The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:09 AM
Persephone

Location: With my Queen Of The Underworld, Chelsea Wolfe (Hades)
Default Chibi's weight :) (Comes from a very positive place-no bashing)

I'm happy with Chibi whatever size she is but seeing as she's gained a bit of weight, it makes me (personally) happy I'm also overweight and the female singers that I like are really skinny (only ones I know is Jennifer from Tearwave and Victoria from Claire Voyant that are not...skinny) and to see Chibi not so skinny like them (more kinda like me :3) , it makes me especially happy. I don't know if anyone else feels like this? Lol Maybe I shouldn't have started a thread but I just wanted to shed some positive light on that.

Btw, I love that she mentioned Burger King in an interview with Live In Limbo. Fangirled and I don't know why :3 Maybe some of you think I shouldn't have put her on the spotlight but I just wanted to share how I feel about that. Which is entirely positive! ❤ Please no bashing :/

We can our home dreams of endless landscapes
I made you Queen and this will be ours
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Old 10-21-2016, 01:45 AM
Red Stars

I think she just looks good in general. burger king is gross tho. i think she is beautiful naturally no matter skinny or some meat on the bone. i also think it comes with age. the woman is going to be 40 next year lol.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:56 AM
Blue

40 and still rockin'....! I don't think these things are mentioned much. But it's also okay. I think the name "Chibi" is also a form for short, animated character as well, anyway. Hence the name for Chibi TBM!

I know that in the music world, especially rock, seems to be about image for some reason, especially against women. I love Sarah Jezebel Deva. She did lose some weight after Cradle of Filth, which she also had a lot of criticism for. She also formed her own band. She has taken some time off, although she still has performed backing vocals for some bands recently. She's also had a baby and going through personal issues. Nonetheless, she's also making another album.

Female musicians bare the brunt of criticism for their size, image and vocals in general.

Furthermore, some band members seem to gain a little weight sometimes from touring. Sometimes they even burn it off from jumping, running and climbing on stage. I know that Cruxshadows' Rogue likes Taco Bell, so takeout can seem very convenient when on the road a lot. It's the nature of the biz. Even though Alice Cooper is aging, I still would like to see him if he comes around again to hear that Teenage Frankenstein.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Midnight

I agree that it is nice to see women who aren't super skinny in the music industry let alone the entertainment industry. I'm overweight (I'm doing some dieting and exercise because I want to be healthier) and I've always been a bigger girl (I weighed 180 my freshman year in high school and weigh 238 at the moment). She proves that you don't have to be super skinny to be beautiful.

Chibi is a very pretty woman!
Old 10-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Red Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmbrds View Post
40 and still rockin'....! I don't think these things are mentioned much. But it's also okay. I think the name "Chibi" is also a form for short, animated character as well, anyway. Hence the name for Chibi TBM!
To be honest, I think she looks considerably younger than 40, late 20s-early 30s - and that's without the makeup.

And yeah, regarding her stage name, Chibi liked anime a lot when she was younger. Don't think she's into it much now though.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 11-07-2016, 08:16 AM
Demi-Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
I think she just looks good in general. burger king is gross tho. i think she is beautiful naturally no matter skinny or some meat on the bone. i also think it comes with age. the woman is going to be 40 next year lol.
Nothing from Burger King is edible. It's discount McDonald's, basically. Their entire basis was to copy McDonald's. That's kinda how they started.

Anyway, weight is not my primary concern with a singer, so I don't mind Chibi's weight. She is getting older, so she's not going to be losing weight as easily.

Live and die, live and die ľ as if in a dream
I just want to sleep
Old 11-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Red Stars

not trying to be sexist but it seems alot of women have a hard time losing weight even with exercise. is it a metabolism thing or does it really come with age? i know dudes that eat like pigs and dont gain an ounce. another factor that confuses me is that chibi is on this beer meat and cheese diet so that must affect her weight because i read in an old interview she was eating vegetarian and did stuff for peta. hm..oh well. people change? *shrugs*
Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 PM
Red Stars

Quote:
not trying to be sexist but it seems alot of women have a hard time losing weight even with exercise. is it a metabolism thing or does it really come with age? i know dudes that eat like pigs and dont gain an ounce. another factor that confuses me is that chibi is on this beer meat and cheese diet so that must affect her weight because i read in an old interview she was eating vegetarian and did stuff for peta. hm..oh well. people change? *shrugs*
Where was that interview? I recall reading on the Wiki about them talking with PETA about something...I'm assuming that's the same interview we're talking about here? Maybe she learned what liars and hypocrites PETA are.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:48 AM
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
To be honest, I think she looks considerably younger than 40, late 20s-early 30s - and that's without the makeup.

And yeah, regarding her stage name, Chibi liked anime a lot when she was younger. Don't think she's into it much now though.
I agree she does look younger than 40. I was just going based on the OP's projection of 40 and following post.

I doubt she's much into it too. As we get older though, we sometimes visit our past out of nostalgia. I find that floating through some of TBM's songs. Either way, the name "Chibi" fits; as it means "animated, short." She's animated during her shows.

Quote:
Where was that interview? I recall reading on the Wiki about them talking with PETA about something...I'm assuming that's the same interview we're talking about here? Maybe she learned what liars and hypocrites PETA are.
Not sure where I heard about PETA, either. I know they did a theme song for one of WWE's women wrestlers. I also remember looking at a YouTube video tour of their bus and there were a few vegetarian products in the fridge. I wondered whose they were because that was also cool. I also agree that PETA are hypocrites, coming from a vegetarian.

Last edited by tbmbrds; 11-20-2016 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:39 AM
Persephone

Location: With my Queen Of The Underworld, Chelsea Wolfe (Hades)

She looks really great for a 40 year old. ❤ She must have Elvira's genes

We can our home dreams of endless landscapes
I made you Queen and this will be ours
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Old 11-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Red Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmbrds View Post
I agree she does look younger than 40. I was just going based on the OP's projection of 40 and following post.

I doubt she's much into it too. As we get older though, we sometimes visit our past out of nostalgia. I find that floating through some of TBM's songs. Either way, the name "Chibi" fits; as it means "animated, short." She's animated during her shows.

Not sure where I heard about PETA, either. I know they did a theme song for one of WWE's women wrestlers. I also remember looking at a YouTube video tour of their bus and there were a few vegetarian products in the fridge. I wondered whose they were because that was also cool. I also agree that PETA are hypocrites, coming from a vegetarian.
The WWE wrestler theme song...I either heard that they did that years ago and forgot or never heard of it in the first place (I can say that I never listened to it before this). I found it on YouTube, I wonder if it's available officially? XD

Old 11-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Red Stars

so i learned women have a bigger pelvis than men in return a more round bigger waist even if the female is slimmer than the male and weighs less it's just how the anatomy is built.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:55 PM
Red Stars

Quote:
so i learned women have a bigger pelvis than men in return a more round bigger waist even if the female is slimmer than the male and weighs less it's just how the anatomy is built.
Yeah, us women have a higher body fat percentage than you d00dz.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:05 AM
Red Stars

it was made for the pushin lol
Old 12-01-2016, 03:50 AM
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
The WWE wrestler theme song...I either heard that they did that years ago and forgot or never heard of it in the first place (I can say that I never listened to it before this). I found it on YouTube, I wonder if it's available officially? XD
Doubt it's available officially. Too bad though. Just goes to show, in general, that people who don't know about TBM, or don't want to listen, that they do have name recognition in some instances. And now a video game song!