The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Violet

Arrow Repeat it

Have you ever noticed that in certain songs somethings are repeated? For example the same music sample or the same lyrics are used. I have realized of the followings:

Horror show - The night Loop (same sample)
Nowhere - The night Loop (well, is the same song)
Looking Glass - The night Murders (same sample, same lyrics)
To die for (is repeated in 2 albums)
Nothing and nowhere - Violet (Some songs are used in both albums)
Playdead - ??? (there is something there, but I still don't recognize it)

And also The rabbits and the Purple colors in design, Does anybody know why rabbits are used? they display certain dramatic atmosphere hidden in those cute bunnies.

As a bonus, have you ever noticed the howls of a wolf in "sleepwalking" and "control" songs?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:49 AM
No.

^ The bunny thing started as just an interesting thing to look at between loading screens, in a 'follow the rabbit' way, you know? Then fans started wearing bunny ears to concerts, so they made it a motif.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Violet

Wow, i never expected that

'follow the rabbit' way?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:23 PM
No.

Like in Alice in Wonderland, you know?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 PM
La'Shante 'Bow VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyshure View Post
Have you ever noticed that in certain songs somethings are repeated? For example the same music sample or the same lyrics are used. I have realized of the followings:

Horror show - The night Loop (same sample)
Nowhere - The night Loop (well, is the same song)
Looking Glass - The night Murders (same sample, same lyrics)
To die for (is repeated in 2 albums)
Nothing and nowhere - Violet (Some songs are used in both albums)
Playdead - ??? (there is something there, but I still don't recognize it)

And also The rabbits and the Purple colors in design, Does anybody know why rabbits are used? they display certain dramatic atmosphere hidden in those cute bunnies.

As a bonus, have you ever noticed the howls of a wolf in "sleepwalking" and "control" songs?
Horror Show" has the same guitar sample as the Spooky Loop, not the Night Loop. I think the Spooky Loop was made first and then they adapted the guitar melody for "Horror Show".

"Nowhere" was remastered for the Looking Glass EP. Otherwise there's nothing special about the song. They named it "Nowhere" because the "Night Loop" was not an official title of the song. The loop was used on the Nothing & Nowhere website. I don't know who named it the "Night Loop". The loop was never released on a physical copy.

"The Knight Murders" is an original song by Vanity Beach which TBM did a remix of and added the chorus in the remix. When they were recording Walking With Strangers, they took the chorus and added it (and made slight changes to some of the words) to the song which became "Looking Glass".

The band decided to re-record "To Die For" because it was popularly demanded by the fans. The thing is, when you listen to it, the bridge on the WWS version is shorter than the version on Nothing & Nowhere.

The band re-recorded some of the songs from Nothing & Nowhere on Violet because they were good songs that a lot of fans liked and I think they wanted to improve the sound in those older songs.

As far as "Play Dead" goes, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't see anything unusual about the song.

The colors used on their artwork is something they've always represented since the beginning. Almost all of the band studied art in college, and their artwork reflects their music. Like Dark_Spiral said, the bunny was used on their Nothing & Nowhere website as a transition from one page onto another. It became a big thing that the fans liked and they used the image of the bunny as part of their logo ever since.

I do not hear any howls on "Control" or "Sleepwalking" at all, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I hope that answered some of your questions in this thread.

Last edited by ~*SCALPEL*~; 05-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Demi-Human

Sideways and Goodnight have a similar intro.

Live and die, live and die – as if in a dream
I just want to sleep
Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*SCALPEL*~ View Post
(...)

The colors used on their artwork is something they've always represented since the beginning. Almost all of the band studied art in college, and their artwork reflects their music. Like Dark_Spiral said, the bunny was used on their Nothing & Nowhere website as a transition from one page onto another. It became a big thing that the fans liked and they used the image of the bunny as part of their logo ever since.

I do not hear any howls on "Control" or "Sleepwalking" at all, so I don't know what you're talking about.

I hope that answered some of your questions in this thread.
I did not have any question I think that all of us know that things about the songs, I only want to know what do you think about it
The thing about the rabbit now is clear for me, since the beginning I had noticed that the "nothingandnowhere" site has allusions from Alice as Dark_Spiral said, but I never reflected deeply on the rabbit, I thought that the rabbit was pre-stablished. Such a wonderful thing isn't it? I love those rabbit's things

The hidden howl on "Control" take appearance between minute 2:28 and 2:40 after chibi's dialogue. (Easy to notice)

The hidden howls on "Slepwalking" take appearance in minute 1:17 until 1:30 after chibi's chorus and again in minute 2:21 until 2:34 and 3:25 until 3:38 in the same circumstances. (These are more difficult to hear).

Maybe can not be heard on MP3 files, might only on loseless data or on the CD's play. Or only with home theather
Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
La'Shante 'Bow VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyshure View Post
The hidden howl on "Control" take appearance between minute 2:28 and 2:40 after chibi's dialogue. (Easy to notice)

The hidden howls on "Slepwalking" take appearance in minute 1:17 until 1:30 after chibi's chorus and again in minute 2:21 until 2:34 and 3:25 until 3:38 in the same circumstances. (These are more difficult to hear).

Maybe can not be heard on MP3 files, might only on loseless data or on the CD's play. Or only with home theather
I will listen to those songs where you are saying, see if there are any howls.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Sugar And Filth

I really don't think they're howls as in vocals, they sound instrumental/digital to me. Probably the synths, possibly the guitar.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Violet

^Hard to know... howls is what I imagine. Sounds as a wolf, maybe a dog.