songs could be spread out

Rating: probably around 7 of 10, but for me as fan:4 of 5 stars, 80/100, good or B+ or something else that fits your kind of measurements.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Black

Dragonette - Bodyparts

Dragonette is an electropop band from Canada and happen to be one of my favorites. So I had pretty high expectations for this release. The album that introduced me to them was Fixin To Thrill, a fun, synthy tribute to the 80's with some quirkiness thrown in. And Bodyparts is definitely just as amazing, maybe even more so in some aspects.

Upon hearing Run Run Run's intro, you feel like you're in the 80's. This is one of my favorite songs instantly. I especially like the instruments and tones used here. The next two songs are addictive uptempo synthy dance tracks. I overplayed both of them prior to the record's release and find that I'm not even sick of them yet. The fourth track, Untouchable, is a little different than other songs I had heard from them. It's more on the ballad side and is, in summation, a really great song. Definitely a favorite so far. Lay Low is dancy but mellow and has an infectious bassline and I really like the song's melody. Right Woman was another track I had heard before and it's not my favorite but it's definitely growing on me. My Legs has brilliant synth work and another great melody. It's also noticeably heavier than the previous song. Giddy Up is a little cheesy in parts but is really fun especially the video game sounds used throughout. Rocket Ship's synths make this song unique; they take you right back to the 80's. I wish they had used the big, electric drums more, I love those. Riot is another fun track, I have nothing much to say but the fact that I like it. My Work Is Done is a toe tapper but isn't my favorite either. It's not bad but doesn't offer anything new. Ghost, the closer, is another ballad with sweet synths and my favorite vocal work on the album. The chorus gives me chills; it's sung wonderfully. I absolutely adore this song.

All the songs follow pretty much the same formula but the album is very good and has more than enough time to grow on me even more. The production is great, I have yet to hear it on a stereo but I bet it sounds incredible. The songs aren't very emotional except for the last track but it just sounds like the band is enjoying what they're doing. It's definitely worth checking out.

Sorry this review isn't very thorough. This album was just released today.

90/100

Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 PM
In the Mood

^ I have 8 tabs open in my browser right now and one of them just happens to be the album sampler for that record...thanks to Tegan and Sara's Twitter

But I haven't listened to any of it yet. Saving it for later...

Thanks for the review!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Black

^^ It's amazing! It's grown on me so much in just one more listen and now I can't get away from it. Definitely my favorite album I've gotten so far this year. If you got to listen to any songs/samples, I hope you enjoyed them!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM
No.

^ Your review actually convinced me to give it a shot (when YouTube works for me). *applauds*
Old 09-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Black

^ :O That's great, thanks! I hope you like what you hear!

Old 09-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh My Cod!

I decided to give it a shot as well and am currently listening to the sampler on youtube. I am pleasntly surprised and really digging this music already just within minutes of listening.

Thank you for sharing, I think I just found a wonderful new band and a potential top favorite.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM
In the Mood

It's good stuff. No surprise there :)
Old 09-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Black

Wow, I'm really glad I inspired you guys to give that record a listen and I'm happy you're liking it!<3

Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
No.

I love "Riot". Just saying.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 AM
It Came From Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear Vision View Post
The Offspring - Days Go By

Normally I don’t like history lessons, but this new chapter of “the offspring” made me happy. The offspring was that band that got me into music by their combination of fun song’s (pretty fly) and serious songs (the kids aren’t alright). Their newest album isn’t their biggest step forward, but the best review on their past. It feels like seeing every side of the band I love, also the jokingly less attractive side

The future is now (5/5) - ”this cities made of diamonds and tomorrow glass will grow”
The album starts off with an heavy & punky song about the modern age, the technology and a dark shift in communication. Small things like the extra hit on the snare with the lyrics “who’s knock-knocking at your door” and the vibrato effect before the guitar solo symbolising a glitch/malfunction in the technology is clever thought of. While the song sounded modern, the solo seem to grab back to the early offspring (smash and pre) with the use of the Arabic scale (if that’s the right one). Al through a strong song to start the album.

