The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Violet

I think the first time I've ever heard of the band was probably early last year when some guy on another forum had everything
of his decked out with TBM. I ignored it at first but then I kept seeing him around and eventually, I checked them out. I think
I heard Blue first and I fell in love with the music. I didn't dig Chibi's vocals that much but after a few more listens, I fell in love
with them. So I salute you, random boy whose obsessive love has become contagious.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Unfamiliar

I first heard TBM in May or June of this year...Pretty sure it was June. My hubby was playing them while he was gaming and I was reading....The next day I had like bits and pieces of three or four different songs stuck in my head. I've made him listen to them daily since. Her vocals and the bands melody just bounces around in my head and I can't get enough. Lame I know but so true. Anyway, I'm babbling now so I'll stop boring you.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Sleepwalking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabet View Post
I first heard TBM in May or June of this year...Pretty sure it was June. My hubby was playing them while he was gaming and I was reading....The next day I had like bits and pieces of three or four different songs stuck in my head. I've made him listen to them daily since. Her vocals and the bands melody just bounces around in my head and I can't get enough. Lame I know but so true. Anyway, I'm babbling now so I'll stop boring you.
Aw, no, you can be babbling and still be loved! Andyou're right, Chibi's voice is a amazing. I always have a song of TBM's stuck in my head because she's so catchy.
Three Gods. One true Faith.
By the Three, my rights and duties.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Unfamiliar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Erick View Post
Aw, no, you can be babbling and still be loved! Andyou're right, Chibi's voice is a amazing. I always have a song of TBM's stuck in my head because she's so catchy.
Aww thx..lol....Out of all the bands I've ever heard (and I'm old lol) TBM is the only one I can and have listened to daily and never gotten tired of. It's too bad though it's taken me so long to find them

Old 09-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Sleepwalking

Quote:
Aww thx..lol....Out of all the bands I've ever heard (and I'm old lol) TBM is the only one I can and have listened to daily and never gotten tired of. It's too bad though it's taken me so long to find them
I first hear them in late 2002, liked the CD my friend had and moved to Maryland, to forget about them. It was 2005 or 2006 I got back into them. 2008 I finally got into them heavily. I WASTED SIX YEARS
Three Gods. One true Faith.
By the Three, my rights and duties.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Mother of Unicorns

Send a message via Skype™ to xrayqueen

Quote:
Better late than never

Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Unfamiliar

Back from their Nothing and Nowhere days. I still have the original CD! all wrapped up and new
Old 09-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Unfamiliar

I first heard of them when I met my boyfriend. He told me about this band he just LOVED, so he played a song for me (forget which one lol) and since then I've been HOOKED. This was almost 2-3 years ago though... damn I wish I knew about them sooner
Old 09-26-2009, 06:19 PM
In the Mood

^ The glass is half-full! Think about how many potential fans are out there who haven't heard of them before and might not ever find out about them.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Violet

I used to stay up really late like 5am-7am and I would just go on websites and read about stuff. I came across the "Blue" video and thought it was really cool and so I checked out their albums and fell in love with them.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Walking with Strangers

Send a message via Skype™ to wasteland

I discovered them through iTunes...which is an incredibly boring way to discover a band as amazing as they are, but still at least I found them. I listened to "Happy Birthday" and "Promise Me" from Nothing & Nowhere and later bought "Red Stars", "Lovers End" and "Kill the Lights". Then a few months later, I went back and bought every single on of their songs.
I still can't believe I was missing out on them for the whole eight years before I discovered them.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Unfamiliar

This'll sound dorky, but I first found TBM through a flash video on Newgrounds and just had to have their cd, so I ordered it off amazon and I still love it now. I have the last four CDs from Nothing and Nowhere to Looking Glass EP.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:58 AM
No.

I was reading the TV Tropes Lyrical Dissonance page and there was a link to the Looking Glass video. I don't normally click on links, but I did, and I loved it instantly. I sent the link to my friend and watched it around ten times that night, and then I ended up getting a whole bunch of TBM songs, and here I am.

Last edited by Dark_Spiral; 12-17-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Unfamiliar

I just heard of them about 4 days ago. I was on this board called METAL SLUDGE and someone posted this picture of them...

I thought they looked really cool and then went to YouTube to see/hear what they sounded like.

I've just discovered my new favorite band. They are so awesome! I'm just bummed that I've missed out on them for so many years!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayqueen View Post
Better late than never
I agree! You might have found them later than you'd like, but think of the future with them. AND you get to inform new people of their amazing music! Always a good thing.

" Spin the wheel; watch it crash..
Turn the dress to broken glass
Strike a pose and hold the flash "

ôAnd there never was an apple, in Adam's opinion,
that wasn't worth the trouble you got into for eating it.ö
- (from Good Omens w/Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman)