The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Ghost blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Becomes a Ghost View Post
^ Thank you for that comment. I'm laughing so hard right now.
Any time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine a Whisper View Post
On another note what is the best way to get tickets? since it is a half day drive I'd kind of like to get them ahead of time but I'm not sure that's how they work. VIP would be awesome, and if someone has a thread about that I would appreciate the url greatly
Definitely buy a ticket beforehand, either on ticketmaster or the venue's website. At normal TBM shows you can usually get away with buying a ticket at the door, but since Emilie is co-headlining, I wouldn't be surprised if the show sold out. Actually it probably will. Haven't heard any word yet on how to get VIP tickets but I'm sure someone will post a link on here when it becomes available.

Hey bod, fancy taking a trip east before thanksgiving? Hehe.
I've got the strangest feeling/this isn't our first time around
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
No.

This entire thing feels kinda wrong, not because I object to EA, but more because I think the styles will clash. EA does orchestral music with violins and harpsichords. TBM are a synth-rock band. EA's tours are more like stage shows, TBM just play the songs. And as far as I know, TBM aren't in the habit of regularly involving themselves in lesbian three-ways. *le shrug* Two plus two does not equal five, and I don't care what Radiohead says.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Oh My Cod!

I was excited hearing about this, I think they look good touring together, haha.

Looove that tour poster. PURDY!

Darky's gotta point though, I'm curious as to how it's all going to look and play out.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Ghost blood

I agree Darky. Their styles are so different, I feel like they'll be 'competing' for the true "headlining" spot, if you know what I mean.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Red

Oh no! No california date It would be a dream to see these two live together! It would be my first time seeing emilie live. Hopefully they come to the west coast :,(
Old 10-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Ghost blood

^ I know California gets no love and even more that bod will be here soon cause it would be awesome to get to go to this show together! .....early honeymoon????
Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Zombie Kitty

I wish they did a show together for Los Angeles, CA

'Cause the night is your woman
And she'll set you free
DeviantArt
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Violet

Cleveland tix go on sale October 11 at 10am EDT! No info about VIP yet, but I think I heard there's going to be separate ones?
Old 10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Black

Send a message via Skype™ to Imagine a Whisper

Their facebook said as much
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Walking with Strangers

absolutely no possible way for me to get to chicago. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 AM
No.

Lest we all get rebuked like last time, if anyone from TBM is reading this, please understand that I'm not bashing EA. I just don't think it'll work. But it's your tour, so you go do what you like. Go blow some shit up or whatever you guys do with your spare time.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Total Clarity

Dyssy has come back just to say, my girlfriend and I are going to the Cleveland show. All of you should show up too.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Red

I have to agree that the combination of TBM and EA feels rather... awkward. After hearing the news of the tour, I took it upon myself to watch an entire EA concert on youtube (the L.A. show from earlier this year). I felt very weird watching the whole thing. EA live is clearly for a mostly different audience. I was asking myself who is playing the instruments. From what I could tell, no one. EA still sings the songs herself, and there were very few minutes of her playing the violin and piano. Other than that, it's basically a burlesque show. I am not hating on her style, yet I fear the crossover of fan base, especially for the live performances, is not as large as some people may believe. Obviously, this could likely also be the reasoning for the co-headlining tour, to increase each others fan base. I am hoping that EA will change the style of their show to be more "compatible" with TBM's style of simply kicking ass as a more traditional concert performance.

Anyways, I neglected to see TBM in Toronto this past August due to travel costs, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be travelling to their Nov 29 show in Toronto and getting VIP.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Red Stars

Blerg. No way I can make it to either Chicago or Cleveland.
Lameeee. If the whole tour schedule had just been reversed....

I hardly think I can convince my mom for a Thanksgiving trip to Toronto, and the engine would probably fall out of my car before I got there if I tried to drive myself.....

Oh well. Next time. (As sad as it makes me, first time missing a TBM tour in 6 years.....) Damn responsibilities.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:29 PM
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
I have to agree that the combination of TBM and EA feels rather... awkward. After hearing the news of the tour, I took it upon myself to watch an entire EA concert on youtube (the L.A. show from earlier this year). I felt very weird watching the whole thing. EA live is clearly for a mostly different audience. I was asking myself who is playing the instruments. From what I could tell, no one. EA still sings the songs herself, and there were very few minutes of her playing the violin and piano. Other than that, it's basically a burlesque show. I am not hating on her style, yet I fear the crossover of fan base, especially for the live performances, is not as large as some people may believe. Obviously, this could likely also be the reasoning for the co-headlining tour, to increase each others fan base. I am hoping that EA will change the style of their show to be more "compatible" with TBM's style of simply kicking ass as a more traditional concert performance.

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I saw her a few years ago, she did play the harpsichord and violin a bit more, but the styles won't mix well. IIRC, there were actually quite a few TBM fans on the Asylum board, so there's always that.