The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-03-2016, 07:04 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

ok now that you mention that about a web style app its something that prolly wouldnt last forever and it would bum me out unless it was mobile and i kept it on my phone FOREVER. but i think everything tbm does they tend to make permanent and wouldnt want to dissapoint fans in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-06-2016, 04:56 PM
DoomScarf's Avatar
DoomScarf DoomScarf is offline
Walking with Strangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massacrechusetts
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
ok now that you mention that about a web style app its something that prolly wouldnt last forever and it would bum me out unless it was mobile and i kept it on my phone FOREVER. but i think everything tbm does they tend to make permanent and wouldnt want to dissapoint fans in the long run.
Yeah, I was super happy to see the (complete!) Nothing & Nowhere website stuck up on archive.org for that reason. (I know there are a couple archived places to see the website but they have missing elements to them - like the Easter Eggs, don't they?) Have there been a few different versions of the N&N website? I can't remember when I first visited the site but I don't remember seeing any downloads available there for their songs like Horror Show, Blue etc...
__________________

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 09-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-06-2016, 08:54 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

i couldnt say because i never experienced the original nothing and nowhere website. if only i discovered TBM in that era .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-11-2016, 03:44 AM
Plague Kitty's Avatar
Plague Kitty Plague Kitty is offline
Persephone
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Where I go hauntingly, within the depths of a darkened forest
Posts: 9,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
but lets make this more interesting..how about what type of videogame? a FPS? a sidescroller? an RPG? what type of videogame would you all think it will be? im thinking a third person like alice. and i cant stop thinking of a purple atmosphere with checkered floors.
Yeah, I'm thinking Alice as well (nothing is gonna change my mind about that )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
oh. also..do yall prefer console or mobile? :P
Console but it would be very cool if it was on mobile as well! :D I'm thinking Limited Edition Package or something ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
oh man! thats true a physical copy would be a great addition to my collection. especially if they release a soundtrack to the game separately which i hope would also be a physical copy. this is exciting and i hope it becomes a reality.
Yassssssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
Yeah, I was super happy to see the (complete!) Nothing & Nowhere website stuck up on archive.org for that reason. (I know there are a couple archived places to see the website but they have missing elements to them - like the Easter Eggs, don't they?) Have there been a few different versions of the N&N website? I can't remember when I first visited the site but I don't remember seeing any downloads available there for their songs like Horror Show, Blue etc...
I can answer this because I was in that era (not showing off just stating that I was present for that). Yes, they're missing the Easter Eggs. And to my knowledge, there is only one (well, not anymore besides the archived). But yeah, I don't remember seeing that either O.o And I clicked everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeeee when I was on that site in 2007
__________________

The waning moon sets to rest
Withering a night sky to a zombie grey light
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Marionetta's Avatar
Marionetta Marionetta is offline
Demi-Human
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Internet
Posts: 8,599
Default

American McGee has a style you can't exactly copy or use something from or EVERYONE will know you ripped it off. *eyes narrow*
I'm not sure if they have the funds to create a video game, except maybe make a music video or soundtrack for one. Personally, I'd rather like a video game based around their albums, but the budget for a full-length game is pretty huge and there's no promise it wouldn't turn out badly or be completely passed over by the mainstream market.
A console game is pricey to create, so I'm assuming if they did create a game, it would be on Steam for download.
__________________

Live and die, live and die ľ as if in a dream
I just want to sleep

Last edited by Marionetta; 09-12-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-12-2016, 03:21 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

i dont mind a steam game. after all bloodstained: ritual of the night is going to be on steam and im really looking forward to that one. but who knows it could just be a cheap little mobile app OR could actually be a soundtrack which isnt hard to make. rainbow and falcore do remixes all the time. they just remixed "hillside" by the lost children so i dont see an issue making a soundtrack. hell the developer might even be funding the production. the answer will come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-12-2016, 04:02 PM
DoomScarf's Avatar
DoomScarf DoomScarf is offline
Walking with Strangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massacrechusetts
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
i dont mind a steam game. after all bloodstained: ritual of the night is going to be on steam and im really looking forward to that one. but who knows it could just be a cheap little mobile app OR could actually be a soundtrack which isnt hard to make. rainbow and falcore do remixes all the time. they just remixed "hillside" by the lost children so i dont see an issue making a soundtrack. hell the developer might even be funding the production. the answer will come soon enough.
Where did they say they remixed "Hillside"?
__________________

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-12-2016, 07:25 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

http://music.lost-children.com/track...massacre-remix
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Chimera Doll's Avatar
Chimera Doll Chimera Doll is offline
Oh My Cod!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hollyweird
Posts: 17,077
Default

Omg...

Listening to that right now, love their remixes so much!!

Thank you for sharing this :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-12-2016, 08:28 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

yea it was a suggested post on my facebook for weeks lol
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Chimera Doll's Avatar
Chimera Doll Chimera Doll is offline
Oh My Cod!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hollyweird
Posts: 17,077
Default

Oh cool! Was wondering how you knew of it :D thought I missed an update or something
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2016, 08:41 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

i wonder if TBM is getting royalties from it? wont make much tho since the song is only $1. then again i think its on spotify. streaming has become very friendly to the music industry lol
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 PM
DoomScarf's Avatar
DoomScarf DoomScarf is offline
Walking with Strangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massacrechusetts
Posts: 931
Default

Aaaand they posted an update on Facebook regarding the vidya game:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBirthday...54368794114039
__________________

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-29-2016, 03:42 PM
AdamThing's Avatar
AdamThing AdamThing is offline
Red Stars
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pa, USA
Posts: 805
Default

yea i noticed. pretty cool! im never going to play the game though lol. not a fan of sporting games but its still a really effin cool thing for tbm to be apart of. kinda like opening doors to a new medium. they might even get involved in another game..or a cartoon or possibly a animated movie oneday(animated is just how i see tbm fits)..but who knows im just glad their music is worth being involved into bigger opportunities than just festivals here and there although the festivals are always exciting as well.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-29-2016, 04:39 PM
DoomScarf's Avatar
DoomScarf DoomScarf is offline
Walking with Strangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massacrechusetts
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
yea i noticed. pretty cool! im never going to play the game though lol. not a fan of sporting games but its still a really effin cool thing for tbm to be apart of. kinda like opening doors to a new medium. they might even get involved in another game..or a cartoon or possibly a animated movie oneday(animated is just how i see tbm fits)..but who knows im just glad their music is worth being involved into bigger opportunities than just festivals here and there although the festivals are always exciting as well.
Yeah, can't see myself playing it either. Not entirely out of the question though. As always I hope this brings them some exposure to new fans. I also hope they get to do something similar with some other games, or better yet a (mainstream) film. I would truly love if they get a song featured in a silverscreen film - that ended up being a blockbuster. Exposure galore.
__________________

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.