The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Oh My Cod!

Exclamation Your input for a St. Louis interview on May 22.

Hello friends on the board...
This is William Z. and I'm the sole owner/writer of a music review/interview blog called The Noise Beneath the Snow at Noisebeneaththesnow.com. My friend ChimeraDoll is posting on my behalf here because I have been having issues getting logged in. Nevertheless...

The Birthday Massacre will be arriving in St. Louis Monday night, May 22 and I'm arranging with their tour manager an interview with the band. I've got a section of questions getting their thoughts on a few of the things posted within the "Under Your Spell" thread. There are some really great observations on there. Moreover, as you know...the band is very connected with their fans. And I thought it would be cool to ask them their thoughts.

But I thought about taking this one step further. I'd like to go in with perhaps more question than necessary just in case their answers are shorter than I think they will be on the ones I already have ready or if I end up having more time than I think.

So, here's my point... Is there anything you'd really like an answer on?... any ideas you might have for questions? If so, please email me directly at inwinterbleeding@hotmail.com. Or post them directly as a reply to this thread. I can at least read it if not reply to it. I'll see what I can do to possibly fit them in or incorporate them into one of the questions I have already.

I can come up with some more but I thought it would be cool to ask the online family. After all... that seems to be a lot of what the band is about. Thanks... and of course, I will share the interview once it's transcribed. It should be fun. Oh and one more thing. I have to give my questions to the tour manager by Sunday so you only have through Saturday night, May 20th Central US time.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts... Thanks!

Wz.

PS. If you have a Twitter account... follow me on the link below and you'll get the link immediately when it's posted.

Follow me on Twitter for all the music reviews and interviews.
https://twitter.com/NoiseBelowSnow

Last edited by Chimera Doll; 05-18-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added url
Old 05-18-2017, 05:34 PM
Red

This is a great idea! I'd love to know more about the meanings of their songs, particularly the meaning of the title 'Counterpane' and the ouroboros concept they went with for 'One' and 'Endless' supposedly being connected...

I'd also love to know if the lyrics were written out of personal experience, and what made them go for this theme of love/heartbreak.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:19 PM
Red Stars

I have a question for rainbow: How do you feel about softsynths and would you ever consider using one to achieve the birthday massacre sound or have you always preferred hardware.
I prefer my username not mentioned and just my name - Adam.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:29 AM
Violet

Send a message via AIM to FlawedCoil82 Send a message via Yahoo to FlawedCoil82

Hmm well I would like to ask them about that "crack" in the audio of "Forever" at 3:44 and find out if that is in the master but I don't think they would care about that like me or know what I am talking about.

So my main question would be how many songs do they typically record and then cut off a retail album during album recording sessions and if there will ever be a CD release one day that would include all the sacrificed songs they didn't include on the retail studio albums?
Within Temptation, Flaw, Lacuna Coil, Tool, The Panic Division, Katatonia, Lunatica, The Birthday Massacre, A Perfect Circle, Silverchair ('94-'01), Autumn, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Metallica, Type O Negative, Evanescence, Pallbearer, Source, Evergrey

Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 05-19-2017 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Zombie Kitty

Location: Within the depths of a darkened forest, where I go hauntingly

This question is aimed at Chibi and anyone involved in making the lovely purple album covers!

Will you ever consider making a coloring book for your fans? There's a coloring book that I'm currently coloring in (this one) and I'm making everything The Birthday Massacre-ized! Using colors of purple, black, red and Blue It would be really awesome to color your famous bunnies black and the sky purple and anything else you include!

Much love to the moon and back,
~Crystal from Los Angeles, CA

P.S: If all things go well and I'm able to go, I'll see you at The Roxy! It would be my first time seeing you live. Been a fan since 2007!

I was never part of this world
Its beauty is not yet known to me
Old 05-20-2017, 04:36 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague Kitty View Post
This question is aimed at Chibi and anyone involved in making the lovely purple album covers!

Will you ever consider making a coloring book for your fans? There's a coloring book that I'm currently coloring in (this one) and I'm making everything The Birthday Massacre-ized! Using colors of purple, black, red and Blue It would be really awesome to color your famous bunnies black and the sky purple and anything else you include!

Much love to the moon and back,
~Crystal from Los Angeles, CA

P.S: If all things go well and I'm able to go, I'll see you at The Roxy! It would be my first time seeing you live. Been a fan since 2007!
Building on that, I'd also like to ask (I already asked a couple questions via email), can we suggest merch ideas and if so, who/where do we suggest them?

