The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Red Stars

ok now that you mention that about a web style app its something that prolly wouldnt last forever and it would bum me out unless it was mobile and i kept it on my phone FOREVER. but i think everything tbm does they tend to make permanent and wouldnt want to dissapoint fans in the long run.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
ok now that you mention that about a web style app its something that prolly wouldnt last forever and it would bum me out unless it was mobile and i kept it on my phone FOREVER. but i think everything tbm does they tend to make permanent and wouldnt want to dissapoint fans in the long run.
Yeah, I was super happy to see the (complete!) Nothing & Nowhere website stuck up on archive.org for that reason. (I know there are a couple archived places to see the website but they have missing elements to them - like the Easter Eggs, don't they?) Have there been a few different versions of the N&N website? I can't remember when I first visited the site but I don't remember seeing any downloads available there for their songs like Horror Show, Blue etc...

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 09-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Red Stars

i couldnt say because i never experienced the original nothing and nowhere website. if only i discovered TBM in that era .
Old 09-11-2016, 03:44 AM
Persephone

Location: Where I go hauntingly, within the depths of a darkened forest

Quote:
but lets make this more interesting..how about what type of videogame? a FPS? a sidescroller? an RPG? what type of videogame would you all think it will be? im thinking a third person like alice. and i cant stop thinking of a purple atmosphere with checkered floors.
Yeah, I'm thinking Alice as well (nothing is gonna change my mind about that )!

Quote:
oh. also..do yall prefer console or mobile? :P
Console but it would be very cool if it was on mobile as well! :D I'm thinking Limited Edition Package or something ^^;

Quote:
oh man! thats true a physical copy would be a great addition to my collection. especially if they release a soundtrack to the game separately which i hope would also be a physical copy. this is exciting and i hope it becomes a reality.
Yassssssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
Yeah, I was super happy to see the (complete!) Nothing & Nowhere website stuck up on archive.org for that reason. (I know there are a couple archived places to see the website but they have missing elements to them - like the Easter Eggs, don't they?) Have there been a few different versions of the N&N website? I can't remember when I first visited the site but I don't remember seeing any downloads available there for their songs like Horror Show, Blue etc...
I can answer this because I was in that era (not showing off just stating that I was present for that). Yes, they're missing the Easter Eggs. And to my knowledge, there is only one (well, not anymore besides the archived). But yeah, I don't remember seeing that either O.o And I clicked everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeeee when I was on that site in 2007

The waning moon sets to rest
Withering a night sky to a zombie grey light
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Old 09-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Demi-Human

American McGee has a style you can't exactly copy or use something from or EVERYONE will know you ripped it off. *eyes narrow*
I'm not sure if they have the funds to create a video game, except maybe make a music video or soundtrack for one. Personally, I'd rather like a video game based around their albums, but the budget for a full-length game is pretty huge and there's no promise it wouldn't turn out badly or be completely passed over by the mainstream market.
A console game is pricey to create, so I'm assuming if they did create a game, it would be on Steam for download.

Live and die, live and die ľ as if in a dream
I just want to sleep

Last edited by Marionetta; 09-12-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Red Stars

i dont mind a steam game. after all bloodstained: ritual of the night is going to be on steam and im really looking forward to that one. but who knows it could just be a cheap little mobile app OR could actually be a soundtrack which isnt hard to make. rainbow and falcore do remixes all the time. they just remixed "hillside" by the lost children so i dont see an issue making a soundtrack. hell the developer might even be funding the production. the answer will come soon enough.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
i dont mind a steam game. after all bloodstained: ritual of the night is going to be on steam and im really looking forward to that one. but who knows it could just be a cheap little mobile app OR could actually be a soundtrack which isnt hard to make. rainbow and falcore do remixes all the time. they just remixed "hillside" by the lost children so i dont see an issue making a soundtrack. hell the developer might even be funding the production. the answer will come soon enough.
Where did they say they remixed "Hillside"?

Old 09-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Red Stars

http://music.lost-children.com/track...massacre-remix
Old 09-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Oh My Cod!

Omg...

Listening to that right now, love their remixes so much!!

Thank you for sharing this :3
Old 09-12-2016, 08:28 PM
Red Stars

yea it was a suggested post on my facebook for weeks lol
Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Oh My Cod!

Oh cool! Was wondering how you knew of it :D thought I missed an update or something
Old 09-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Red Stars

i wonder if TBM is getting royalties from it? wont make much tho since the song is only $1. then again i think its on spotify. streaming has become very friendly to the music industry lol
Old 11-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Walking with Strangers

Aaaand they posted an update on Facebook regarding the vidya game:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBirthday...54368794114039

Old 11-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Red Stars

yea i noticed. pretty cool! im never going to play the game though lol. not a fan of sporting games but its still a really effin cool thing for tbm to be apart of. kinda like opening doors to a new medium. they might even get involved in another game..or a cartoon or possibly a animated movie oneday(animated is just how i see tbm fits)..but who knows im just glad their music is worth being involved into bigger opportunities than just festivals here and there although the festivals are always exciting as well.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:39 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
yea i noticed. pretty cool! im never going to play the game though lol. not a fan of sporting games but its still a really effin cool thing for tbm to be apart of. kinda like opening doors to a new medium. they might even get involved in another game..or a cartoon or possibly a animated movie oneday(animated is just how i see tbm fits)..but who knows im just glad their music is worth being involved into bigger opportunities than just festivals here and there although the festivals are always exciting as well.
Yeah, can't see myself playing it either. Not entirely out of the question though. As always I hope this brings them some exposure to new fans. I also hope they get to do something similar with some other games, or better yet a (mainstream) film. I would truly love if they get a song featured in a silverscreen film - that ended up being a blockbuster. Exposure galore.