The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Prologue

Prologue Welcome! If you are new to the band or this board, post your introductions here!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Violet

Default Hello :) (FlyingRabbit)

I've been lurking here every so often since I just discovered TBM and this board has been a good source of information.

Actually, I have an ulterior motive for posting: a couple of stupid questions. I have an opportunity to see TBM when they play near my city next month. What kind of age range do you see at their shows? I'm probably about twice the age of the youngest people who post here and I'm wondering if I'll get to the concert only to have a lot of people younger than I am looking at me funny and wondering what the old guy is doing there.

Also, most of the groups I see live will sometimes do a VIP package. Since TBM doesn't do this, what is the best way of meeting the band?

I should probably be posting this on the Tours thread but I don't want to cut into a conversation there.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

FR
Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Black

The age range varies, in all honesty, and you shouldn't even let your age bother you because you know you're there to see the band play right? I think everyone appreciates the fact that it isn't all just younger people at shows but really I doubt anyone is going to look at you funny. If they do then that's their problem, age is just a number after all. And you shouldn't worry about it, just be there to enjoy the music and have a good time

And welcome to the board
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey, Assbutt!

Send a message via MSN to Kizztronice

Hello and welcome to the boards!

Kirsty is right, the age range does vary. I've been to a few shows and seen kids as young as 10 to adults in their 50's etc. My mum went to a show with me last year (44) and she freaked out thinking she would be the only older person in a mass sea of younglings but she wasnt =]

As for meeting the band, try hanging around inside the venue as long as possible, most of the members especially Chibi meets alot of fans pretty much straight after the shows, they have alot of time for their fans even if you catch them outside the venue too.

Last edited by Kizztronice; 07-31-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Violet

Thanks for the advice, ladies.

No, I shouldn't worry about that kind of thing, I just didn't want to seem out of place. It looks like they put on a great show and will definitely worth the drive to Dallas.