The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows)

Kill the Lights (Tours and Shows) All the latest info about The Birthday Massacre shows.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Red

Default "Tour Documentary" cautionary information.

i will make this short and sweet. cmmassacre posted on here recently about a fund he has started for himself asking for donations to help him get to the tbm shows in philly and nyc. i know all of you are aware about the tour documentary he had planned, etc. a lot of the details he gave everyone involved do no line up, and many of us have come to believe that it was fake from the beginning and as this fund has appeared, a possible ploy for sympathy donations at the end of it. the "complications" that arose do not make sense, and it was a very convenient situation. i don't know what is true, i don't know what is not true. i posted a comment of caution on the thread he posted earlier today about his fund and he deleted the whole thing and the fund immediately, so i am taking it upon myself to make this thread so that it will stay here, and you can all know that i strongly advise you not to donate to him or give him anything, because i don't know who he is still talking to privately that may not have seen my post or his thread.

i don't mean for this to be drama, i mean for it to be a warning. take it as you will.

Last edited by Sleepwalker; 08-28-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Mother of Unicorns

Send a message via Skype™ to xrayqueen

I think, the problem was, that many were excited and fooled by the offer. It was a great offer, that does not have to be questioned.
I, as I could not be involved in any way anyways because I live in Germany, saw it always from a rather distanced angle.

Fact is, I was pissed as fuck when I read that it was cancelled. The whole focus was on him but not on the people who were having their hoped rised up high, I mean even Lizzy from the fucking UK(!!!) planned to fly(!!!) over... Imagine, if she had booked a flight or something,man...
Secondly, the whole things was utopian from the beginning. He wanted to film shows but he had no experience, etc. etc.
It was weird.
And thirdly, there is a thing some know that just goes beyond ANYTHING.

My message: Always (over)think, don't swallow something immediatly.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Big Red

Send a message via AIM to RachelSymphony

Yeah, there's too much confusion involved in all of this. I'm actually repulsed by the fact that someone we all trusted (!!!!!!!) would try and get our money in such a way and dupe us into believing this utopic plan would come to fruition. I feel played.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Violet

Thanks, Jordan

No, it was an awesome idea. But it was a flawed idea and it was from someone who none of us knew well at all and hadn't even been on the forum long. So yeah, it seemed a bit odd when I heard about it.

I don't feel that there were good intentions behind it. I'm just glad that nobody actually booked any flights or anything before all this happened.

In the future, maybe some of us can do something similar...but with people who have been in the TBM community for a while and are trusted around here. And if it does happen, we'll learn from this and be sure to have SOLID plans that add up and are legitimate with good intentions because we really do love TBM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Red

i will say in defense of those at the heart of the situation, there was a LOT of discussions concerning the tour. it wasn't something we only talked about a handful of times and thought it was true, there was a lot, a lot, a lot, of discussion and planning that eventually made all of our doubts fade away. only recently have various things come to light about all of this.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Sugar And Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
i will say in defense of those at the heart of the situation, there was a LOT of discussions concerning the tour. it wasn't something we only talked about a handful of times and thought it was true, there was a lot, a lot, a lot, of discussion and planning that eventually made all of our doubts fade away. only recently have various things come to light about all of this.
^^ THIS. I agree. It was very well discussed and planned out. It's only seemingly gone sour over the past week or so.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh My Cod!

Send a message via Skype™ to Clear Vision

Dunno if it matters in all this but CMM wasn't the one who came up with the donation idea. This is from somebody else:

Quote:
I'm still suggesting a donation box of sorts. A lot of us have paypal and maybe could donate like a dollar or two OR SOMETHING. You were willing to finance a lot of people's tickets and flights, and a ton more, we could help you out ya know even if its a just a little.

I know I've told you about this and you don't expect anyone's help but still!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Red

we know it was someone else who suggested it, that doesn't change all of the shady things involving the tour that occurred and the fact that he actually started asking for donations. he has told all of us that his inheritance of many millions of dollars is still in limbo. if that was true, there is no reason for him to be asking for money. i'm sorry, but he is fully at fault in many ways right now.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Spaced Out Water Queen

I was the one who came up with it. So next time you can put my damned name up there....
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh My Cod!

Sorry, didn't see why it would matter who's ideaa it was.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Spaced Out Water Queen

It doesnt.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh My Cod!

Sorry, I'm trying to be carefull about thing and almost thought I had angered you. Good to see it's okay.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Spaced Out Water Queen

No, no, all of this is making my head hurt honestly. And I don't like feeling duped or otherwise. I'm just laying it down and walking away. CV, we're cool.

EDIT: I'm saying duped because I feel now that I was certainly wrong in opinion about this person than I was just a day or two ago. That in itself is sad, it upsets me. So like I said, walking away. No VP drama for me, I didnt 'come back' to this board for that. I came back for the friends I have made and for the BAND I love so much.

Thanks.

Last edited by DizzyKitty; 08-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Black

I'm a little irritated at myself because of the fact that I spent money planning for this, I wished I waited a little longer before I had.

The only reason I wanted to believe it was because I could relate to what he said he was going through.

Last edited by donnaj; 08-30-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Ghost blood

My question: is there actual PROOF that it was a lie?
I've got the strangest feeling/this isn't our first time around
Closed Thread