The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > The Birthday Massacre > The Birthday Massacre

The Birthday Massacre General discussion about the band.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Oh My Cod!

Exclamation TBM Reviews

Here we can share reviews about TBM!

There is already a review about the upcoming Imagica album, thanks to Pete Woods at Ave Noctum!

The Birthday Massacre ľ Imagica (Metropolis)
http://www.avenoctum.com/2016/07/the...ca-metropolis/
Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 PM
Red Stars

oh man if i did a search id find many but thanks for sharing! last review i saw was for superstition by some guy on youtube..a mixed review! how dare he!
Old 07-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Walking with Strangers

I really, really hope that the Play Dead track is a full version of this demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9yNoOrtas
--

P.S. How do you embed videos on here?

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')
Old 07-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Oh My Cod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamThing View Post
oh man if i did a search id find many but thanks for sharing! last review i saw was for superstition by some guy on youtube..a mixed review! how dare he!
Oh yeah, lots of them out there! Surprised there wasn't a thread on here for them yet so decided to make one so when there's new ones, we have a place to share I saw that! Gonna link it here in case anyone is curious

(I actually found two Superstition reviews on youtube! Someguy's is the one I saw, not sure which you were talking about)

&

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScarf View Post
I really, really hope that the Play Dead track is a full version of this demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9yNoOrtas
--

P.S. How do you embed videos on here?
Ooh that demo, sounds so nice

To embed a youtube video, gonna use your link as an example, you take the part after the v= (so in this case iN9yNoOrtas) and put it between this code [ yt ] [ /yt ], just erase the spaces that are in between the brackets, if that makes sense!
HTML Code:
[yt]iN9yNoOrtas[/yt]
Figured out how to show you the code! :D

Last edited by Chimera Doll; 07-14-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Red Stars

i didnt like someguys review it wasnt too positive but the rocked one well..rocked! haha.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Walking with Strangers

^^^ Thanks Chimera. I tried all manner of codes, including the above but was including the full YT link at all times.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:23 PM
Red Stars

downloaded the playdead demo. where do these people find this stuff? someone knows someone eh?
Old 07-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
downloaded the playdead demo. where do these people find this stuff? someone knows someone eh?
I thought you already had it, tbh. I'm also interested in knowing when and where these demos and clips were originally released - for informational and archival purposes. :P

Old 07-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Red Stars

i am so thankful for youtube mp3 and flash video downloader for firefox lol. cant say how much fan concert footage i have of TBM to date and i get as many demo/unreleased shit as i can from them but ill never attempt to download official content illegally. i was so happy when i downloaded all their albums from amazon when i first started listening to them and then i became a superfan so i just had to have the physical copies!! i made a thread about that "videokid collection" dvd that that skullsmasher dude got at a record swap and supposedly its a *winky wink* item. so yes very wrong they would bootleg a concert in florida and profit off it but it wouldve been so fair if they gave it away for free instead of being greedy a-holes and did it legally like the other tbm bootleg dvd. i wouldve loved to see that!
Old 07-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
i am so thankful for youtube mp3 and flash video downloader for firefox lol. cant say how much fan concert footage i have of TBM to date and i get as many demo/unreleased shit as i can from them but ill never attempt to download official content illegally. i was so happy when i downloaded all their albums from amazon when i first started listening to them and then i became a superfan so i just had to have the physical copies!! i made a thread about that "videokid collection" dvd that that skullsmasher dude got at a record swap and supposedly its a *winky wink* item. so yes very wrong they would bootleg a concert in florida and profit off it but it wouldve been so fair if they gave it away for free instead of being greedy a-holes and did it legally like the other tbm bootleg dvd. i wouldve loved to see that!
Aw, where can I read more about the 'Video Kid Collection' DVD? Yeah, real shame they'd do something like that.

I agree about downloading stuff illegally. I did originally pirate everything they had up to a point and it was like that for years - in fact, I didn't know they had 2 versions of some songs, like The Dream at first. So, after seeing Chibi's teeny 'grande estate' (among other things) in the previous pledge and with how they gave me free stuff when I saw them that one and only time, now that I have a job I'm determined to support them.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Red Stars

I admit i was a pirate myself for a long time. if i could buy back all my music i pirated i would but itd be very costly. but for the last couple years ive been buying my music now and to be honest it feels good knowing im getting high quality virus free data even though illegal files may be clean as well atleast your guaranteed. also as i learned more about the music industry i understand now that the artist needs as much support as they can get to make a career out of their art. i know a former singer that was a part of a signed band (seasons after) and even had a deal with warner bros music who now works at sonic. really sad. luckily fans today are starting to become loyal again that want to collect vinyls which is starting to make more sales than cd albums apparently so this might be an alternative to file sharing.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
I admit i was a pirate myself for a long time. if i could buy back all my music i pirated i would but itd be very costly. but for the last couple years ive been buying my music now and to be honest it feels good knowing im getting high quality virus free data even though illegal files may be clean as well atleast your guaranteed. also as i learned more about the music industry i understand now that the artist needs as much support as they can get to make a career out of their art. i know a former singer that was a part of a signed band (seasons after) and even had a deal with warner bros music who now works at sonic. really sad. luckily fans today are starting to become loyal again that want to collect vinyls which is starting to make more sales than cd albums apparently so this might be an alternative to file sharing.
Everything I originally pirated I'd lost when my P.Cs/laptops would crash and I never backed anything up. A couple times I went to the effort of getting everything back but haven't bothered anymore. Now I've got a job I'll just slowly (but legitimately) build up my music (and other media) collection.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Walking with Strangers

Oh and here's a review as I seem to have posted a few off-topic comments above:
http://rockrevoltmagazine.com/album-...-superstition/

Heh, I like the "shimmering bunnies." ^^

Old 07-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Violet

Open your hearts tbm fans!!!!
Beautiful song
Madonna cover.

Last edited by Imagica; 07-21-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Violet

Omg Dead is so scary! my favorite song