The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Oh My Cod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague Kitty View Post
^ Beautifully said!

Also, does anyone know what the "Under Your Spell" font is called? I love it!
Thank you!! I always worry if I word things properly

Yes! It's called Whitechapel BB font. I found it about a week ago
Been planning for a long time to make a thread with TBM fonts and I've found most of them so far. Only bummer thing is some of them are not free (for commercial or even personal) and sadly this font is also not for personal use. That includes anything, like fanart totally worth buying though! Especially since it was chosen for a TBM album title, that right there proves it is special!

You can check it out HERE on the creator's official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr!mson View Post
Haha, I thought about that meaning of Counterpane too, but didn't know how to phrase it. It definitely gives off that vibe of intimacy.

And one of my favourite things about TBM is the references to their previous lyrics, even if it may be unintentional. I thought a lot of Superstition had 'the edge of the world' in it, even if the lyrics weren't explicitly mentioned, so I was surprised to hear it in Counterpane.

"The past and the future bleed into the world below"
"Because in the world below I was always alone"
Those lyrics as well as the ones in Beyond reminded me of the lyrics in Counterpane.

I'm also stoked that Under Your Spell will be more intimate and apparently relationship focused, my favourite TBM songs were always the 'break up' sounding ones like Forever, Always, Need etc.
haha, right? I didn't know how to phrase it either! I like your use of the word intimacy, that's a good way to word it!

that is one of my favorite things too! A lot of the time, especially with their most recent albums, I feel the songs are a story being told. Maybe sometimes in a different point of view or with different characters but perhaps all apart of the same world, if that makes sense. When they reference another song title or lyric, I feel that sorta continues the story in a way or at least kinda ties them together a bit. I really love that about TBM :D gives a wonderful feeling to the fans who pick up on those references!

Me too! I always love those songs because they can feel personal and relatable. Just like in Counterpane, one of my favorite lyrics being "People interlace by mistake sometimes. It hurts to walk away,
But we’re just cheap toys perpetually breaking."

I really like how TBM expresses the sorrows of a relationship ending. They do it so beautifully!

Wanted to also say it's nice to see you around again, cr!mson and making discussion in the TBM section of VP!! :D
Old 03-21-2017, 12:52 AM
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera Doll View Post
Wanted to also say it's nice to see you around again, cr!mson and making discussion in the TBM section of VP!! :D
Aw haha thanks, I always end up back here during the prerelease season it seems!

Also, I may be wrong, but I feel like Counterpane is unique in that it is the only TBM song that has had such a tempo change between verse and chorus - the verses are very slow, almost like Left Behind, whereas the chorus surprised me when it took off. Were there any others that did this?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:20 AM
Persephone

Location: Where I go hauntingly, within the depths of a darkened forest

Quote:
Thank you!! I always worry if I word things properly

Yes! It's called Whitechapel BB font. I found it about a week ago
Been planning for a long time to make a thread with TBM fonts and I've found most of them so far. Only bummer thing is some of them are not free (for commercial or even personal) and sadly this font is also not for personal use. That includes anything, like fanart totally worth buying though! Especially since it was chosen for a TBM album title, that right there proves it is special!

You're welcome! Oooooh, they accept Paypal! I might buy it soon! Thanks! You should start that font thread. Just for reference. Do you know what fonts those are for Walking With Strangers and Violet? I think Hide and Seek is Ghastly Panic? I could be totally wrong though....

The waning moon sets to rest
Withering a night sky to a zombie grey light
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld

Last edited by Plague Kitty; 03-21-2017 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:01 AM
Oh My Cod!

Quote:
Aw haha thanks, I always end up back here during the prerelease season it seems!

Also, I may be wrong, but I feel like Counterpane is unique in that it is the only TBM song that has had such a tempo change between verse and chorus - the verses are very slow, almost like Left Behind, whereas the chorus surprised me when it took off. Were there any others that did this?
Good! :D Wish more members would do the same, would be great to have lots more discussions here!

Ooh I didn't even think about that! It might just be. Can't really think much at the moment, pretty tired and about to go to bed xD One that comes to mind is Blue, what about that one? Love how the song switches back and forth from sounding kinda cutesy sweet to dark and sinister, hehe :D

Quote:
You're welcome! Oooooh, they accept Paypal! I might buy it soon! Thanks! You should start that font thread. Just for reference. Do you know what fonts those are for Walking With Strangers and Violet? I think Hide and Seek is Ghastly Panic? I could be totally wrong though....
Yay!! You're welcome! You should totally buy it and use it for your fanarts!

Yesss I found those too :D also both not free for personal use though sadly ;_;

Violet: Ballantines Script EF That's the official site from the creator's I believe. Says it is in EUR. I acted like I was gonna make a purchase and you can only pay with a credit card. So I found this other site HERE where you can pay in US Dollars with Paypal! just gotta make an account!

