The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Black

I give up (for the moment). I've typed those words in a bazillion times and still am not able to get through. Time to take a walk.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Black

I GOT IT!!!!!

It had to do with enabling cookies. Can't wait to meet the band!!!!!

Nick Dube is a super happy man. December 2nd will mark a grand day for everything and anything TBM.

I can't wait to meet everyone!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Violet

Excuse me I have an other question do you know if I can buy the tickets using a stored-value card veirfied by Visa? Thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopo View Post
^ A prepaid or debit card? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, although that depends more on the card and the webstore than the band. Usually they work fine for me. You should try it and see if you get an error, then report back here if it works.
I'll try it, thanks, I'm going tomorrow to my bank xD
Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LullabyMassacre View Post
Excuse me I have an other question do you know if I can buy the tickets using a stored-value card veirfied by Visa? Thanks
I've done it before....worked fine.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Walking with Strangers

Send a message via Skype™ to wasteland

Woohoo! Secured 2 VIP packages for me and my friend at the VA show! So pumped!

EDIT: Both of the packages are under my name, but one of them is for my friend. The app I used to by them said, and I quote,

VIP Packages are non-transferable. The name in the billing information will be the name on the VIP list.

Is that gonna be a problem?
Entering the whirlpool."

Last edited by wasteland; 08-23-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Sugar And Filth

^^^ Was not a problem for us. it's the same as a restaurant booking, you basically just say "these chaps are with me"
Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Walking with Strangers

Send a message via Skype™ to wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzy View Post
^^^ Was not a problem for us. it's the same as a restaurant booking, you basically just say "these chaps are with me"
Ah, thanks. I figured it couldn't be that strict, but I just wanted to be sure.
Entering the whirlpool."

Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
You shall be fine! As see you in Virgina!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:30 PM
In the Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopo View Post
^ You should try it and see if you get an error, then report back here if it works.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Sugar And Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland View Post
no, I'd booked for me and 3 people and it was fine!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Black

Default What to expect at the Meet and Greet

I bought the VIP package for the show in Worcester, Massachusetts. I am super psyched both for the Meet and Greet and for the opportunity to get a spot close up front for the show.

I have some questions about the Meet and Greet. I've never done one before and I feel totally clueless about what to expect, and what the etiquette is. How exactly does it work? Is it like a receiving line like at a wedding, where you go down a line and meet each band member? Or is it just a free for all? Does everyone get a chance to speak one-on-one with band members or do you need to take initiative? Can you ask to take a picture at any time, or do they set aside a specific time for that. I would appreciate the perspective of some of you who have been to them before. The more details or anecdotes, the better! I feel like such a newbie. :P
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Demi-Human

C-can Netta buy at door? ; - ; Netta no has Paypal..

Live and die, live and die – as if in a dream
I just want to sleep
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Red Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cat Dave View Post
I bought the VIP package for the show in Worcester, Massachusetts. I am super psyched both for the Meet and Greet and for the opportunity to get a spot close up front for the show.

I have some questions about the Meet and Greet. I've never done one before and I feel totally clueless about what to expect, and what the etiquette is. How exactly does it work? Is it like a receiving line like at a wedding, where you go down a line and meet each band member? Or is it just a free for all? Does everyone get a chance to speak one-on-one with band members or do you need to take initiative? Can you ask to take a picture at any time, or do they set aside a specific time for that. I would appreciate the perspective of some of you who have been to them before. The more details or anecdotes, the better! I feel like such a newbie. :P
Good questions. I can only relate my experience with Lacuna Coil who I've done the meet and greet thing with a couple times.

What you say about getting a better chance for getting a spot close up to the front of the show is my main reason for getting a VIP. That's been the case with Lacuna Coil for me and it was well worth the price.

For TBM, I'd be surprised if the band didn't come out after the show and talk and sign stuff for people. They've pretty much confirmed that in their comments on Facebook, and it's pretty much just what they do. You won't need to buy a VIP if that's what you're really interested in.

What you describe as a receiving line like at a wedding, where you go down a line and meet each band member was what Lacuna Coil did. You can get stuff signed while doing this by each band member. Perhaps you have a favorite picture of a band member you'd like signed. That's what I did. Here you get a chance to say a few things to each member but only briefly. Then there was a opportunity for a picture with the whole band. But that's not guaranteed.

After that, it's a free for all and the most bold of the VIP buyer's are the one's that get to have conversations and take pictures. So take initiative. Think about what you'd say beforehand. Ask them anything, but I think if it comes down to a conversation like " you're music helped me through a difficult time in my life" and then you describe some really negative stuff that's happened to you, it'd be a buzz kill. So keep it kinda light. I think trying to jump into a serious conversation with someone about personal stuff is a bit awkward. But I'm sure it happens all the time to them. All the members of TBM seem to enjoy meeting the fans and I think they approach it as a part of their show.

As for taking pictures, I try and take pictures continually while the band is meeting people and then I offer to send my pictures to whoever I've shot talking to a band member. These sometimes come out pretty good because they're more candid than the posed shots. I think I'll print up a few cards with my e-mail address and give to people, and if they want copies of my pictures of them, they can contact me. This seems more efficient than trying to get people to give me their e-mail address. I also look around and see if anyone is alone and offer to use their camera to take pictures for them. Then they can do the same for you.

By the way, I've got a VIP also to that show at the Palladium. I'll be taking pictures of you.

I think getting a VIP for the upstairs in the Palladium is a good idea because that place is pretty narrow and it can be difficult to get up close.

The Birthday Massacre Enhanced Ticketless Bundles are $35 each and include:
-Access to Meet & Greet with The Birthday Massacre
-1 Hand Signed, Limited Edition Tour Poster
-1 Commemorative VIP Laminate

One thing I never figured out. What to do with that tour poster you get during the meet and greet. If you go put it in your car, you might very well miss that good chance getting up close. And if you keep it during the show, what do you do with it? Maybe take a cardboard tube to roll it up and stick it in.

Since I'm doing several VIPs, I'll have a few extras and I guess I'll give them away to whoever wants them at the shows.

Last edited by Ender; 09-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Sugar And Filth

@ Dave

Basically for us, last time we did meet and greet it was just the same as after the show when you chat to the, just minus the sweat! ;P

Actually we were taken inside and someone went to fetch the band, but while they were gone, Owen appeared and was like "are they letting people in already!!??" So we explained why we were there and he went off to to find the others and they all appeared moments later and we got stuff signed and had a chat about how utterly gross and sticky the floor was and how Chibi was jealous of our bacon picknic, and then we had a huge series of photos and were showed outside to join the front of the queue while they got changed and then we were let in first.

I'd booked the VIP because originally I'd thought we'd be running for last trains etc at the end of the show, but it turned out my friend was happy driving so we saw them after the show too!!