The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > More Music

More Music Discuss artists and bands, old and new.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Dark_Spiral's Avatar
Dark_Spiral Dark_Spiral is offline
No.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 13,515
Default

The 1975- Heart Out

He sang: And once we started having friends 'round, you created a television of your mouth.
I heard: And once you started having friendzoned, you created a television of your mouth.

Me: …that doesn't even make sense.

Dragonette- Goldrush

She sang: My hand's in your pocket, my number's in your wallet...
I heard: Mayans in your pocket, my number's in your wallet...

That one plagued me forever.

Angelspit- Cut Sick

He sang: Cut sick, (a clean line), harlot, (chest down), splicing...
I heard: Cut sick, (a clean line), harlot (chest gel), splicing...

Alternate versions include 'chest hair' and 'chest him'.

Social Distortion- Machine Gun Blues

He sang: I left a pool of blood and sorrow, I got the machine gun blues...
I heard: I left a pool of blood and sago, I got the machine gun blues...

Me: A pool of *sago*? Why would you want to leave a pool of sago?
__________________
Green is not a creative colour.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Dark_Spiral's Avatar
Dark_Spiral Dark_Spiral is offline
No.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 13,515
Default

John Cena- The Time Is Now

He rapped: You'll never catch me in the next man's sweater...
I heard: You'll never catch me with your Mexican swag...

I had no idea either.
__________________
Green is not a creative colour.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-06-2014, 07:54 AM
Dark_Spiral's Avatar
Dark_Spiral Dark_Spiral is offline
No.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 13,515
Default

Jimi Hendrix, 'Foxy Lady'

He sang: You've got to be all mine, all mine
I heard: You've got to be all man, all man

Me: ...*head tilt* Huh.
__________________
Green is not a creative colour.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-19-2015, 08:49 AM
Plague Kitty's Avatar
Plague Kitty Plague Kitty is offline
Persephone
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: With my Queen Of The Underworld, Chelsea Wolfe (Hades)
Posts: 9,003
Default

Real lyrics: 'Cause the kiss is in the chemicals
What I thought: 'Cause the kiss is in the catacombs

The Romanovs~Kiss


X////X

I've been singing that for 2 weeks in my head. Until I just looked at the lyrics for real.

I think...I'm still gonna sing "catacombs". Sounds more....ahem! Dark, vampiric and somehow strangely romantic >:3

*Shrugs*
__________________

We can our home dreams of endless landscapes
I made you Queen and this will be ours
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-18-2015, 03:20 PM
BlindMagLovett's Avatar
BlindMagLovett BlindMagLovett is offline
The Mental Minx
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Whispering Rock
Posts: 16,065
Send a message via Skype™ to BlindMagLovett
Default

I Want Love (Studio Mix) from Silent Hill 4

Real lyrics:
And this Swiss cheese heart knows
Only kindness can fill its holes

What I heard:
And the Swiss cheese is gross
And the guy that can fell dispose

Needless to say, I knew from the beginning something was a little off. LOL
__________________
I'll dance while I'm drowning.

Dance with me in black rainbows.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-18-2015, 05:47 PM
bod's Avatar
bod bod is offline
MCMLXXXIV
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: With darkholiday, formerly Cymru
Posts: 3,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Spiral View Post
The 1975- Heart Out

He sang: And once we started having friends 'round, you created a television of your mouth.
I heard: And once you started having friendzoned, you created a television of your mouth.

Me: …that doesn't even make sense.

Dragonette- Goldrush

She sang: My hand's in your pocket, my number's in your wallet...
I heard: Mayans in your pocket, my number's in your wallet...

That one plagued me forever.

Angelspit- Cut Sick

He sang: Cut sick, (a clean line), harlot, (chest down), splicing...
I heard: Cut sick, (a clean line), harlot (chest gel), splicing...

Alternate versions include 'chest hair' and 'chest him'.

Social Distortion- Machine Gun Blues

He sang: I left a pool of blood and sorrow, I got the machine gun blues...
I heard: I left a pool of blood and sago, I got the machine gun blues...

Me: A pool of *sago*? Why would you want to leave a pool of sago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Spiral View Post
John Cena- The Time Is Now

He rapped: You'll never catch me in the next man's sweater...
I heard: You'll never catch me with your Mexican swag...

I had no idea either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Spiral View Post
Jimi Hendrix, 'Foxy Lady'

He sang: You've got to be all mine, all mine
I heard: You've got to be all man, all man

Me: ...*head tilt* Huh.
These are for you

__________________

Your unfriendly neighbourhood Spider-bod

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Dark_Spiral's Avatar
Dark_Spiral Dark_Spiral is offline
No.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 13,515
Default

^ Ha ha ha.

The 1975- Love Me

He sang: And love me! If that's what you wanna do, oh!
I heard: And love me! If that's what you wanna do, whore!

Me: Damn, Matty, what the fuck did I ever do to you?


Lana Del Rey- High By The Beach

She sang: Loving you is hard, being here is harder, you take the wheel
I heard: Loving you is hard, being here is harder, you take the whale

I maintain that this one was not my fault. She pronounced it weird.
__________________
Green is not a creative colour.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-09-2016, 11:30 AM
bod's Avatar
bod bod is offline
MCMLXXXIV
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: With darkholiday, formerly Cymru
Posts: 3,753
Default

There's a Biffy Clyro song where he says

'What are you staring at, is it our souls?'

but it sounds like

'...is it arseholes?'
__________________

Your unfriendly neighbourhood Spider-bod

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-19-2016, 06:41 PM
BlindMagLovett's Avatar
BlindMagLovett BlindMagLovett is offline
The Mental Minx
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Whispering Rock
Posts: 16,065
Send a message via Skype™ to BlindMagLovett
Default

Shallow Grave by TBM

Real Lyrics:
She wears a dress like a bodybag, every day

What I Heard:
She wears a dress like a bunny, babe, every day

I'm a little ashamed to admit that it's only within the last few months that I realized this was wrong....somehow it seems to fit. Kind of. But I still couldn't figure out how the hell a bunny dress fit into anything.
__________________
I'll dance while I'm drowning.

Dance with me in black rainbows.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-26-2016, 05:23 AM
Plague Kitty's Avatar
Plague Kitty Plague Kitty is offline
Persephone
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: With my Queen Of The Underworld, Chelsea Wolfe (Hades)
Posts: 9,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Spiral View Post
Lana Del Rey- High By The Beach

She sang: Loving you is hard, being here is harder, you take the wheel
I heard: Loving you is hard, being here is harder, you take the whale

I maintain that this one was not my fault. She pronounced it weird.
I know, right? Mine is:

What she really says: Lay me down tonight, Riviera girls
What I've been singing in my head since I first heard it: Lay me down tonight, with the air of girls

X///////////X Omg...
__________________

We can our home dreams of endless landscapes
I made you Queen and this will be ours
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-03-2016, 04:52 PM
DoomScarf's Avatar
DoomScarf DoomScarf is offline
Walking with Strangers
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massacrechusetts
Posts: 906
Default

I don't know what song it was, so don't know what the original lyrics were. All I know is in the kitchen on the radio was a song where I thought that one of the lyrics were "open up your ass".

(I'm guessing the original lyrics were "open up your eyes".)
__________________

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 08-03-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.