The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Violet

Default The Allure of the Birthday Massacre

Fair Greetings Rabbits and Bunnies,

What draws you to the music of the Birthday Massacre?

Cheers, Xiphius
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Violet

Oh man, in the last board, I got my head completely bitten off for saying this, but... it's the fact that they are completely unique.

I KNOW that they have a lot of influenced that show in their music, a lot of 80s flare and I know they are not the first band with a dreamy and synthy style.

HOWEVER,
the way that they project their own personal style along with the influenced music they have taken with them is unbelievable. It definitely helps that their strong fantastical image works as a unique visual to the style of music they perform.

It's one thing to sell a song, or an album, but they have a complete package. Everything is interesting and fresh, from their strong stage presence/performance, to their very unique and beautiful (even if sometimes sad, still beautiful) lyrics, to the dreamy synth-meets-rocking-guitars music, to the horror-meets fantasy image.

They are very good at standing out (and it can't hurt that they are all so incredibly good looking too...hehe, not that this point matters.)
Old 03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Violet

It is naive to think that another is not influenced by any other.. we are human after all . It's the sum and output that counts... I'll have your back, if need be, pikachu.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Video Kid

i think i posted this in another thread before, but mainly how their music os so dancable and rocking at the same time. also that they are so close to their fans. and the lyrics which sometimes have a pretty hidden meaning, i like that.
@kristi: cool you use that banner as a sig, makes me proud :D
(hey, would that be a valid piece of work for the contest although i sent it months back?!)

No more girl next door, actions with no remorse. ~ Ayria

^ Part of the zero bullshit tolerance policy.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Violet

The allure to me is the combination of the music and imagery... the use of subtly hits harder than in your face.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Violet

I have always enjoyed harder-edge electronic music. TBM stands out because of the strength of the songs themselves. There are a lot of other bands that have an electronic or industrial sound that I listen to whose lyrics are really hit or miss. TBM is pretty much spot on every time. I don't find myself wincing through some songs and wondering what they were thinking when they wrote it. It is a subjective thing, but the songs have a great deal of meaning for me.

The band is also good to their fans. They meet fans and hang out after the shows when they certainly don't have to. It's one more thing to look forward to when seeing them live.