The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Unfamiliar

Default BM taping policy

anyone here know their taping policy? im going to one of the FLA shows and would love to video some of their show, and get a feed off the sdb so it sounds good, copy for the band of course. Does anyone here know who to contact to get an Ok?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:03 AM
Blue

Send a message via AIM to brad

Not sure, probably management but I would also think it would be up to the venue as well?
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Red

i think aside from Rhim having asked everyone to avoid posting unofficial videos on youtube, there's probably no issue with video. the bigger issue is venues, some will flat-out confiscate your camera if they see you taping.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Red

^
Yeah, I'd also recommend contacting the venue to find out if you can record. Last year, I could bring my (non-video) digital camera into the venue, but not if it was professional quality.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Unfamiliar

I'd also like to do video at the show(s) I'm going to. I took dvcam video of Rasputina (who allow recordings) when they were here and it turned out very well. It would have been amazing if I had brought a tripod.

Why don't they like unofficial videos on Youtube? Any band with a following has like 10,000 unofficial live videos on Youtube. Sure, some of them are crap, but not all of them.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to deadlightjay

I was talking with Rhim for a good while last night and I asked a little bit about his stance on taping and stuff. He doesn't want people ripping official (Blue, Looking Glass, etc.) and putting them online. He doesn't have a problem with people taping songs during the show and putting them online as far as I can tell. I asked specifically because there was a video I wanted to put up of them from their last tour but I was waiting until I could get a definate answer from the band. If anything, just make sure you put a link up with the video to direct people to the Birthday Massacre official website.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Video Kid

Send a message via AIM to Hip Like Badass Send a message via MSN to Hip Like Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkface View Post
i think aside from Rhim having asked everyone to avoid posting unofficial videos on youtube, there's probably no issue with video. the bigger issue is venues, some will flat-out confiscate your camera if they see you taping.
This is true.
Usually only really big bands have a problem with taping and even pictures, but if there's a problem with taping, it's usually the venue policy. The best way to avoid getting a camera taken away is to call or look on the website.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to STILLBIRTH Send a message via Yahoo to STILLBIRTH

at the show last night no one was even frisked and tons of people openly recorded the show. chibi even made faces into a couple cameras in the front row. i mean i see it as free publicity if you ask me but i'm not sure of the bands official standpoint. i mean if you aren't trying to sell the footage and make a buck off of it i don't see what the problem would be. not only that these shows need to be documented. soooooo fucking good.