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 05-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Oh My Cod!

Exclamation Update!

From William Z:
Ok I've gotten about 10-15% of the interview transcribed. I'll do some more tonight. It was about 20 mins long. We talked about a bunch of stuff including the new CD, a couple of the new tracks that have been released, Pledgemusic, fan reaction vs. cultures and where they've toured, how fans suggest merch (Chibi loved the idea of a coloring book, by the way), the ending/beginning ideas with "One" and "Endless" and the oroboros, the number references 3s, 2s etc...themes of youth vs. adult on their albums... if there were songs too painful to play live, if music initially dictated what the subject matter was based on feelings evoked,
what happens to tracks cut from retail release recording sessions, softsynths vs. hardware, ... there were a couple lighthearted questions where I asked what each of them would do if they were playing and the other walked out on the first song...then 3 famous singers/players who happened to know every song walked in, who they would pick. The last thing I asked was what they would hope someone would feel/think if a distant relative many years down the road found their discography with something to play it on in an old box in an attic.

I'm in the middle of a move so I'll finish it as soon as I can. I wish I could have used the video but there's no way. The way we were sitting was too weird, there was a lot of noise in the other room and at one point (embarrassing) I had to cough a few times at which point Chibi gave me her water.
)
So be patient with me and I'll do the rest as soon as I can. Thanks for the help. Believe me... they know what a devoted base they have.

Wz.
The Army of the Universe answer to the last question was bloody hysterical because they started adding stuff to the "box." LOL.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
The Army of the Universe answer to the last question was bloody hysterical because they started adding stuff to the "box." LOL.
What do you mean by 'the box'? Crystal will be pleased with the reaction to the colouring book. :3

Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Red

I can't wait to read it! Thanks for including our questions
Old 05-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr!mson View Post
Agreed with cr!mson. Ta very much!

Old 05-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Oh My Cod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
What do you mean by 'the box'? Crystal will be pleased with the reaction to the colouring book. :3
I think he was referring to when he said:
"The last thing I asked was what they would hope someone would feel/think if a distant relative many years down the road found their discography with something to play it on in an old box in an attic."

Yes!! It made me so happy when the coloring book was mentioned and I thought how happy Crystal will be and how much she deserves that :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr!mson View Post
Same here! I'm so very happy an interviewer took interest in VP and some of the things said here. Really meant a lot!
Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 AM
Zombie Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera Doll View Post
From William Z:
Ok I've gotten about 10-15% of the interview transcribed. I'll do some more tonight. It was about 20 mins long. We talked about a bunch of stuff including the new CD, a couple of the new tracks that have been released, Pledgemusic, fan reaction vs. cultures and where they've toured, how fans suggest merch (Chibi loved the idea of a coloring book, by the way), the ending/beginning ideas with "One" and "Endless" and the oroboros, the number references 3s, 2s etc...themes of youth vs. adult on their albums... if there were songs too painful to play live, if music initially dictated what the subject matter was based on feelings evoked,
what happens to tracks cut from retail release recording sessions, softsynths vs. hardware, ...

Believe me... they know what a devoted base they have.
Omg, my question went through and Chibi loves the idea~!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

I'm so excited to read the interview! And I'm happy that they're aware of her bunny army. I think we stick together. Doesn't matter if some fill-in drummer posts some stupid ass shit. We won't go away. I think we're here to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
Crystal will be pleased with the reaction to the colouring book. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera Doll View Post
Yes!! It made me so happy when the coloring book was mentioned and I thought how happy Crystal will be and how much she deserves that :D
D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thanks for thinking of me, you two! I got so happy, I started crying and smiling. Thanks for saying that, Dolly *Hugs tightly and smiles* Love you!

Old 05-30-2017, 11:00 PM
Oh My Cod!

The interview is up now!!! Enjoy

https://noisebeneaththesnow.com/2017...m-in-st-louis/

He's asked me to include his e-mail if anyone would like to contact him: inwinterbleeding@hotmail.com

Last edited by Chimera Doll; 05-31-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:24 AM
Zombie Kitty

^ I'm already crying just clicking it! My question went through!

Edit: Is anyone else listening to the instrumental tracks of TBM while reading it?

Last edited by Plague Kitty; 05-31-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Red

Send a message via Skype™ to Satu

^ It's so amazing your question was answered! This interview was really nice, love their answers.

Signature made by Plague Kitty
DeviantArt | Tumblr |
Twitter