Secrets from the underground (5/5) - ”this is not an anthem or a thread in someone’s name, but a promise that tomorrow will rock and burn if things don’t change”
I don’t like the title of the song, but think it is great, catchy but still has tons of energy. It’s about standing up against the modern problems, think about occupy, wikileaks and the economic crisis. A standard punk theme, but that’s what you get with a punk band. Especially the chorus is catchy, an instand hook and probably a great sing-along live with a pumped up crowd. A modern punksong, fitting with today’s issues.

Days Go By (4/5) – ”all your anger, all your hurt doesn’t matter in the end. Those days go by and we all start again”
Days go by is an example why the offspring is more diverse as a punk band. The song reminds me of the cult, has an optimistic message of how life goes by, even in sad times. You’ll get another chance tomorrow to make up for what you left. I love how creative they were in this song, that has changed a lot during the last few years. They can do more than just repeat the power-chords. These songs isn’t why I listen to “the offspring”, but these are the songs that keep listening fun. You always know you have some experiments around on each album.

Turning Into You (3/5) – I’ve been drowning in a sea of trying to please you. It’s all I ever be, it’s all I ever knew”
It starts out with an unusual drum for punk, but soon is noticeable that this is more and straight forward approach, grabbing more back with this (and the next) song. The lyrics deal with having to for fill someone’s ideals and expectations and feeling like your forced to be someone. Could be about expectations parents might have and feeling like you’re becoming like them. Nothing outstanding, also nothing wrong with the song.

Hurting As One (4/5) – “Our past lies dressed in white, we’re all just dragged to the fight. Broken in two, hurting as one.”
Hurting as one sounds like an older songs and has similarities with “something to believe in” from smash (1994). It shows about how both sides can be victim in a conflict. It could be about a relation, but it seems to be more logic to be about a conflict about two countries and how the civilians are victims of the conflict. It’s a strong punk song and a theme that fits. Again nothing really outstanding.

Cruising California (Bumpin’ In My Trunk) (2/5) – “I know you hear that bass bumpin’ in my trunk. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!” A song that should not be considered to be too serious. They’re mocking mainstream music and the situation around their hometown. It’s a happy and summer friendly single and a nice addition on the album to keep the punk elite away. It’s funny as a jokesong, it creates diversity on the album. Probably need some alcohol to overcome the shame of the song and enjoy it. In short: Boom, boom, boom, rap, auto-tune, Kate Parry-ish, summer and a summer happiness. Not something to enjoy every time I’ll listen to the album.

All I Have Left Is You (4/5) – “I’ll be the one. Spin me around. Lifting you up and holding me down”
What’s a modern rock band without a ballad? It seems to be much improved from the ballads on the last album, which seem over-dramatic for a band like “the offspring “ and didn’t sound to sincere. This is more relaxing, a good build up. It’s one of the better ballads they’ve done. It’s about not giving up in a relation and know you can trust on each other. Ballads aren’t really my cup of tea for “the offspring”, but can enjoy one on an album.

OC Guns (3/5) - “One shot gonna make it all right. OC guns gonna come out tonight.”
After 2 non-punk song’s it’s time for the 3rd. It’s a bit reggae/mariachi orientated and is a nice song overall. It’s well done actually, but the placement in the album just makes it hurt the album flow. After Cruising California, the Ballad, now another experimental song, dealing with the issues of gang wars and violence. It might seem like another joke song, but the topic is treated serious and the style covers with the topic. It’s a nice and relaxing song, but just on the wrong place on the album. The song just flows by, no real outstanding riffs, bit boring, but some credit can be given to Greg for the bass, taking an important place in the song.

