The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > More Music

More Music Discuss artists and bands, old and new.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Black

I love her! I love her 60s vibe and how her music all has this hopelessly melancholy I-don't-care-I-love-him soulful feeling. Which fits her voice so well, I could always imagine her singing "Blue Velvet" and I flipped out when I found out she covered it for the H&M advert. Sounds so perfect.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:25 AM
Midnight

I've known of her for ages but I never took any time to listen to her, and now that I have today for the first time I realize what I hear EVERY time I am in Forever 21.

Not a bash though I have become a big fan in one day. Summertime Sadness is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a while. I adore her singing style because I love when women sing in deep voices. Not that she's exclusively deep voiced, it's just a plus.

deviantARTlast.fm

One love to possess me
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Blue

Send a message via AIM to Something from Somewhere

I wore the Diet Mountain Dew demo out when somebody linked it to me a couple years ago, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw her popularity explode last year.

Last edited by Something from Somewhere; 01-26-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Oh My Cod!

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread before now!

If I'm not mistaken (I say this because of my awful memory sometimes) DH had a signature with this graphic of Lana Del Rey and lyrics to Gods & Monsters. The picture and the words both kept catching my attention every time I was on VP and saw DH posting so I finally looked into it and listened to that song

It's funny looking back now, I did like that song quite a bit but remembered thinking to myself that she'll never be one of my favorites but that was not true...she's now possibly my favorite artist. Ever!!

After Gods & Monsters, I listened to Born To Die, I think it was. And fell in love with that, from there I went on to listen to more and more of her songs. Over time I realized I was falling in love with her music because, like TBM, it speaks to my heart and soul. I realized there was something very special about her music, not just her voice or the lyrics but also with her.

I could go on and on about how amazing I think she is but looking over all of the comments in this thread, I think everyone said some really nice things about her and also the reasonings as to why she's loved. I will say I really love how old fashioned her music sounds and how deep her voice is as well as the things she sings about (in particular love )

Lana Del Rey will always be a favorite to me, dear to my heart, just like TBM ♡
Old 10-13-2016, 04:04 AM
Persephone

Location: Where I go hauntingly, within the depths of a darkened forest

I first heard this while they were promoting Maleficent. I loved it. Hell, even Angelina Jolie pushed for Lana to sing this song specifically. I just fell in love with this song and her voice. The second song I heard was (and saw the music video of Lana and another woman-I know that Lana is into older men) was "Summertime Sadness". And the third song that finally sealed the deal was "Diet Mountain Dew".

"Never was there ever a girl so pretty" ❤

Gawd, don't even get me started on the song "Honeymoon". Sexy chills~!!!!!!

The waning moon sets to rest
Withering a night sky to a zombie grey light
Persephone Dark Queen's Underworld
Old 12-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Oh My Cod!

Not too long ago I discovered "I Can Fly" and "Big Eyes" from Tim Burton's Big Eyes movie, thanks to Songpop :D

Those songs are really amazing and made me realize how the more music of hers I discover, the more I fall in love with her music even still.

I definitely have to mention how happy I am that Tim Burton likes her and her voice too and picked her to write and perform both songs