The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Spaced Out Water Queen

On Thursday Metropolis updated that Lords of Acid and System Syn's pre-orders were shipping out and they're 'released' on the 28th of this month. Sounds hopeful to me that we'll get H&S a few days early at least. Maybe. Don't quote me on it, I just saw the update.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 PM
La'Shante 'Bow VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Spiral View Post
Good review, but "Cover My Eyes" is not the last song on the album and they left out the last track, which is "The Long Way Home".
One deception you can't keep from me."
Old 08-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Sugar And Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyKitty View Post
On Thursday Metropolis updated that Lords of Acid and System Syn's pre-orders were shipping out and they're 'released' on the 28th of this month. Sounds hopeful to me that we'll get H&S a few days early at least. Maybe. Don't quote me on it, I just saw the update.
GAH!! I wish I lived in the US!! I think mine will probably arrive on the release date because it takes so much longer to ship internationally! Unless they have them further in advance and send the international orders sooner to get them to arrive on the right date!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 PM
It Came From Detroit

The review only got me even more amped up
Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoricstars View Post
Leaving Tonight sounds amazing! Definitely my favorite. I really wish they would make more ambient songs. Black, Red, The Night Loop, Nowhere, The Spooky Loop, ending credit of In The Dark, The Secret Loop. All SO perfect. They really achieve at and go beyond the atmosphere, melody, and layering of sounds with songs.
I agree. I'm a firm believer that a good intro, outro, and some interesting interludes can really make an album seem like an album, as opposed to a single collection of songs released together at one time.

Personally, I adore their ambient / instrumental side. I would love to hear a full instrumental composition from them.

Regardless though, their albums are albums, period. Even without those types of tracks, the way they transition from song to song is genius. Just about every track leads into the next with some form of interesting, ambient soundscape / texture.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Zombie Kitty

Location: Where I go hauntingly, within the depths of a darkened forest

I'm happy that there will be rain sounds.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Demi-Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*SCALPEL*~ View Post
It's weird. Both videos do not appear in the search results anymore, but they still exist.
He prolly made them private.

Live and die, live and die ľ as if in a dream
I just want to sleep
Old 08-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Violet

Can't wait for this recordddddd!!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Violet

I'm usually a patient person but I'm not feeling very patient waiting for HaS.

It looks like we may have a video or two to look forward to, as well, since I think I remember reading Chibi or Rainbow mentioning in an interview that they wanted to work with some visual matierial for this album. I can't remember where I read that, so I'm afraid I can't back that up. If I misread that or my memory is just failing me, feel free to set me straight.

Even still, it's kind of fun to guess which song they'll make a vid for first. (This may have been announced/discussed already but I just got finished with a bit of time in the hospital, so I've been out of the loop).
Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Blue

OK, we're nearing a month til release, it's about fucking time for news of a video or some officially released clips or something if they made that guy take his shit down. Come on, people.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Violet

Rhim said something big soon, I know waiting sucks, but the reward of the patience I'm sure will be worth it!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Spaced Out Water Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRabbit View Post
I'm usually a patient person but I'm not feeling very patient waiting for HaS.

It looks like we may have a video or two to look forward to, as well, since I think I remember reading Chibi or Rainbow mentioning in an interview that they wanted to work with some visual matierial for this album. I can't remember where I read that, so I'm afraid I can't back that up. If I misread that or my memory is just failing me, feel free to set me straight.

Even still, it's kind of fun to guess which song they'll make a vid for first. (This may have been announced/discussed already but I just got finished with a bit of time in the hospital, so I've been out of the loop).
I'm hoping maybe that's what the big news is. Not so sure about anything. But I hope there is one...and soooon! I've been wondering about it myself here lately.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
In the Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semirhage666 View Post
OK, we're nearing a month til release, it's about fucking time for news of a video or some officially released clips or something if they made that guy take his shit down. Come on, people.
Take a chill pill, man. Jeez Louise.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:26 PM
It Came From Detroit

Anticipation and build up is excellent. It will help you appreciate the final product more
Old 09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semirhage666 View Post
Patience, my friend... patience.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Preparing for a proper album release is probably an arduous task, especially when you're in the position TBM is. If I were in their shoes I wouldn't want to release any new information unless it was concrete and ready to go; like the album release date. Plus, Chibi has her surgery coming up too, and in the off chance something doesn't go as planned their entire tour could be postponed. I know that's something no one wants to think about, but it is worth considering and at least preparing for in the event that it does occur.

But I say let's relax and focus on the positive. Our favorite band is releasing a new album, an entire tour is booked, and it's all lining up for the Autumn season (my personal favorite). That in itself is freakin' sweetness!