Dirty Magic (3/5) – “Go on and pull the shades, razor blades, you’re so tragic. Go on I hate you so, but love you more. I’m so elastic.“
Dirty Magic is a remake of the song from “Ignition” (1992). It still has the grunge vibe it had, but the quality is improved, though I really enjoy the old version more. The reason for the remake is that they want newer fans (from Pretty Fly) also to know this song. They didn’t get enough energy when they played this live, so they rerecorded the song for this album. I’m fine with it as long as it will mean that they will play this more often live.

I Wanna Have A Secret Family (With You) (4/5) – “dancing on the table, married but he’s able holding up his dollars pointing as he hollers”
A catchy and funny song to keep away from all the seriousness on the album, something light. It’s about a guy with a family, going to strip/danceclub the “pink pony”, has a favourite dancer and wanna start a secret second family with her. It comes with an old school rock and roll feeling and is fun to listen to and rock and roll solo’s are just hot. Easy and catchy and lovely addition to a good album.

Dividing By Zero (5/5) – “it’s closing in on you, it’s closing in on you, run from the fire raining down on you.”
Together with “secrets from the underground” my favourite song on the album. Fast paced punk, straight edged and takes you back to some of the highlights of their past. Catchy chorus, some wah-wah effects in the pre-verse, the Arabic scaled solo. The song covers the downfall of our way of living and greed and our efforts to keep things stable are without results. The song is definitely a highlight on the album and flows into the next song.

Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell (5/5) – “I know that the world is gonna end, so dance around the flame that we once believed in……”
It continues with the same lyrical theme as previous song. Coming to accept our self-destruction and if we are going down, we better might make the best of it and celebrate it. A perfect and catchy song to end the album with “Dance fucker dance, let the motherfucker burn”, a quick reminder to the track “you’re gonna go far, kid” from the last album (which was overrated if you’d ask me). Can’t wait to hear this song live with everybody singing along.

Pro’s
Strait edge punk attitude back at songs
Wide variety in styles keeps it interesting

Con’s
Lyrically not the strongest and a bit predictable
The non-punk songs could be spread out

Rating: probably around 7 of 10, but for me as fan:4 of 5 stars, 80/100, good or B+ or something else that fits your kind of measurements.
Oh Offspring... I may check this out.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Black

I typed this one up for my blog, I figured I'd post it here as well.

I was originally going to do a video review of this album right after my first listen but, it was bad timing and didn’t work out. My camera is also acting up right now. So, alas, I will just type one up. These reviews are just something I do for fun, I’m clearly not a professional or anything.

This is my Hide and Seek review.

The Birthday Massacre is my favorite band, I simply love everything about them. Their music is fun, nostalgic yet new, dark, beautiful, sweet, loud—almost everything I enjoy combined into one band. I grew up listening to 80’s music so their new wave and synth sound appealed to me. After being a listener for almost five years, they released Hide and Seek. I was pleased with all their past releases and couldn’t wait for this one.

Prior to my first listen, I hadn’t heard any of the album. The clips, full songs and stream almost made me cave in, but I kept remembering how amazing my experience listening to Imaginary Monsters [especially Forever] was and I wanted that feeling again with this album. I had never done this with a full TBM album before so it was a challenge. But was it worth it?

Hell. Freaking. Yes.

It was really nice and exciting not knowing what to expect ahead of time. I had read comments and things posted by others and it didn’t ruin the surprise factor at all. Just seconds into Leaving Tonight, I was floored already. Goosebumps and shivers happened repeatedly and tears formed in my eyes and I choked up. I never actually shed a tear or cried but it was an overwhelming emotional experience I hadn’t had with any album or song in a long time. I was wowed instantly, I wished I had filmed my reaction, it was pretty priceless. I even unplugged my headphones from the computer speakers and cranked up the volume to show everyone in the house how perfect this song was. No, I really do think it’s perfect. I love everything about it. The tones used, the vocals, the melody, the lyrics, the atmosphere—everything. After it was over, I plugged my headphones back in and listened to the remaining 9 tracks privately and was somehow able to listen to the rest of it without making another scene.

