The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Red Stars

Cool A day in the life...

Have you ever been curious about any of the members of TBM? Like how they got into music? What was it like growing up? Are you just hungry with questions that you wish you could ask them? I just wish I had the opportunity to hangout with them for a good amount of time and just converse about something unrelated to their career. Almost like being a friend instead of a fan. I know it's not my place to know personal things but it would be so much fun just to talk to them..about anything!

I had my opportunity back in may when I met them personally in toronto. But they were busy I didn't want to take up their time or I was afraid to. They were talking to other people and I felt I didn't want to interrupt them. Plus Mike, Rhim and Nate were setting up to play their gig in The Gnarly Ones so they didn't have too much time to chat and Chibi was there but I didn't want to take up too much of her time because she was having fun with her friends and dancing so I just took pictures with her and the rest of the band instead. This was at Sneaky Dees mexican restaurant and venue. The Red Paintings was the main act. I guess if I stayed after the show maybe they wouldve made time to talk to me. Idk im just ranting.

But I want to know..if you could spend a couple hours with any of them at a coffee shop, or even in their home!..what would you talk about? what would you ask them?
Old 11-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Red

Hopefully they will do another pledge campaign that will include incentives to pledge that involve getting to spend time with the band. That's the best way as you are also supporting them. On tour, they tend to be very busy and when they're not busy they want to relax. Sometimes you might see them and I think some will come out afterwards and say hello.

If you go to a lot of thier shows, you might get lucky and be able to chat with them. More shows, better luck, and you're also supporting them. Them seeing you at a bunch of VIPs increases the chance they'll see you after a show and chat with you. They'll know you're someone who really supports them.

I think that show in Toronto last May was a bit different situation in that it was a bit more private. If your instinct was that they were spending time with their friends and didn't want to be bothered with fans, it was probably correct. I was at that Red Paintings show, and I managed to say hello to them, but that was it. I didn't really try talking to them. Showing up someplace unexpected in their private life is probably best avoided.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Red Stars

Point taken..but if you COULD..what would you ask them? What would you like to know? What would you like them to know?

I'd talk to rainbow about his instruments and gear..when he started learning to play music. What was the name of the 4 track recorder he used in imagica.
I'd ask mike the same questions mainly about guitar and bass.
I'd ask owen nerdy questions like his favorite comics and if hes ever heard of the comics I have.
I'd talk to nate about other bands, shows I've seen and if hes connected to other artists that I know. He played at a venue I used to goto and I wanted to share a story with him about that venue.
I'd talk to Rhim about my first drumkit and ask about his.
Lastly I'd talk to Chibi about the rest of my trip in toronto..what I thought of the places I visited and ask what she likes about toronto her favorite attractions/places to visit. I'd also ask her how she was inspired to write fiction questions about her book and also questions about her singing.

Your turn! :P
Old 11-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Red

Your questions are great, I'd ask pretty much the same ones if I could. I'd also ask about what they're thinking they might do if there's another pledge campaign, as I participated in that and had a blast. I really hope they do another.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Red Stars

I hope they do another pledge as well! I'd love to get a signed CD and Vinyl!