The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion Whatever happens to be on your mind...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Sexy black guy

Boring once again. Tomrrow should be alright. Get to play on drumline. Yaay
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 AM
Violet

Last Friday we had a Mardi Gras party where I work (a group home for MR/MH) and invited a bunch of other homes as well as a person from middle management. Staff at one of the houses wants to take their clients home and they have some trouble getting out. The B from middle management won't move her vehicle to let them out. It escalates and she ends up using a long string of profanity multiple times in front of clients. It spills outside, and eventually she comes running back in, goes straight to the kitchen drawer and pulls out this big fork--one of those 2 prong deals you use to hold a roast or turkey when you carve it--and tries to run out the door...my guess is not to barbecue something...and not one thing was done as discipline to this lady. This was not only in front of clients, but in front of clients who are known as 'behavioral,' meaning that they usually come from state hospitals and/or prison and employees are actually paid more to work with them because of the 'danger' of possible maladaptive behaviors.

I'm not even sure how I feel about this. Social services can be so ghetto sometimes that I'm almost used to it...but somebody from the office going apeshit because she didn't want to move her car to let someone out..then going so far as to brandish a weapon..in front of behavior clients...with state inspection coming up???
Old 02-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Blue

So my Valentines day was shit. The one day in over 4 months, that I'm actually looking forward to. Being banned from my significant other is beginning to take its toll on me. Not being allowed to spend time with them, other than school is hard. Especially after the year and a bit with no restrictions....so all in all my plans with them were crushed, and I didn't even get a lunch break with them.

oh and for something completely ridiculous, that actually cheered me up a bit...go to

http://www.godhatesgoths.com/index.html

LOL
Old 02-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Red

Yesterday, I was supposed to start work in the observatory, but the director had a family emergency. Now I have to wait until next Thursday to start.

There's also this person named "Judi" that will be working there too. I wonder who Judi is.. Her name sounds familiar...

Besides that, I figured out some more of TorqueScript. It's fun. I can't wait until we really dive into the video game development.

Also, my sister is in town for the week. She seems happy to be away from the burning mountains that are supposedly a mile or two away from her house. Haha, I can't wait to see her, which is in like four hours.

On a last note, I still can't get a good sleep cycle down. I've noticed that I stay awake for an estimated 26 hours, then sleep for 4 to 6 hours. I take one or two naps a week, and usually sleep in on the weekends when I can. In any case I feel deprived. My answers to this as well as others remain unanswered.

Last edited by Zakatheus; 02-15-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Video Kid

DEAR DIARY. Please let tomorrow night be painless.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Midnight

All and all, not a bad day: I was again so busy that I didn't have time to eat at all, but my work is progressing somewhat smoothly. Next weeks will be easily as burdening as this week was.

It sucks that I don't have time for my studies... and I seriously should study, or I won't pass my courses
Old 02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Video Kid

i'm getting better again, almost back to normal. my body rules.

No more girl next door, actions with no remorse. ~ Ayria

^ Part of the zero bullshit tolerance policy.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Blue

So today I had to babysit three of my mother's friend's kids. Ages of 5, 7, 10. Aside from being the loudest little creatures that I have ever seen or met in my entire life...everything went smoothly. Of course there was the occasional (so spelt that wrong) bump on the head, followed by endless nagging of who's fault it was, it was fairly easy. Too easy..which scares me.
Now my back hurts and my eyes are droopy...it's time for bed.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Mother of Unicorns

Send a message via Skype™ to xrayqueen

The past week wasnt the greatest one.I was so down because of my worries.They were stuck in my head and I couldn't get off 'em.I hate to think;I think way too much.Thinking isnt bad at all but after a time it can torture the mind INCREDIBLY. I would worry& think on when there wouldn't be yesterday's night appearance of a cool drummer here It was good to talk to him;yay,TBM seriously cheer up.It's medicine.Gah,TBM is a phenomen! I should go this weekend to the city to buy some important stuff I can't live without :D Hopefully also a magazine which is including something about TBM

Old 02-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Midnight

It has been a normal saturday for me: I woke up, drank coffee, did some studying, ate, read a book for several hours, watched a re-run of The Simpsons, a re-re-re-...-re-run of MacGyver, Charmed, and now I'm back online to bore y'all... *sigh* Just a typical Saturday...
Old 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Video Kid

Today was pretty exhausting cause I wasn't in the best physical condition. I went to a Nightwish-show yesterday, came back home at about 1 am and had to get up at 5.30. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep at first. And then I woke up at 4.45 or whatever. So I guess I had about 3 hours of sleep. Since I had to be at the arena pretty early yesterday I had no lunch and no dinner, that's why I also felt kind of week and my stomach felt weird all day. And I didn't drink a lot either, so that didn't help either. And of course I have sore muscled in my neck from headbanging and in my arms from clapping my hands and so on. Plus: I'm covered with bruises. I have the biggest bruise ever on my hip from crashing against the barrier (was in front row) while rocking out. I won't even describe my arms and my back lol. I took pics though haha
all this means: it rocked! but the setlist wasn't the best and Pain (support) played way too short...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Sexy black guy

Lets see, today I studied for my Science test tomorrow. I'm not too sure how Im gonna do on it, but I think I'll do well on my Algebra quiz so Im happy about that. Then after school I went to my percussion class and had an awesome rehearsal for our concert next week. Then I bought some sunglasses and a new ring.

Thats awesome Hell's Angi, I hope your bruises get better though. Sorry, about the hip! That''s like the worst place to get bruiises is on your hip bone from rubbing on the barrier that happened to me once and it hurt like hell =P
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Video Kid

Worked. Was Bored. Saw new friend. Went home.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Video Kid

@corpsy: thanks hehe, it's already better now...
i hope your test went well, and if you didn't have it yet: good luck!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Midnight

W00t! A 12-hour workday - and no overtime compensation!
And tomorrow some more w/o any salary! W00t!
And I'd need time to study for my next week's exam! W00t!
And I'm SO tired and stressed and happy! W00t!