The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Whatever happens to be on your mind...

Old 04-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Slutty Clown

Send a message via Skype™ to BlindMagLovett

"Yes, Clarissa thinks, it's time for the day to be over. We throw our parties; we abandon our families to live alone in Canada; we struggle to write books that do not change the world, despite our gifts and unstinting efforts, our most extravagant hopes. We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep--it's as simple and ordinary as that. A few jump out of windows or drown themselves or take pills; more die by accident; and most of us, the vast majority, are slowly devoured by some disease or, if we're very fortunate, by time itself. There's just this for consolation: an hour here or there when our lives seem, against all odds and expectations, to burst open and give us everything we've ever imagined, though everyone but children (and perhaps even they) knows these hours will inevitably be followed by others, far darker and more difficult. Still, we cherish the city, the morning; we hope, more than anything, for more.

Heaven only knows why we love it so."
~ The Hours by Michael Cunningham

She's got the looks that kill.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:36 AM
Oh My Cod!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:49 AM
Zombie Kitty

Scott Ferrell on my brother's view of Bandcamp:

Quote:
People having that attitude is the reason why there is so little good music coming out now. No one is going to want to dedicate their lives to making great music for free. Everything we get from bandcamp helps. We use it to buy equipment and even pay bills. Downloading illegally just makes artists want to throw in the towel
Beautifully and passionately said! :') And to top this baby off? I got an email from Kristy from the band The Azoic:

Quote:
Hi Crystal,

I just wanted to say thank you for recently purchasing several tracks from The Azoic on Bandcamp. It means a lot to me that people appreciate the music.

All the best!

Regards,
Kristy
3333333333333333333333 I knew it! =^.^= I fucking KNEW IT! I fucking knew I was directly supporting the artists! I just needed proof. And here it is! From both of them. I knew Bandcamp was legit! It's not wasted money after all. I'm just going to forget what my brother said and not feel one ounce of guilt about buying stuff on Bandcamp! :')

The witch is inside of me
Her poison will wash away the memory
Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague Kitty View Post
Scott Ferrell on my brother's view of Bandcamp:

Beautifully and passionately said! :') And to top this baby off? I got an email from Kristy from the band The Azoic:

3333333333333333333333 I knew it! =^.^= I fucking KNEW IT! I fucking knew I was directly supporting the artists! I just needed proof. And here it is! From both of them. I knew Bandcamp was legit! It's not wasted money after all. I'm just going to forget what my brother said and not feel one ounce of guilt about buying stuff on Bandcamp! :')
Plus, Bandcamp is supposed to be DRM free, which is excellent!

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 05-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Violet

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."
-Raylan Givens, Justified

I believe the above is also true of a great many things. Everyone likes to complain about stupid people, but the biggest idiots I ever met instantly dismiss everyone they meat as stupid.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Oh My Cod!

Old 11-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Jennerit

“I have loved to the point of madness; that which is called madness, that which to me, is the only sensible way to love.” - François Sagan