Down definitely did not disappoint. It is the heaviest song here and is the perfect balance between beautiful, soft, intense and catchy—-what TBM is usually about. It doesn’t sound like anything else on the record. And yes, the screams are just as awesome as everyone has been saying. Play With Fire is gorgeous. Some have said it’s too slow for their liking but I think it’s perfect. There aren’t many lyrics in this, but they are effective and memorable. I also really love this track’s intro. The synth work is great in this song. Like most TBM ballads, this song didn’t fail to give me goosebumps.

Need: This song freaking rocks! It actually sounds like something you would have heard on the radio in the 80’s or early 90’s. It reminds me of Vixen, if you’ve ever heard of them. Seems like something they would have done. The rhythm is infectious here. Calling is another fun song that had me hooked by the intro. It’s like an 80’s synthpop song with dark lyrics. This was one that had me swaying and smiling from it’s catchy melody and upbeat sound. I could just put this one on repeat all day long. Alibis is another ballad. It gets better each time I hear it, like Sideways from their last album. My favorite part of the song is after the 2nd chorus. This song also has great lyrics. I love the chorus, especially the line “there is a shadow here but there’s no light behind me” for some reason. It really caught my attention from the first time I heard it. One Promise picks up the tempo again and is yet another fun sounding song. It’s another that I enjoy more with each listen. I also like the part when it slows down, the atmosphere almost takes you back to their older stuff. Overall, it’s a really great track.

In This Moment: Flawless song. Another beautiful ballad that resulted in goosebumps and teary eyes. I love the song’s meaning. The lyrics are effective and the melody is beyond gorgeous, especially the chorus. The breakdown is also lovely. I feared it would cut off after that part but thankfully, we got another helping of the chorus before it ends. Cover My Eyes is a slower ballad with another set of great lyrics. The layered vocals are soft and sweet and almost sound like whispers. I wished we had gotten another chorus or an extended outro but it’s a wonderful song regardless. The Long Way Home pretty much continues where Cover My Eyes left off but it’s still able to stand on its own. More layered vocals and effects make it epic and you don’t want it to end but, it does. This song really should have been longer. All the songs could have been actually. But because of the length, it makes you want to go back and play them over and over again.

Hide and Seek is one of those rare albums that, when I first hear it, each song is a favorite until I hear the next one and then that one is my favorite and it just continues until the end. I actually don’t think that has even happened to me since Walking With Strangers.

One negative review had said that this album wasn’t memorable and challenged us to sing parts back after hearing it once. That’s next to impossible with me when I first listen to an album. But parts of this one actually stuck with me after I played it once through. That hardly ever happens with anything unless I’ve heard it before. By my third listen, I could remember how the songs basically went. That reviewer also said you won’t be singing any of it in the shower or the store. BULLCRAP. I did that yesterday and today. If that doesn’t say something, I don’t know what can. This album may not be effective to some people but it was for me.

Now, the ultimate question: Is this my favorite TBM album? Well…I’m not sure yet. WWS means a lot to me since it was the first album I bought from them and holds a lot of memories with it. Only time will tell there. But I truly enjoyed the journey this record invited me into and I would honestly live there if I could. The production, sound and vocals might be my favorite though. Chibi did such a great job singing these songs, especially in the condition she was in at the time. She sounds wonderful, I also love the reverb effects they used on her voice throughout the album. I can’t wait to experience these song live. I really hope I can someday! They sound like they’d be a lot of fun.

Anyway, I think that’s all I had to say. TBM delivered another visual, melodic, deep and just all-around brilliant album. It’s hard for me to listen to anything else right now because it stays with me and I keep wanting to go back to it. This is definitely going to stay in rotation for a long, long time.

100/100. [No, really.]

Last edited by donnaj; 10-10-2012 at 11:29 PM.