Walking With Strangers: Cheapskate Fill Creator's official site, can purchase with credit card or paypal :D

Omg with Hide And Seek, it's so funny, I had this font already on my computer! Found it on dafont.com and this one is awesome because it's 100% free!!!
It's called October Crow love that name, hehe

Last edited by Chimera Doll; 03-21-2017 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Good! :D Wish more members would do the same, would be great to have lots more discussions here!

Ooh I didn't even think about that! It might just be. Can't really think much at the moment, pretty tired and about to go to bed xD One that comes to mind is Blue, what about that one? Love how the song switches back and forth from sounding kinda cutesy sweet to dark and sinister, hehe :D

Violet: Ballantines Script EF That's the official site from the creator's I believe. Says it is in EUR. I acted like I was gonna make a purchase and you can only pay with a credit card. So I found this other site HERE where you can pay in US Dollars with Paypal! just gotta make an account!

Walking With Strangers: Cheapskate Fill Creator's official site, can purchase with credit card or paypal :D

Omg with Hide And Seek, it's so funny, I had this font already on my computer! Found it on dafont.com and this one is awesome because it's 100% free!!!
Can I ask how you found all those fonts? Are you just good at recognising them? I tried to find the font for "Under Your Spell" to help Crystal and I used one of those font identifiers and one where it asks you questions about the font to narrow it down - had no luck.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:

I think Broken is another one that does that.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 AM
Persephone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
Can I ask how you found all those fonts? Are you just good at recognising them? I tried to find the font for "Under Your Spell" to help Crystal and I used one of those font identifiers and one where it asks you questions about the font to narrow it down - had no luck.
Here you go! Dolly already mentioned it....

Quote:
It's called Whitechapel BB font. I found it about a week ago

Quote:

Yes, that is my sole intention (to make fan art) >:3 Ahhhhhhhhhh, thank youuuuuuuuuuuu sooooo much for finding them for me and for keeping Paypal in mind~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Hugs!* Love youuuuu! x I don't know if you know this (you probably do but I'm going to post it anyway ) but look what I found ages ago:

http://persephonedarkqueen.deviantar...ushes-38570144

Old 03-22-2017, 07:52 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Here you go! Dolly already mentioned it....

Yes, that is my sole intention (to make fan art) >:3 Ahhhhhhhhhh, thank youuuuuuuuuuuu sooooo much for finding them for me and for keeping Paypal in mind~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Hugs!* Love youuuuu! x I don't know if you know this (you probably do but I'm going to post it anyway ) but look what I found ages ago:

http://persephonedarkqueen.deviantar...ushes-38570144
Thanks, I was aware of her post. I was just wondering how she found them.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 PM
Persephone

Ah. I see x.x Gotcha! I think she's going to start a font thread soon though...

Old 03-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Oh My Cod!

^ Yes, I hope to finish it up ASAP :D Got most of the fonts, think there's 1 or 2 I'm not completely sure of

Wanted to let you guys know of the recent PledgeMusic update:
(Get in those pledge orders!!!)

Quote:
Last chance!

Dear TBM Fans!

We want to let you know that we will be closing our Pledge Campaign at midnight on March 31st. If there is anything that you have thought about getting, this is the time to do it.

The band has asked me to thank everyone who has helped us with this record in any way. Whether it was spending time with us in the studio or just spreading the word, it was all important to us.

The official record release is June 9th but I am pretty sure things will be in the delivery system before then.

Thanks again and we will see you on tour!

Terry the Manager
Old 03-25-2017, 01:29 AM
Persephone

^ And, and, and~!!!!!!!!! In regards to the scrapbook delivery (which I have been waiting anxiously for! :D):

Quote:
This is the mother of all Pledge products. The same way that the band will not rush the recording... they are working on the scrapbook now that way. They won't just slam a bunch of pictures and posters in there.... they want to do collages that are as artistic as their music is. Let's cross our fingers!

Old 03-25-2017, 01:52 AM
Oh My Cod!

^ Omg yay! So excited for that. I like how he said "mother of all Pledge products" so glad I decided to order it

Thank you for sharing here
Old 03-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Persephone

^ I know, I love that too :3 You're welcome! Lauren (Doomscarf) brought it to my attention. So, I guess you should be thanking her as well

Old 03-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
^ Omg yay! So excited for that. I like how he said "mother of all Pledge products" so glad I decided to order it

Thank you for sharing here
Same. ^^ I've said it before, but I hope they're numbered in order of purchase. I believe I did order within the first 10-20 but I was groggy with a cold when I ordered and didn't pay attention to what number were left from the original 200.

On that note, I wonder what will happen to any 'leftover' limited pledge merch? There's over 80 of those Chibi photos and over 160 scrapbooks still available for example...will they just not get made, or will they be made available on the tour?

Old 03-31-2017, 12:46 AM
Oh My Cod!

New pledge update with another set of magical lyrics and a song listen (included with a nifty download button!)

OMG I am loving this song so much!!! I read the lyrics before I listened and they hit me right in the feels. I can relate to them so I think that's why but also TBM!
I am fangirling hard lately, sorry for the extra hyperness!

What do you guys think? :D