The Birthday Massacre Board The Birthday Massacre Board

Go Back   The Birthday Massacre Board > More Topics > Artist's Corner

Artist's Corner Share your artwork, poetry or anything artistic.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Violet

Default Musician Collaborators (preferably musicians influenced by The Birthday Massacre)

i'm trying to save up enough money buy the music equipment i need to create and record my own music. i already have instruments but just need to invest in some studio quality recording equipment such as a professional 8 track recorder with built in patterns and effects. but once i do, and i've finished the tracks for my albums i plan on finishing. i am going to need someone with a really good voice, preferably edgy, and dark, girl or boy, to add vocals over the tracks i've created lyrics for.

i'm curious to see who has the skill to collaborate ideas with me and hopefully be available to add vocals to my songs when i am finally finished. i'm guessing i will need this person to be available in or around a year or so, since i haven't even started and want to at least create my first to albums before i'm ready. if so, we would most likely have to meet, since i would have record it on my equipment, of course unless you have your own equipment to record on which is probably unlikely. but in the case that you are a musician with studio equipment, that would be perfect, since we could do everything online. for example i would just send you the mp3's via email or send you a link to download it from a downloadable link. either way it would be good to know, since i always looking for other musicians to collaborate with.

anyone with a good voice that sounds dark and edgy? please feel free to let me know if you are interested.

a little about myself: my name is Cory. i live in Stockton, CA. USA
The Birthday Massacre is my main influence, and is my favorite band. i usually don't like most music since it sounds boring and ordinary to me. i feel i'm not the most talented person, but i have alot of good ideas. i consider myself more of a song writer rather than a musician. my only drawback is that i don't know much about studio recording. but once i get my studio together i am bright enough to figure that out. i really have high hopes that my music will turn out the way i expect good music to sound, and quality is a must, or why bother. i don't necessarily want my music to sound like The Birthday Massacre, but i really like their style and atmosphere, and i plan on to making at least some songs on the album having elements that remind me of a similar atmosphere, since my ideas are influenced by my influences, if that makes sense.

let me know thanks!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Walking with Strangers

I'm not a musician, but good luck! Hope you're able to find someone. Have you posted anywhere else on the web? These forums aren't very active anymore, sadly.

I also understand what you mean when you say most music sounds boring and ordinary. For me it's modern mainstream music (pop in particular) that I dislike - mainly as it's designed to get stuck in your head.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 01-03-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Oh My Cod!

I would love to hear your music! Anything that is TBM influenced, I'm interested in for sure. Definitely post around other places, if you can, like DoomScarf said. Not many people around here I do remember seeing someone post a few months ago or so about looking for other musicians, don't think they've been back around much though.

I really hope you can find someone or even a few people to work with, best of luck!! :D
Old 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Walking with Strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera Doll View Post
I would love to hear your music! Anything that is TBM influenced, I'm interested in for sure. Definitely post around other places, if you can, like DoomScarf said. Not many people around here I do remember seeing someone post a few months ago or so about looking for other musicians, don't think they've been back around much though.

I really hope you can find someone or even a few people to work with, best of luck!! :D
I think this is the person who you're on about: http://board.violetprison.com/showthread.php?t=2244

So stkncb28, maybe you want to try and get in contact with the OP in that thread? There are some Facebook groups like Imaginary Monsters you could try posting in as well, I think you'd have better luck there too.

Thank you Plague Kitty for the signature. :')

Last edited by DoomScarf; 01-03-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Oh My Cod!

^ Yes, that is them! Thank you for finding that thread
Would be cool if you guys could talk and work something out :D
Old 01-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Red Stars

yea i replied to that one haha. unfortunately my situation has changed so im out. but maybe that guy in the thread can collaborate with him even though hes east coast.