The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Prologue

Prologue Welcome! If you are new to the band or this board, post your introductions here!

Old 09-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Unfamiliar

Talking Hi everyone!!!!

Hello there, everyone!! I'm Jess, and I'm "new" to the board (joined last year, just haven't ever posted anything). TBM is and has been my favorite band since 2008 when I first discovered them when they opened for MSI at the Webster in Hartford, CT. I was lucky enough to meet them at the Fete Ballroom during their tour in 2015 and they were quite possibly the nicest band I have ever met. My favorite memory is that Chibi kept sniffing me and saying I smelt good because I smelt like baby powder, which to this day makes me crack up. That and group sandwich hugs. I also scored a studio spot with their pledge campaign so I'm definitely excited for that. Outside of TBM, I'm fairly artsy, like a wide array of music. love being outdoors, reading, tea, road trips, and traveling. I don't really know what else to say about me but I look forward to "meeting" you all and being a part of this community
Old 09-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Walking with Strangers

Thumbs up

Welcome to the forum. It's great to see another new member here - boards aren't as active as they once were (probably due to Facebook rendering places like this obsolete.)

They are genuinely lovely people. I'll be seeing them again soon for their UK tour. Congratulations on the studio spot, I vowed to grab a spot next time they do a Pledge Campaign.

Have you listened to all their stuff? Got a favourite album? I recently got a friend/co-worker into them. They've only listened to the Superstition album but are hooked (was hoping they'd come to the concert with me but unfortunately short notice will make it impossible.)

What art stuff are you into? I'd like to get back to being arty, my creativity is rather anaemic right now.

Also, I read your interests as "reading tea" wat.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 09-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Red Stars

welcome! we're happy to have you with us! thx for sharing your story. i wish i discovered tbm in 2008! jelly.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Unfamiliar

i'd have to say my favorite albums are a tie between Violet and Pins and Needles, although it's tough to really pick. My favorite song has stayed Lovers End through all these years. I'm really looking forward to seeing what their new album brings us. What about you, what is your favorite? How many times have you seen the band live?

I'm really into writing. I used to do a lot of creative writing, stories and poems. Haven't done it in quite some time though. And I love to draw. I used to have a sketchbook full of different works but also really haven't done it as much as I'd like lately.

HAHAHA! reading & tea. otherwise it sounds like I like reading boxes of tea for fun
Old 09-10-2016, 08:38 PM
Unfamiliar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
welcome! we're happy to have you with us! thx for sharing your story. i wish i discovered tbm in 2008! jelly.
Thank you for the welcome! I got lucky. I almost missed their set because I was running late to the show. SO happy that didn't happen.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Walking with Strangers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itskindastellar View Post
i'd have to say my favorite albums are a tie between Violet and Pins and Needles, although it's tough to really pick. My favorite song has stayed Lovers End through all these years. I'm really looking forward to seeing what their new album brings us. What about you, what is your favorite? How many times have you seen the band live?

I'm really into writing. I used to do a lot of creative writing, stories and poems. Haven't done it in quite some time though. And I love to draw. I used to have a sketchbook full of different works but also really haven't done it as much as I'd like lately.

HAHAHA! reading & tea. otherwise it sounds like I like reading boxes of tea for fun
Fave song - The Dream (both versions). Fave albums are Violet, Walking With Strangers and Superstition. It's hard to pick though as they're all closely loved (they're one of those 'love every song' band for me, other being Gorillaz.)

I've seen the band live once when they came to the UK. They were so sweet to me. Gave me free merch as I had no money. I'd pirated all their stuff at that point and felt bad and now I have a job I am eager to support them. (See here: http://board.violetprison.com/showth...=3&page=29#422*)

I assume you've heard of their Pledge campaign?

*not the original thread I was thinking of but it's still relevant.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 09-11-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Oh My Cod!

Send a message via Skype™ to Clear Vision

Hiyaaa Jess, welcome aboard. hope you have a great time on the thread! :D

Old 09-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Oh My Cod!

Hiya Jess and welcome to VP!!!

Oh yay, I also became a fan in 2008 too! Heard them in the Never Wanted To Dance remix and instantly loved their sound. It's so wonderful that you got to meet them and have special memories from those moments ^.^

Very happy to see a new member, I definitely hope to see you around here more!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Demi-Human

Hiya. o w o

Live and die, live and die – as if in a dream
I just want to sleep